Think Seatle would consider trading Flynn?

jhemmer

Good point that his stock has fallen.

And there's actually an argument to be made that he has an untradeable contract.

i dont think his stock in nfl circles was ever as high as it was in the media "qb articles get views" circles. His free agency left Seattle as the only taker in that stratosphere of commitment. i still think someone might get it in their head that they are desperate for a qb and pull the trigger (because people have done that) but.... i think kind of like my discussion in a cousins thread, most gms wouldnt want to run out and trade an asset for a qb they passed on just a year ago at the same financial price but no compensation in a trade. Unless someones situation drastically changed (philly for example) i dont think that any GM wants to say "i made a mistake last year not getting him for cheaper so now im going to double down and say my evaluation last year was wrong and send even more now based on no meaningful changes in his scouting reports"

This!! A million times this!!

If he couldnt beat out a 3rd round rookie, after the team just invested in him, why would we trade for him instead of picking our own rookie?

Because we are so good at developing talent. :sick:

Maybe they can loan him to us Sunday? Like a test drive?

PTR

They're paying him a bunch of money to just sit on the bench... It'd be interesting to see a three way competitiion for starting qb between Fitz, Flynn and TJ next spring.

Go Bills!

all we need now is Wilson and we'll have all the Seattle QBs :D

We have traded for Flynn in the first place instead of TJ or more like Got him in FA instead of Anderson.

However now we should draft a competent QB like Jones or Wilson.

I can't believe Flynn's stock is all that high at this point. He was a 7th round pick who signed a big contract and lost a preseason position battle to a rookie. Johnson, Schaub, and Kolb were all higher picks (4, 3, 2) and more highly regarded coming out of college. He's still basically unknown and his salary goes up the next two years of his contract. I'm sure Seattle doesn't want to pay him 6 and 8 million the next two years to be the backup. Unless they are able to convince teams that one game two years ago was worth it, I'd be surprised if Seattle is able to get a high pick for him at this point. If they ask for that you say no.

If Green Bay was trying to trade him after last year I might agree, but with his stock falling I don't think anyone will be willing to give up a high pick for him now.

that was t the question if you could have him for a low draft pick. Personally I think he gets a 3rd rounder at minimum, probably a 2nd rounder. His stock is what it is, he's a QB that every idiot and thier mother gets over hyped about. Of course every team wants a young unknown QB to groom and build up. Just look at the trades for QBs in recent past. Look at the contracts given out to sub par QBs or QBs that haven't proven a thing. Like almost everyone likes to point out here, it's a QB league now and you can't win the Superbowl unless you have a HOFer at the position so of course people will be trying to find that guy. To some, he is more known, reliable and proven than any QB. To others, you'd rather have the early draft pick.

So to answer your question, if we could have him for a 5th rounder or later, sure. Anything earlier is too much IMO because he hasn't proven anything other than being able to throw a few passes in a Superbowl team. The only problem that comes into play then is his contract, which is WAYYYY too much to pay for a guy that's unproven.

As I recall, the only other team besides Seattle which was interested in Flynn was Miami.

They were the only two teams who made Flynn an offer.

Hard to imagine that the market for him would go up one year later.

Eagles and Arizona may enter the market would be my only guesses. Kc?

All 3 would be newcomers to the Flynn situation

Oaklands staff has GB ties and maybe not Palmer love - thinking outside the box

Edited by NoSaint

Eagles and Arizona may enter the market would be my only guesses. Kc?

All 3 would be newcomers to the Flynn situation

Oaklands staff has GB ties and maybe not Palmer love - thinking outside the box

Well there are two different categories:

1) Teams which need a quarterback

2) Teams who view Matt Flynn as a viable starting quarterback

Bledsoe got beat you by a 6th round pick second year guy named Tom Brady. So why cant Flynn be better than Fitz or anyone else available?

He might be better than Fitz. It's certainly possible.

Brady had a lot of the things personnel guys look for in a quarterback including intelligence, height, and a good arm. Flynn is intelligent.

Question to you. Are you looking for any possible improvement over Fitz or are you looking for something more than that?

Why would you want Flynn, what has he proven? A couple of good games in a high power offense with weapons at wide out?, well **** Fitz has done that, had a couple of good games.

A QB upgrade is needed not a 7th round pick lateral move. That doesn't accomplish anything.

Edited by FreakPop

all we need now is Wilson and we'll have all the Seattle QBs :D

We have traded for Flynn in the first place instead of TJ or more like Got him in FA instead of Anderson.

However now we should draft a competent QB like Jones or Wilson.

We should have traded for an unproven backup with a relatively huge contract, or signed him at bottom-level starter money to compete with Fitz? Right.