massively outcoached today w/regard to game management

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it surprise anyone that Fisher would outcoach Gailey?

This ^^^^ Gaily could be outcoached by a HC coach. This and the fact that our O-line is down two key starters was the reason I picked the Rams to win this game.

Chan explained that Fitz is not allowed to check out of a running play...

if this is true, this is the scariest, saddest thing i have heard. postgame presser maybe? i didnt hear it...

Edited by Zona

And one that's not afraid to take a few chances.

By taking chances, I assume you mean giving the ball to your best player?

This ^^^^ Gaily could be outcoached by a HC coach. This and the fact that our O-line is down two key starters was the reason I picked the Rams to win this game.

Yet the Bills were in a position to win today.

Chan explained that Fitz is not allowed to check out of a running play...

He actually said that?

Chan's offense is fine until it hits the red zone; then it wilts (partly because we have no QB), but mainly because Chan is afraid to gamble. Just wants to kick safe FGs from 35 yards. Loves to go into halftime winning 6-0. Punts anytime the FG is 50 yards or more. He is just a scared old man playing against aggressive young coaches.

His DC is just the same. Refuses to blitz, afraid of letting his CBs get burned. Plating not to lose.

Did you see what Fisher did in the final minute when Fitz dropped back? He sent the house and sacked him immediately. Wannstedt would never have done that.

The Buffalo Bills are afraid to win.

Not exactly news to anyone, but still needs to be said.

I don't think he is afraid to gamble, you should not gamble in the red zone and he should not have too. I think the problem is he does not use his best players.

Was Spiller even in on any red zone plays today?

Was that Tashard Choice with the ball on the second last drive, the one were we needed a drive with two or three first downs to ice the game?

Chan coaches like a guy who has never seen his team play before.

Edited by Bob in STL

Agree 100%.

You said everything I wanted to say to a tee.

The only thing I'll add is this:

1) This team has taken on the personna of its head coach 100%. An absolute play it safe, play not to lose, scared attitude.

2) A coach that can't get one of the more dynamic back more than an average of 11 touches a game. It just makes me absolutely sick. Freddys fumble cost us big, but thats what Chan likes, apparentyl, he prefers Freddy out there over Spiller and I can't figure it out.

Just listened to his presser and its scary.

To make matters worse....the Steelers and Bengals were both upset in their own buildings, and had we found a way to win we woulda been 1 game out with 3 to go. An important December game woulda been nice, but with /chan at the helm its not meant to be. The dude is just an absolute loser.

This is the ultimate insult of today's game. Did the Bills not know that they still had a chance, albeit a long shot, to make the playoffs?

Where was the urgency today? Because I sure as hell did not see it at the end of the first half, when the Bills settled for the FG instead of trying for a TD. We all saw what the Bills did on offense with over six minutes to go in the 4th quarter, so I won't even discuss that.

Those two moments in today's game have done it for me. I've had enough of Chan Gailey as head coach.

This team is much better than 5-8. I'm not saying they are a Super Bowl team, but they are good enough to get a wild card, and if Gailey can't get this team to that point, then enough is enough.

Fire Gailey! At this point, what does it matter?

To clarify, I didn't hear him say it. I read somewhere (cannot remember now) that he said it. Could've been BS, I guess. :(

Alright. Even if he didn't say it, I have seen enough. There is enough talent on this team to get at least a wild card, and Gailey can not pull that off. He needs to go.

I don't think he is afraid to gamble, you should not gamble in the red zone and he should not have too. I think the problem is he does not use his best players.

Was Spiller even in on any red zone plays today?

Was that Tashard Choice with the ball on the second last drive, the one were we needed a drive with two or three first downs to ice the game?

Chan coaches like a guy who has never seen his team play before.

i noticed all these points today as well. my neck hurts from shaking my head so much today. in the beginning of chan's carreer as bills hc, i thought he was getting the most of his talent and as time has passed it seems like he is missusing the talent that they have been building on this roster. also, situational playcalling and clock management are really ugly these days. very unfortunate because as a person i think he is very relateable and likeable.

Hi, this is Jeanbe's sister posting....she is too winded to post after typing twenty five words on facebook....plus it' my turn to post.

What an unbelievably BAD coaching job. I love Freddie and think he needs his touches but neither back got the touches they needed.

I still can't over a coach saying a professional athlete was "winded". IF CJ was I'm sure he'd take himself out for the betterment of the team as would Fred. Coaching not to lose only means you lose.

I do think he's a smart coordinator. Being a good coach means being a good game manager, and unfortunately he isn't one.

Chan is a good play designer. being an O coordinator involves running these plays in the right situations. He doesn't have that ability.

So his proper job would be something beneath offensive coordinator. He is a horrible head coach.

The game was over in the last series in the first half. That's when they went into a shell.

another horrific display of clock management.

They cost themselves 1 or 2 offensive chances. Not only that, they called the TO with 9 seconds left allowing Saint Louis a KO return attempt.

What is going on?