Fitz Turn

Yes. Chan and Fitz both said it was a bad play they were in, and they didn't want to waste a time out. They said a safety would have come in untouched and stopped Spiller for a loss, and the out-play was a quick pass to Stevie, who was lined up to the side that the blitzing safety way on. Fitz just took the snap and ran to the gap that Spiller would have been shooting for.

I'm not buying that explanation at all. Perhaps I'm just too cynical at this point, but it didn't look like Fitz read the safety at all.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes. Chan and Fitz both said it was a bad play they were in, and they didn't want to waste a time out. They said a safety would have come in untouched and stopped Spiller for a loss, and the out-play was a quick pass to Stevie, who was lined up to the side that the blitzing safety way on. Fitz just took the snap and ran to the gap that Spiller would have been shooting for.

an awkward but potentially reasonable explanation

Interesting. No other audible available?

that was my thought but i dont know the exact circumstance. perhaps the didnt have enough time to call the audible before the play clock expired