Chan NOT the man for the job going forward.

Its Freds turn!!?? What a !@#$ing idiot! Its a team game!! You do whats best for your team!!!

Now its Freds turn alright! His turn to be on IR!

Any coach who says "i was scared" on a football field should be let go immediately!!!

I want a coach to stand up and say....yea, i chose to kick a FG cause i have faith in my players!

I agree it was stupid to say it was "Freds Turn"

Now a days, some coaches bench their RB if they fumble. Especially in the redzone!

CBF

So, our coach openly admits he had no idea how far a FG would have been and blows a crucial time out, yet he's into the game enough that he doesn't like what he sees from his most electrifying player? You cannot be serious.

Hey, at least he wears a headset right? lol

CBF

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills tried this in the early 2000s. First with Gregg Williams who was a hot up and coming assistant. Then they went Mike Mularkey. Neither of these worked out. It's not the age of the coach, it's just which young, innovative assistant and which recycled, old codger we're talking about here.

The bad game time decisions are one thing. The not running CJ or Fred enough, the bomb on 3rd and 12 with Fitz throwing to Graham, and all that are one thing. The other is that the team keeps losing games by playing really well for large parts of the game only to blow it in a few key spots. Today of course was the penalty on the pick 6, the alligator arm drop on 3rd down, letting that dude get so open on 4th down on the last drive, George Wilson dropping a pick, Fred fumbling (gheez, there's more than I thought!), giving up a late TD, botching the extra point. The game was winnable but a few big mistakes blew it. That's coaching. Why aren't these guys ready to play?

I'm really close to jumping off the Coach Gailey band wagon all together.

I cannot even imagine starting over again with all new coaches, going back to the 3-4 and having all the wrong players for it, etc etc etc....and then stinking it up on defense all over again with 4-3 guys trying to play 3-4.. ... gosh its painful to think about, but hey, thats the Bills. Every three years, blow it up and start from scratch. And keep losing. Too much turnover. We will never get there.

His record is 15-30. Again, Gailey has beaten only ONE team that has finished the season with a winning record (NE). So he's only been able to beat losers 14 times. The guy is out of his weight class. Admits to coaching scared.

Losers lose, time for him to go. The city and the fans deserve better.

This city and fans deserve nothing. Buffalo is not remotely qualified to be an NFL franchise city anymore. Be glad you have what you have. When Ralph is gone , you'll see what I mean. Big money will come in and take this team away in a heartbeat.

This city and fans deserve nothing. Buffalo is not remotely qualified to be an NFL franchise city anymore. Be glad you have what you have. When Ralph is gone , you'll see what I mean. Big money will come in and take this team away in a heartbeat.

I disagree. I don't live there anymore, but Bills fans and taxpayers have wasted too much of their hard earned money with nothing to show for it (they're being swindled year after year).

I’m surprised none of you have brought up the fact that Chan should have gone for 2 after our TD to try and make it 14-7. That one baffled me. I really thought that Chan would have learned from losing by 1 to the Titans after electing to not go for 2. Ticked me off even more that we then don’t even get the 1. For a coach who calls an aggressive game plan with all the passing, he sure wusses out when it comes to putting points on the board.

I disagree. I don't live there anymore, but Bills fans and taxpayers have wasted too much of their hard earned money with nothing to show for it (they're being swindled year after year).

couildn't agree more. what wilson is selling is akin to the chinese selling tainted dog food.

I’m surprised none of you have brought up the fact that Chan should have gone for 2 after our TD to try and make it 14-7. That one baffled me. I really thought that Chan would have learned from losing by 1 to the Titans after electing to not go for 2. Ticked me off even more that we then don’t even get the 1. For a coach who calls an aggressive game plan with all the passing, he sure wusses out when it comes to putting points on the board.

doubt it ever crossed his mind. and it's obvious he doesn't carry a card to tell him when to go for 2 on gameday. guess he thinks he's too smart for that.

