Showcasing Jackson

Luxy312

I don't know if anyone feels similar, but after telling the media a few weeks ago that Spiller was the starter and saying that he would get around 60% of the workload as such, Gailey comes out and runs the heck out of Fred Jackson. Does anyone see this as a potential opportunity to shop Fred Jackson after the season is over?

No. Not at all. I see it as the exact reason Jackson is just as valuable to this team as CJ. He is getting back in stride now. It'll be amazing how the next 4 weeks play out.

to just have CJ, we are not that good. We cannot dare teams forcing them to stop the run. The run is all we have. They will stack the box like NE

No reason to trade Jackson. Yesterday was the most inspired bit of adjustment from Chan all season. Freddy was running downhill on the slick field and it was working, so Chan actually went with him. Then CJ came in well rested and warm and hit the home run.

No reason to trade Jackson. Yesterday was the most inspired bit of adjustment from Chan all season. Freddy was running downhill on the slick field and it was working, so Chan actually went with him. Then CJ came in well rested and warm and hit the home run.

yep. Fred needs at bats to get the RBI's. CJ needs the at bats to get home runs.

No. Not at all. I see it as the exact reason Jackson is just as valuable to this team as CJ. He is getting back in stride now. It'll be amazing how the next 4 weeks play out.

to just have CJ, we are not that good. We cannot dare teams forcing them to stop the run. The run is all we have. They will stack the box like NE

Have you come to the light? Have you bought your ticket for the Fitzgarbage train or are you just looking at the prices lol...

I think he was just going with the hot hand. Spiller at one point had 11 carries for 33 yards. Jax came in and reminded us why Spiller was kept on the bench the last two years. He was great yesterday and wore them down to win the game.

Ya, except at the half when you noticed those stats, Fred was also in the 2 YPC range. Chan just F@&KS Freddy and hates CJ.

So they trade jackson and replace him with what? Choice?

Very few teams play with only one decent/good RB these days, teams now have 2-3 good RBs to run the ball on offence

right about that one. As much of an advocate of CH I've been for the past 1 1/2 seasons, even I know we need to keep Freddy. I just wish the game plan would have at least been more level yesterday between the backs. 18 each sounds about right.

Either way, even if we were to trade Freddy, who in their right mind would give up anything for a RB that's past 30 years old, coming off 3 straight seasons of being injured at times, and under a rather large contract considering age.

Not a big market for a 31 year old RB who can't stay healthy. Green Bay has been a running back away from winning another Super Bowl. The only possible time to trade him was in the last off-season.

But he's good in the locker room-something only losing teams care about.

Not a big market for a 31 year old RB who can't stay healthy. Green Bay has been a running back away from winning another Super Bowl. The only possible time to trade him was in the last off-season.

That and a pass defense that doesn't suck.

I think even Arian Foster would have some problems running behind a porous Green Bay OL. Also, as stated by Weo, Green Bay's defense is a big liability. Superbowl is likely not going to be in the picture for Green Bay until they fix these problems.