The "Fire Chan Gailey Now!" petition.

RogerNapalm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE, PASS ME THAT MOTHERF****G PEN!

You look at all the new coaches orchestrating re-builds while still getting good value out of the players they have.

Then you look at all the coaches who took rookie QB's and are now headed for the playoffs.

Then you think about the 4-12 season authored by Gailey, followed by the 6-10 season authored by Gailey.

Then you think about the fact that he's 3-12 against Divisional rivals since taking the job.

THEN you look at the five-win disaster that is the 2012 Buffalo Bills, and you wonder why nobody is being held accountable.

Then you do this :wallbash:

Then you put on one of these. :bag:

Bottom line - a good coach could have won 10 games this year with this team, or more.

There are good coaches out there who would take this job. It is a matter of whether Nix and Ralph (or Ralph's puppet masters) are willing to shell out the money, or hand over the necessary control, to lure such a candidate. If we have the same staff in place next year it will be because the Bills top decision makers aren't as concerned about winning as they are about just riding out the stadium lease with as little friction as possible.

I, personally, don't think it is all about money with Ralph. I think he'd spend the money. I think it comes down to control and trust. If Ralph is even making decisions anymore - it might be guys like Overdorf who are reluctant to give up Their control - but, anyway, if Nix wanted to bring in a guy like Marty Schottenheimer, for instance, I think he could.

Fans need to remember, and stop accepting as a rule that a new H.C. automatically means a rebuild. The right H.C. could walk in here and produce a winning team in one offseason. As long as we have it in our heads that firing Chan would automatically set us back a few years, no one wants to do that, even though keeping Chan is almost more certain to ensure losing! Bringing in the right H.C. this offseason COULD put us in contention for the AFC East title! That is really the mindset we need to have.

No. With a new HC comes new systems. And another 3 years of rebuilding before we fire that coach too.

Who are the top prospects out there anyways?

worked for the 9ers.

The problem is we haven't gotten any good HCs. As sad as it is Greg Williams was the best of the Lot and it went downhill from there.

Marv had a real chance to get Mike Sherman who was successful at GB and is now doing well in Miami, but he picked DJ instead who was a horrible HC save for one 13-3 season and that was only bc he had Ted Washington and Keith Traylor in the middle.

Donahoe messed up too as he could have picked John Fox over Grego, just think how much better we would be if we had Fox here all these years. Carolina really messed up by letting him go.

Bruce Arians has been successfull where ever he has been and is now doing a great job as interim HC in Indy and would be the smart choice for us.

Stanford's Dave Shaw. -Anyone?

Would like him too, a little Harbaugh Jr. would be alright by me.

It is unlikely at this point that the coach is capable of doing that.

Blind firing without a better replacement is not going to stop the losing, but rather would contribute to even more losing.

trust us there are better replacements.

For the remainder of this season. I didn't say permanent.

And, yes. I do think that Wanny would make better decisions than Chan at this point. Atleast for the rest of this season.

we need Chan in there to get more losses. fire him the Monday after the season.

Bruce Arians has been successfull where ever he has been and is now doing a great job as interim HC in Indy and would be the smart choice for us.

True... However, he might just be inclined to wait-out the result of Pagano's terrible ordeal. I sounds grim, but I sure wouldn't leave a 9-4 team poised for multiple superbowl runs, for cheap-ass OBD.

Oh, and I like this mock:

1. QB Landry Jones 6'4" 235 Oklahoma 2. WR Denard Robinson 5'11" 195 3. TE Zach Ertz 6'5" 255 Stanford 4. DE John Simon 6'2" 265 Ohio St. 5. OLB Jelani Jenkins 6'0" 230 Florida 6. SS Devonte Hollowman 6'2" 241 S Carolina 7. RB Zach Line 6'0" 230 SMU ; NFL Free Agents : WR Dwayne Bowe 6'2 222 KC, RT Jake Long 6'7" 320 Mia ; UDFA: DT Mike Atkinson 6'0" 315 Boise St. , FS Ray-Ray Armstrong 6'4" 215 Faulkner U

Head Coach - Bruce Arians

I took the liberty of underlining my faves.

It's like some of you don't even care about the culture of winning that Chan is creating here at all. Is there a petition to get Chan a contract extension?

Chan will get another year, and, I guess I can support that decision. He is light years better than Jauron. You all need to think back....to that worse time.

LIGHT YEARS. As long as you don't look at records.