Inflation

TPS

I responded to some of them in the other thread. Though, me responding to Schift's arguments would be no differnet than posting Krugman's views for you (which is why I did in the other thread) as I know exactly how you would respond to that as well.

Yes, we all have our own biases.

Yes, but mine are right. :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-11/fed-s-plosser-says-stimulus-may-backfire-fuel-inflation.html

Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia President Charles Plosser said the central bank’s record stimulus risks a surge in inflation and may impair efforts by households to repair their finances.

“Attempts to increase economic ‘stimulus’ may not help speed up the process and may actually prolong it,” Plosser said in the text of a speech today in Somerset, New Jersey.

US Q4 GDP: From 2.5% To Sub 1% in Under Six Months.

The previously noted surge in the US trade deficit may or may not be due to the iPhone (which either leads to a rise or fall in GDP, depending on which "strategist" is goalseeking their excel model to reality), but the result is clear: Q4 GDP just got slammed. Below is a summary of the Wall Street penguins all of whom had no choice but to revise their Q4 GDPs far lower.

• Goldman Sachs: 1.8% to 1.3%
  • JPM: 1.5% to 0.8%
  • RBS: 1.5% to 0.7%
  • Nomura: 2% to 1.3%
  • Last, and least, Deutche Bank's Joe Lavorgna: unchanged at 1.3%

Look forward to hope being forced to surge even more to offset for this cut by nearly 50% ot the consensus Q4 GDP estimate of 1.5% prior to today. And while we wait for Bloomberg to compile today's massive downward revision to economic growth, this is how Q4 GDP tracking estimates looked like in the past 6 months before today's downward revision which will take the consensus line to 1% or under.

US Q4 GDP: From 2.5% To Sub 1% in Under Six Months.

The previously noted surge in the US trade deficit may or may not be due to the iPhone (which either leads to a rise or fall in GDP, depending on which "strategist" is goalseeking their excel model to reality), but the result is clear: Q4 GDP just got slammed. Below is a summary of the Wall Street penguins all of whom had no choice but to revise their Q4 GDPs far lower.

• Goldman Sachs: 1.8% to 1.3%
  • JPM: 1.5% to 0.8%
  • RBS: 1.5% to 0.7%
  • Nomura: 2% to 1.3%
  • Last, and least, Deutche Bank's Joe Lavorgna: unchanged at 1.3%

Look forward to hope being forced to surge even more to offset for this cut by nearly 50% ot the consensus Q4 GDP estimate of 1.5% prior to today. And while we wait for Bloomberg to compile today's massive downward revision to economic growth, this is how Q4 GDP tracking estimates looked like in the past 6 months before today's downward revision which will take the consensus line to 1% or under.

Let me be clear

Although the election was held in November my Inauguration will not occur until later this month. Therefore any poor performance of the economy in 2012 Q4 is the fault of the previous administraaaaaaaaa. Oh wait, nevermind.

My fellow Americans, we must put these racist statistics behind us and move Forward!© Imagine the increase in GDP upon the minting of a few Trillion dollar coins? Just a single coin would increase GDP from $15T to $16T, an increase of uhh uhh something like 10 Percent? I don't have the exact numbers on me at the moment because I deleted the calculator app from my Smartphone to free up some space so I could download the Find a Gun Owner app.

Let me be clear

Although the election was held in November my Inauguration will not occur until later this month. Therefore any poor performance of the economy in 2012 Q4 is the fault of the previous administraaaaaaaaa. Oh wait, nevermind.

My fellow Americans, we must put these racist statistics behind us and move Forward!© Imagine the increase in GDP upon the minting of a few Trillion dollar coins? Just a single coin would increase GDP from $15T to $16T, an increase of uhh uhh something like 10 Percent? I don't have the exact numbers on me at the moment because I deleted the calculator app from my Smartphone to free up some space so I could download the Find a Gun Owner app.

but you sound just like the other fake POTUS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Uhhh..what part of "compared to a year ago" don't you understand? Currently averaging $3.52, up 4 cents from last year. I'll do the work for you 3rd....I mean magox, it's an increase of 1.15% over last year. Yup, better tell the Fed to put the brakes on....

Uhhh..what part of "compared to a year ago" don't you understand? Currently averaging $3.52, up 4 cents from last year. I'll do the work for you 3rd....I mean magox, it's an increase of 1.15% over last year. Yup, better tell the Fed to put the brakes on....

