T'eo vs. Smith

section122

T'eo vs. Smith  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose with the Bills first pick?

• Manti T'eo
    • Geno Smith
    • a different qb
    • a different player (please name)

As of right now the Bills hold the #8 pick. According to Drafttek Manti T'eo is the #8 prospect and Geno Smith is #7. Since these are the names most often mentioned I figured it would be interesting to see where people stand on who they would like the Bills to pick with their first rounder.

If Smith is available I would pick him over T'eo. I have concerns about Smith's mental toughness as I have seen him hang his head several times. However his talent is evident especially on medium throws which kill defenses. T'eo may translate well to the next level but after McClain and Curry have washed out I'm a little concerned about drafting a mlb this high. His 40 time will either make or cost him a lot of money.

So what say you?

I seriously cannot believe than ANY Bills Fan would want Te'o over Geno Smith...It makes me question whether or not some of you have been actually watching Bills Games, or the NFL for that matter, over the past few year...And it's nothing against Te'o either...I like Te'o...But he's an ILB...And he's not Patrick Willis either...Plus he has not run on the clock yet...There are Scouts who feel Te'o has 4.7-4.8 speed...That will matter in the NFL...IF, and this is a HUGE if...IF Te'o runs in the 4.5-4.6 range then and only then will he be a consideration...Still though it should not matter when compared with Smith...We need a QB...

The Bills need a Franchise QB...Period...That is by far the #1 need...It's not even close...Geno Smith has tremendous upside... He's athletic, great arm, he's a student of the game...Over 70% completions in College...Seriously folks... B-)

Ive watched Geno Smith enough to doubt his potential at the next level........ That Defensive Unit needs to be addressed this entire draft in my opinion with guys that can possibly come in a start right now....I want a QB bad too but this team has so many holes on defense that can't be overlooked...I wouldn't care of the Bills drafted all defense and one middle round QB "with all/most of the tools" and maybe tried to get a FA guy in here to compete with $59 million dollar man next season.... and obviously "with out a doubt" a new HC....

I want a QB as bad as any other fan, but there is no Andrew Luck or RGIII in this years class. After watching Beast Mode run up the middle like there was no defense there this past sunday, T'eo could do wonders. He also has big time leadership skills that the Bills sorely lack, and he is a big time class act, not immature penalties from him.

Guys like T'eo only come along once in a blue moon. We'd be crazy not to take him.

They said the same things about Aaron Curry and Rolando McClain too. The great hype machine that is ESPN is an amazing tool....

I seriously cannot believe than ANY Bills Fan would want Te'o over Geno Smith...It makes me question whether or not some of you have been actually watching Bills Games, or the NFL for that matter, over the past few year...And it's nothing against Te'o either...I like Te'o...But he's an ILB...And he's not Patrick Willis either...Plus he has not run on the clock yet...There are Scouts who feel Te'o has 4.7-4.8 speed...That will matter in the NFL...IF, and this is a HUGE if...IF Te'o runs in the 4.5-4.6 range then and only then will he be a consideration...Still though it should not matter when compared with Smith...We need a QB...

The Bills need a Franchise QB...Period...That is by far the #1 need...It's not even close...Geno Smith has tremendous upside... He's athletic, great arm, he's a student of the game...Over 70% completions in College...Seriously folks... B-)

Agree x1000. How many more defensive draft picks that lead to terrible defensive numbers will we draft?

Grab geno trade up. Qb is the head of the snake. Tired of running around headless

If they are both there I'd take Geno Smith he's the only QB in this draft I have confidence in being a starting QB long term, I doubt he will be there for the Bills pick though too many teams ahead of us also need a QB. I think it's a 50/50 chance on Te'o being there for us, I like him, and he definitely be one of the 4 or 5 players I'd consider but I don't think he's Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis good.

Te'o's intangibles alone make him worth considering.

Any QB at all in the draft is a crapshoot this year. Is rather get a couple QBs late first or second round then again 4th.

This is a QB driven league and all the rule changes have made sure of that. TEO may be great but without a great QB or trying to get one your team will not go anywhere.

As far as any QB being a crap shoot this may be true but when you do not have one you better start shooting.

We won't be in a position to draft Geno Smith, if NFL scouts think he's the real deal; the team with the top pick (KC, Oakland, Jax) will grab him. As for T'eo, I think he will be a good player, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ogeltree ends up the better pro. I voted "other"; I would go with Keenan Allen or Bjoern Werner, probably.

Edited by ny33

Ive watched Geno Smith enough to doubt his potential at the next level........ That Defensive Unit needs to be addressed this entire draft in my opinion with guys that can possibly come in a start right now....I want a QB bad too but this team has so many holes on defense that can't be overlooked...I wouldn't care of the Bills drafted all defense and one middle round QB "with all/most of the tools" and maybe tried to get a FA guy in here to compete with $59 million dollar man next season.... and obviously "with out a doubt" a new HC....

I don't know what to tell you about your evaluation on Smith...We'll see...Is he Luck or RGIII? No, not quite...Is he an athletic QB who is known to be an excellent study? Absolutely...Has he completed over 71% of his passes as a Sr? Yes...Is he athletic enough to run some of the read-option that RGII, and Russell Wilson are running so effectively? Sure he is...

As far as the Defense vs. the QB situation, the raw numbers simply do not support going with Defense vs. QB when it comes to winning Teams in the NFL...It takes 11 guys on Defense too, whereas one QB, a good QB, makes a world of difference...Of the 16 Teams with at least 8 wins so far this season, 9 of them have QB's in the top 10 in either Passer Rating, Total QBR, or both...A more telliing stat is that 14 of those 16 teams have a QB ranking at least 14th in the league in either Passer Rating or Total QBR...That's 87%...

Of those same 16 teams, 7 have Defenses in the top 10, but 7 also have Defenses ranked 19th or worse...4 of those 16 teams have Defenses ranked 26th or worse...

Also, it should be pointed out that one of those QB's with a poor Passer Rating (31st) is Andrew Luck...And we all know how good that kid already is, and will be...

So anyway...The QB MUST come 1st...Then the Defense can be further addressed...The better the QB, the more you can get away with an average, to below average Defense...But start with the QB...It's proven to work... B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.