Trade for Kirk Cousins

And i'm not kidding.

I know many of you are excited about drafting a franchise QB and I'm not the guy who jumps on any bandwagon player who played well for a week. In fact, I made a very similar post about Cousins on another message board in August after seeing Cousins play a few games. But this guy has it. He will be a good NFL QB. Send a 1st or 2nd round pick to Washington, let Cousins start the last 3 games in Buffalo, and then roll him into next year as your franchise QB. Ideally, I wouldn't want to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a QB that we could have drafted in the 3rd round either. But the fact of the matter is that some team is going to unload their pockets for Cousins either this off-season or next. I'd rather it be us.

Facing one of the best defenses in the NFL, Cousins stepped into the game down by a TD and without taking a single snap in weeks. His first pass hit his target with pinpoint accuracy for 15 yards. His second pass nailed a covered Garcon for an 11 yard Touchdown. The very next play he completes the two point conversion. When Griffin went down against the Bears, Cousins stepped in and tossed a beautiful 75 yard TD to Santana Moss. Once again, cold off the bench, without taking a snap in weeks. In the pre-season, he torched Chicago for 270 yards and 3 TD's.

This is not a strong QB draft. There are a bunch of boom or bust QB's - we can't take that risk. It's been over a decade. Let the Jacksonville's and Chiefs of the world draft a QB every couple of years crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

A film junkie who played in a Pro offense in college and rarely takes a sack? A proven winner from a power conference? Yes please. Get him on the next plane.

Edited: Forgot about trade deadline. Thanks Numark.

Edited by LiterateStylish

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i'm not kidding.

I know many of you are excited about drafting a franchise QB and I'm not the guy who jumps on any bandwagon player who played well for a week. In fact, I made a very similar post about Cousins on another message board in August after seeing Cousins play a few games. But this guy has it. He will be a good NFL QB. Send a 1st or 2nd round pick to Washington, let Cousins start the last 3 games in Buffalo, and then roll him into next year as your franchise QB. Ideally, I wouldn't want to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a QB that we could have drafted in the 3rd round either. But the fact of the matter is that some team is going to unload their pockets for Cousins either this off-season or next. I'd rather it be us.

Facing one of the best defenses in the NFL, Cousins stepped into the game down by a TD and without taking a single snap in weeks. His first pass hit his target with pinpoint accuracy for 15 yards. His second pass nailed a covered Garcon for an 11 yard Touchdown. The very next play he completes the two point conversion. When Griffin went down against the Bears, Cousins stepped in and tossed a beautiful 75 yard TD to Santana Moss. Once again, cold off the bench, without taking a snap in weeks. In the pre-season, he torched Chicago for 270 yards and 3 TD's.

This is not a strong QB draft. There are a bunch of boom or bust QB's - we can't take that risk. It's been over a decade. Let the Jacksonville's and Chiefs of the world draft a QB every couple of years crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

A film junkie who played in a Pro offense in college and rarely takes a sack? A proven winner from a power conference? Yes please. Get him on the next plane.

As others have noted, the deadline has passed. That being said, I'd be far more comfortable trading a 3rd or 4th for Cousins than taking any of the QBs in the draft with our first or second rounder, unless our scouts really feel confident in someone.

As others have noted, the deadline has passed. That being said, I'd be far more comfortable trading a 3rd or 4th for Cousins than taking any of the QBs in the draft with our first or second rounder, unless our scouts really feel confident in someone.

Now why would Washington take that, if they liked him at all.

With an injury waiting to happen at QB1, they need a backup. Take him with a pick at the top of the 4th then trade him for the same?

Now why would Washington take that, if they liked him at all.

With an injury waiting to happen at QB1, they need a backup. Take him with a pick at the top of the 4th then trade him for the same?

You're right that they wouldn't take a fourth rounder for Cousins, given where they took him and RG3's dangerous playing style. That being said, with their lack of draft picks, I can see them taking an early third rounder.

This isn't Madden 2013 because I want to trade for a backup QB with potential?

I would understand if I said to trade for Calvin Johnson. But your comment makes no sense considering what I actually did say.

whatever loser..