$84.99 a six pack

Beerball

There are a lot of great craft beers. In fact there is one, White Birch, that opened right at the end of my street. Superb, but costs anywhere from $13 to $24 for a 22oz bottle. There comes a point when the slight improvement in taste isn't worth the extra cost.

Beer Advocate

PTR

When you're using Yuengling as your baseline, I don't think you can use slight improvement when comparing it to a lot of the beers mentioned in this thread. A proper analogy would be getting a burger from Wendy's vs. a steak from Ruth's Chris. The difference is night and day, and you pay for it accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no so much of a beer snob that I totally sneer at Yuengling, Bud or PBR. There is a time and a place for almost every beer. Almost.

I tried to get some of it in NYC, my buddy and I were going to split a 6 brick, but every place was already sold out and I called the afternoon it was released.

like the article said, most places had early lines.... some hours before stores opened.

When you're using Yuengling as your baseline, I don't think you can use slight improvement when comparing it to a lot of the beers mentioned in this thread. A proper analogy would be getting a burger from Wendy's vs. a steak from Ruth's Chris. The difference is night and day, and you pay for it accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no so much of a beer snob that I totally sneer at Yuengling, Bud or PBR. There is a time and a place for almost every beer. Almost.

Yuengling? I'm sorry, but are you !@#$ing kidding me?

Obviously you have never had a Lord Chesterfield Ale or a Black & Tan. Both are terrific. My hunch is that you had a old skunky can of lager once, or that the cheap price colors your opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I like a snobby expensive beer as much as the next snobby expensive beer drinker. Many Unabroue offerings like Raftman and La Fin du Monde are favorites.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeungling is that beer to bridge the gap from the crap(light, lite, corona et all) to the 'upper tier' Sam Adams, Anchor, Sierra Nevada et all...

Obviously you have never had a Lord Chesterfield Ale or a Black & Tan. Both are terrific. My hunch is that you had a old skunky can of lager once, or that the cheap price colors your opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I like a snobby expensive beer as much as the next snobby expensive beer drinker. Many Unabroue offerings like Raftman and La Fin du Monde are favorites.

PTR

PTR

I've had plenty of all the Yuengling styles. They are just ok beers when put up against other craft beers of the same styles, none are great or outstanding.