Texanites vs Cheatriots - Game thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolutely awesome team to watch. I really like watching them play. Great team. Great coaching. Fantastic. I'm over the hate. They're just damn good.

I like watching them just to figure out what inexplicably bizarre calls they're going to get. That PI call from last night still kills me. :lol:

This whole Patriots cheating thing is just sad. They just happen to be one of the best coached teams in history with one of the best QBs in history. Put those two together and you get what we saw last night and pretty much every Sunday.

^^^ This!

Brady doesn't matter. You can put Matt Cassell back in there and the Pats will win just as easily.

Are you the same guy who calls WGR stating that Jim Kelly should be the next coach of the Bills? You are completely delusional if you can't see the difference between Brady and Cassel.

The Pat*s are a flawed team. Their O-Line and secondary are suspect. Other than Welker, i don't think their receivers scare anyone . . . But watching them last night . . . Brady is magnificent and probably (IMHO) the best quarterback to ever play with the exception of Montana. Vince Wilfork is playing all world this season

Secondly, they are extremely well coached. There is always a wrinkle, something new, the quick snaps . . . They dictate to you. It's rarely the other way.

Sunday's game against a big, fast and nasty 49'ers team should be interesting.

That said, barring a miracle, look for the Pat*s to be playing for all the marbles in February. Who in the AFC is going to beat them?

You are completely delusional if you can't see the difference between Brady and Cassel.

I sure didn't see any difference between the two when Cassell filled in for Brady in '08! And Cassell was a rookie that year who never started a game in college. It's easy to be a good QB when you have someone telling you in your ear which receiver is open as well as the other team's defensive schemes.

I hate the Pats as much as any other Bills fan, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize a good team when I see it. They're a good team, with balance on offense and a defense that seems to be coming together. The Texans couldn't run the ball, they couldn't throw the ball. And they have an offense that can do both.

Their defense was picked apart by Brady, and it didn't matter what they tried to do. If they blitzed, he found the hot receiver almost every time. If they rushed four, he was able to go through his read progressions with plenty of time to spare. No amount of cheating can make that happen. That's their O-line just dominating.

If they make it to the superbowl, I'll do what I've always done. I'll wait until the fourth quarter, hope the game is close, and hopefully watch them lose in some painful way, like a dropped pass or missed kick.

I sure didn't see any difference between the two when Cassell filled in for Brady in '08! And Cassell was a rookie that year who never started a game in college. It's easy to be a good QB when you have someone telling you in your ear which receiver is open as well as the other team's defensive schemes.

Ah yes. Its all a conspiracy . The Pats continue to cheat.

Brady threw FIFTY TD's in '07. Remind me what Cassel did in '08 that makes you believe that "there is no difference" between the two?

Also, explain how someone is in Brady's ear while the play is going on telling him which WR is open? All in a matter of seconds. If you are going to play the cheating card(which is getting a little long in the tooth), at least get the story staight.

Cassel was in his fourth year, and had 5 fewer wins than Brady had on pretty much the same team, there wasn't a lot of turnover on the roster that year

Yep...Brady drops back, McDaniels yells, "deep left!" and that's where he throws. One of the dumbest posts I've ever read and that's saying something.

Id say odds right now favor giants pats rematch.

I'm thinking Niners-Pats in the Super Bowl and as luck would have it, I believe those two play each other this week.

As far as who represents the NFC, no doubt Eli is way above Kaepernick but I actually think the Niners are superior in every other facet and that they'll likely have home field in a hypothetical NFC Championship Game against the Giants.

I'm thinking Niners-Pats in the Super Bowl and as luck would have it, I believe those two play each other this week.

As far as who represents the NFC, no doubt Eli is way above Kaepernick but I actually think the Niners are superior in every other facet and that they'll likely have home field in a hypothetical NFC Championship Game against the Giants.

But giants smothered 9ers in SF earlier in a statement game, and with the way they obliterated saints last week I get the feeling they're starting to get hot at the right time again. Another game to keep an eye on will be giants @ falcons ... If they win there too in another place they could revisit in playoffs , I'd definitely see them as NFC favorites.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sunday's game against a big, fast and nasty 49'ers team should be interesting.

I think it'll be a fun game to watch, as long as San Fran is on their game. For some reason, I don't see Kaepernick pulling this one out, though.

That said, barring a miracle, look for the Pat*s to be playing for all the marbles in February. Who in the AFC is going to beat them?

They're still the class of the AFC and certainly made a statement on Monday night, but let's not let one game dictate the Superbowl participants. They're still not the #1 seed right now and will probably have to win on the road to get to the big game. Not that they can't, but if they have to play the AFC championship game in Houston, I think the Texans will remember this shellacking.

Id say odds right now favor giants pats rematch.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been more sick and tired of two teams in my life.