That sure works better than "compared to four years ago," but who's counting, really...

Oh, you want to play this shallow game? Sure, if the shoe fits

So the price of RBOB gasoline on the NYMEX back on March 18th of 2009 the beginning of QE was at 1.36 a gallon. Today it trades north of 3 a gallon.

it's an increase of 127% in less than 4 years professor dingbat. Yup, better tell the Fed to put the metal on the pedal. http://futures.tradi...com/chart/RB_/M

Now of course, if you wanted to take a more intellectually honest approach, which you don't, you would factor in other variables such as relative growth. How can it be that last year, 2012, GDP for the first quarter of the year posted it's highest number since Obama took office, posting a 4.1% GDP. Yet this year, we are flat lining, and the price of gasoline is higher today than last year? http://www.tradingec...ates/gdp-growth

Not to mention Global growth is markedly slower today than it was in the first quarter of last year. http://www.economist...focus-world-gdp

How can it be possible that the price of gasoline is higher today, with a considerably weaker domestic and global economy?

If growth is much slower, how can gasoline prices be higher without any supply disruptions?

So how can that be Professor Dingbat?

Think long and hard before you respond, would hate to see you get embarrassed again.

Edited by Magox

Let's see, you start by posting something on gas prices which have seen a two week run up of 17 cents, which makes them 4 cents higher than a year ago, which is barely over a 1% increase from last year Now you go back to the trough of gas prices to justify some idiotic remark about inflation related to the two-week run up in prices, and I'm the dingbat? Keep trying to justify your idiotic attempt to use a two week trend to support the idea that inflation is a threat. Btw, the recent run up fits the argument I've made for that past 4 years.

You just can't admit you started this with something so stupid.

Oh, you want to play this shallow game? Sure, if the shoe fits

So the price of RBOB gasoline on the NYMEX back on March 18th of 2009 the beginning of QE was at 1.36 a gallon. Today it trades north of 3 a gallon.

it's an increase of 127% in less than 4 years professor dingbat. Yup, better tell the Fed to put the metal on the pedal. http://futures.tradi...com/chart/RB_/M

Now of course, if you wanted to take a more intellectually honest approach, which you don't, you would factor in other variables such as relative growth. How can it be that last year, 2012, GDP for the first quarter of the year posted it's highest number since Obama took office, posting a 4.1% GDP. Yet this year, we are flat lining, and the price of gasoline is higher today than last year? http://www.tradingec...ates/gdp-growth

Not to mention Global growth is markedly slower today than it was in the first quarter of last year. http://www.economist...focus-world-gdp

How can it be possible that the price of gasoline is higher today, with a considerably weaker domestic and global economy?

If growth is much slower, how can gasoline prices be higher without any supply disruptions?

So how can that be Professor Dingbat?

Think long and hard before you respond, would hate to see you get embarrassed again.

The answer to your question lies in the BRIC countries of (Brazil, Russia, India & China).

Global demand for oil is trending upward.

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/regional-benchmarking-of-crude-oil-industry-2011-2020-bric-countries-and-us-december-2011-138919574.html

Let's see, you start by posting something on gas prices which have seen a two week run up of 17 cents, which makes them 4 cents higher than a year ago, which is barely over a 1% increase from last year Now you go back to the trough of gas prices to justify some idiotic remark about inflation related to the two-week run up in prices, and I'm the dingbat?

Yes, you are the dingbat.

Specially considering that you STILL aren't able to grasp the growth relativity argument that I made, which has EVERYTHING to do with the point I made.

You at times can be pretty damn dense. Take a deep breath, re read what I wrote, let it digest a bit, and then get back to me.

The answer to your question lies in the BRIC countries of (Brazil, Russia, India & China).

Global demand for oil is trending upward.

http://m.prnewswire....-138919574.html

You would have a point if that article was Feb. 2013, but since you posted one from Feb. 2012, which shows strong growth UP TO that point. However, Demand for oil globally the past year, has flat lined.

You must have missed this part from my post

:doh:

Edited by Magox

Iranian oil production is in decline due to various sanctions (sells, banks, currency, spare parts, insurance for tankers, etc etc) - Libya oil production is still not up to pre-war levels- but generally speaking rapid spikes in pump price usually have to due with refinery issues and or financial speculation.