Fitz Turn

I've never seen that at the professional level. I truly dropped my jaw, and will believe no excuse that they give. That was a play that should be all over sports center and a strong candidate for a blooper reel/worst play call of the year.

picked up three spiller got the first down next play......move on

Well that's all well and good and all but it sure looks like our HC didn't know what down it was and ended up wasting a play as a result. But you're right, we ended up moving the chains and that's ultimately what matters. It's just worrisome that a HC could have a lapse like that. Makes you wonder about other things.

GO BILLS!!!

picked up three spiller got the first down next play......move on

not really the point. if they really didnt know the down then thats just bizarrely embarrassing. otoh, it looks really bad but it still could have been a busted play. at least thats what im hoping. im sure they will get quizzed mercilessly on it, which they should, so we should have at least some explanation here shortly

Edited by Meathead

Was the Fitz 1st down sneak ever explained?

Yes. Chan and Fitz both said it was a bad play they were in, and they didn't want to waste a time out. They said a safety would have come in untouched and stopped Spiller for a loss, and the out-play was a quick pass to Stevie, who was lined up to the side that the blitzing safety way on. Fitz just took the snap and ran to the gap that Spiller would have been shooting for.

Well that's all well and good and all but it sure looks like our HC didn't know what down it was and ended up wasting a play as a result. But you're right, we ended up moving the chains and that's ultimately what matters. It's just worrisome that a HC could have a lapse like that. Makes you wonder about other things.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. He's starting to get further and further from.... I'm not even sure what word to use.

He used to strike me as organized and having a philosophy (like it or not)... But it's gotten very scatter shot and disjointed. Not very aware. Inconsistent.

Yes. Chan and Fitz both said it was a bad play they were in, and they didn't want to waste a time out. They said a safety would have come in untouched and stopped Spiller for a loss, and the out-play was a quick pass to Stevie, who was lined up to the side that the blitzing safety way on. Fitz just took the snap and ran to the gap that Spiller would have been shooting for.

So basically it was a bad play called! Go figure

Interesting. No other audible available?