Inflation

TPS

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are an idiot. Yes, the French occupying the industrial region and a general strike paralyzing the economy had nothing to do with it...you fool. Tom thinks you are right, so you should be proud

The occupation of the Ruhr and general strike resulting therein were consequences of the hyperinflation of the paper Mark, not causes. You !@#$ing dipshit.

The occupation of the Ruhr and general strike resulting therein were consequences of the hyperinflation of the paper Mark, not causes. You !@#$ing dipshit.

No you are stupid, the point is still valid, we face no political paralysis over having to pay reparations which caused hype inflation, you are a total low life for even defending that parasite making that argument.

Did you see inflation fell in November?

No you are stupid, the point is still valid, we face no political paralysis over having to pay reparations which caused hype inflation, you are a total low life for even defending that parasite making that argument.

Did you see inflation fell in November?

You are truely one of God's special creatures.

I'll present two circumstances:

The son of a wealthy man is asked, at the age of five, to answer a simple mathematical problem (1+1=a solve for a) in order to be given the keys to his family legacy. If he achieves this by the age of 50, he'll receive a multi-billion dollar fortune.

A mute, blind, deaf sub-Saharan African infant with AIDS has a gun put to her head on the day of her birth and a demand is made of her to answer a math problem (1+1=a solve for a) or she will be executed on the spot.

The answer, regardless of the circumstance causing the need to solve the problem, is the same.

The reason we have to do math has nothing at all to do with the outcome of the math problem.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The politics that caused the economic situation is irrelevant to the existance of the economic situation. Regardless of the cause, the government's gold was depleted. In response, the German Government attempted to buy foreign currency with German currency, but this caused the Mark to rapidly decline in value, greatly increasing the number of Marks needed to buy foreign currencies. This caused the price of goods to spike, increasing the cost of operating the government which could not be financed by raising taxes (again, the reason for this inability to finance the cost of the public sector with taxes is irrelevant to a discussion about the inability to do so.). The resulting budget deficit rapidly increased and was financed by the German central bank creating more money. When the German people realized that their money was rapidly losing value, they tried to spend it quickly, increasing the velocity of money, which in turn caused still more inflation, which created a vicious cycle.

You must've written Wiki's bit on this, since you claim to be a student of history...
With its gold depleted, the German government attempted to buy foreign currency with German currency,[9] but this caused the German Mark to fall rapidly in value, which greatly increased the number of Marks needed to buy more foreign currency. This caused German prices of goods to rise rapidly which increased the cost of operating the German government which could not be financed by raising taxes. The resulting budget deficit increased rapidly and was financed by the central bank creating more money. When the German people realized that their money was rapidly losing value, they tried to spend it quickly. This increase in monetary velocity caused still more rapid increase in prices which created a vicious cycle.
They didn't provide an explanation either.

Economic history, and yes, I've collaborated on several Wiki articles as well as having contributed to a few scholarly works.

List your issues with the work.

The issue is with your logic, or lack thereof. You are saying the "thing" that caused an other "thing" is irrelevant to a discussion about that other thing? How can you understand the hyperinflation in Germany if you don't discuss the causes, both economic and political? Why couldn't the government raise taxes? What were the politics that caused the economic situation? These are "things" that allowed the situation to occur, so you'd think that you'd want to understand those priors?

This does help me understand why you don't understand the current non-inflationary situation in the US.

Gas prices are near records for this time of the year, food prices set to soar, tuitions continuing to rise at ridiculous levels, health insurance premiums still rising rapidly.. But The CPI says there is nothing to worry about. So, just forget about what it is that you actually spend some of your money on and go by the CPI

Gas prices are near records for this time of the year, food prices set to soar, tuitions continuing to rise at ridiculous levels, health insurance premiums still rising rapidly.. But The CPI says there is nothing to worry about. So, just forget about what it is that you actually spend some of your money on and go by the CPI

And the price of hot air is cheap...

My radio tells me that gas prices are at a yearly low; my newspaper says the drought and ethanol demand have caused food prices to increase; my right wing friends here at ppp tell me obamacare is increasing the cost of medical care, and that tuition is driven by over-paid tenured, liberal professors.... Merry Christmas M.

My radio tells me that gas prices are at a yearly low; my newspaper says the drought and ethanol demand have caused food prices to increase; my right wing friends here at ppp tell me obamacare is increasing the cost of medical care, and that tuition is driven by over-paid tenured, liberal professors.... Merry Christmas M.

Yes that is a huge problem :P

Joyeux Noel

Nevermind trendlines, they don't matter.

Merry Christmas to you too

-I've argued that exact point about commodity speculation...uh...demand.

:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Ah Peter Schift. The god father of fiscal austerity & elimination of the Fed. Gotta live the Austrian school of economics.

Yes, it's not like he doesn't have a vested interest in "proving" he's right about inflation.

Here's an article that's a bit more objective:

http://www.moneynews.com/Economy/CPI-Conspiracy-inflation-economy/2012/04/19/id/436430

Btw, I would agree with the camp that says there is some downward bias, but not to the extent that our austrian friends here believe.

Yes, it's not like he doesn't have a vested interest in "proving" he's right about inflation.

http://www.moneynews...04/19/id/436430

Btw, I would agree with the camp that says there is some downward bias, but not to the extent that our austrian friends here believe.

You're an absolute fraud if you hold to this, while at the same time denying that you yourself are one of many having vested interests, perpetuating a lie using your tortured and dieing school as an ever weakening shield.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You're an absolute fraud if you hold to this, while at the same time denying that you yourself are one of many having vested interests, perpetuating a lie using your tortured and dieing school as an ever weakening shield.

Blah, blah, blah...more rhetoric...blah, blah, blah...

You think I'm a supply-sider (whatever your definition of that is?), so if that's the dieing school of which you speak, I agree...

http://www.moneynews...04/19/id/436430

Typical, rather than argue the merits of the substance of the points he made, you come out with a non sequitur .

I've got news for you, just about everyone has a vested interest in whatever it is that they are doing. :lol:

And in regards to whats more objective, it's only more objective to you, because it comes from many of the same people who have like-minded views that you espouse.

Typical, rather than argue the merits of the substance of the points he made, you come out with a non sequitur .

I've got news for you, just about everyone has a vested interest in whatever it is that they are doing. :lol:

And in regards to whats more objective, it's only more objective to you, because it comes from many of the same people who have like-minded views that you espouse.

I responded to some of them in the other thread. Though, me responding to Schift's arguments would be no differnet than posting Krugman's views for you (which is why I did in the other thread) as I know exactly how you would respond to that as well.

Yes, we all have our own biases.