Not Gailey's best moment for sure. I can't understand how he doesn't get the Spiller issue......I guess he has to go....I am regretful, since I think the team is better thna anytime in the Jauron era. I guess his fault is picking his people and sticking with them, even when they don't do the job........needed to get Spiller 20 touches, and then, if they lost, I could say he gave it a good shot. Spiller with single digit touches means a new head coach. The current one is a slave to his preconcieved notion of how things are.

Chan is giving the team better position in each draft. He can't help it if Nix picks wrong. With good position in the last 12 drafts we should have a excellent team by now. The problem is wrong draft picks, poor trades, letting our good free agents walk away.

Here is the actual quote: "He had two good runs in that first drive, he gets winded and he comes out." It's not at all clear that it was Chan's decision to pull the guy out of the game. What he actually said implies the opposite. Perhaps Chan is annoyed that the guy won't voluntarily stay on the field and has decided to give guys that are more interested the work?

As HC you have the power to send Spiller right back on the field. How is Spiller gonna get in game shape if he is ALLOWED to come out??

This is what bugs me the most about Gailey. That he doesn't keep Spiller in there. He is the HC. Act like it. OMG . I cant believe Chan lets a first round draft choice choose when he plays. All coach has to say is "Kid you come out when I tell you to come out." End of story.

I dont think it takes 9 pages to determine the HC spot needs an upgrade, that's a given. But Ive seen 9 pages of complaining, and not a single suggestion as to who the Bills should hire.

Any reasonable ideas or suggestions?

Or is this just a venting thread?

Edited by DrDareustein

I dont think it takes 9 pages to determine the HC spot needs an upgrade, that's a given. But Ive seen 9 pages of complaining, and not a single suggestion as to who the Bills should hire.

Any reasonable ideas or suggestions?

Or is this just a venting thread?

Ralph has to fire Chan today. Let Wanny be interm HC. Let OC Modkins ( or they say he is a corinator) run the offense.

Let Doug Wailey run the football side as soon as the season ends. Keep Buddy as an advisor until after the draft.. Let Wailey pick his own QB. Let him move up in the draft whatever it takes to get a QB that can win right now out of College.

Who that QB is I don't know but if we came back with Fitz and Gailey next yr Russ is not going to be able to fill those seats.

Chan was nothing special the day he was hired. He has done nothing much to improve the team. The team we have now is not better than the team Jauron left us with, and Chan's record is worse than the Jauron record. He ain't even gonna get the nine wins that would justify his staying.

Chan...this team would be better off without you.

The offense did improve from the crap that Jauron ran here. However, it did not improve enough for this team to compete for a slot in the Post season.

Ralph has to fire Chan today. Let Wanny be interm HC. Let OC Modkins ( or they say he is a corinator) run the offense.

Let Doug Wailey run the football side as soon as the season ends. Keep Buddy as an advisor until after the draft.. Let Wailey pick his own QB. Let him move up in the draft whatever it takes to get a QB that can win right now out of College.

Who that QB is I don't know but if we came back with Fitz and Gailey next yr Russ is not going to be able to fill those seats.

Still no answer or even suggestion as to who moves into our HC spot...

Not trying to be a dick, but we cant just say "FIRE HIM!" without a real replacement in mind. Im not defending Gailey in any way. Just dont want to see us taking 2 steps backwards just to make a change.

Still no answer or even suggestion as to who moves into our HC spot...

Not trying to be a dick, but we cant just say "FIRE HIM!" without a real replacement in mind. Im not defending Gailey in any way. Just dont want to see us taking 2 steps backwards just to make a change.

At this point doctor D, I say put anyone there. Hell I say put Modkins there and move Lee to OC. Let Wanny stay as asst HC and DC. I don't care what they do but at least show the players that there is hope. Chan has lost this team, Stevie looks disinterested, CJ can't be happy and Lindell doesn't seem happy either.... And these are just the ones we can speculate on. I can't imagine the locker room is still behind this guy. Anyone with a set of eyes can see this team would be better off with another HC