No Easley on offense,... really?

cage

I didn't see the game, but was reading Bucky Gleason's article this morning. Gailey didn't put Easley into the game after Johnson got hurt, but played Ruvell Martin instead? At this stage I don't think I need to even list the issues with that, so I'll just throw the red meat of the headline to hungry masses.... have at it!

No idea. Jones was out, then Stevie went out, there's Easley activated and on your bench at a home game witha comfortable lead and the running game keeping pressure off your qb.

If they chose to keep Easley out then, he must be written off at this point.

He must suck then. Not worth a snap in a real game. A 55yd KO return couldn't be a spark to see what the kid has? Its a lost season again, he's got to play. What easier way to work him in could there possibly be?

Edited by cage

I didn't see the game, but was reading Bucky Gleason'sarticle this morning. Gailey didn't put Easley into the game after Johnson got hurt, but played Ruvell Martin instead? At this stage I don't think I need to even list the issues with that, so I'll just throw the red meat of the headline to hungry masses.... have at it!

At that point of the game it was RUN RUN RUN. The D played well and the JAGS offense practically only came from Bils penalties.

and the muffed punt / fumble / TD.

At that point of the game it was RUN RUN RUN. The D played well and the JAGS offense practically only came from Bils penalties.

and the muffed punt / fumble / TD.

I would love to see the guy put on the field and start getting some chances. We had 2 seasons of b*tchin about Spiller before he became everyone's hero

Hey, I'd love to see / evaluate young talent like Easly too. But as I said. there was little reason to pass that late in the game. 1 INT was enough.

Yeah, But the FANS have to know what the Bills have in Easley! It doesn't matter that the coaches know what they have and see him in practice all week, THE FANS NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!

In a game where tehy finally do what the fans have been b*tchin, screaming, and crying for all season (run the ball more), they complain because they didn't put Easley in to run around on the field while they hand the ball off, or they should start throwing just so they can see what they have in a player during garbage time? What more will they learn from garbage time of a game against a 2 win team that they can't find out in practice or didn't see during preseason?

Clearly, Ruvell Martin has pictures of somebody. There is no other explanation. I'd rather see a street FA in there who we don't know what he does. Martin is known and is not any part of the answer at WR.

I throw out another thesis about why we didn't see Easley. The run game was the plan, Bills were ahead, conditions were bad for the throwing game and so, the principle job of the WR's at that point was to block for the running game. I think that ruvell Martin is better fodder for that kind of situation, at least right now. Easley will still get his chance this season, I hope. I just think Chan was saving Easley for a better situation. Why get him hurt again blocking lb's ...time for that later...need to find out if he is a receiver. Based on the preseason return for a TD, and the really good return yesterday, we see he has some skills. If he can play receiver, we can use him.

I understand that you (and I) would have liked to see Easley, but I don't see anything wrong with not playing him on offense yesterday. So, Ruvell Martin got snaps? Maybe he deserves them.

The Bills obviously like Easley. They've given him several chances and whether or not he gets to play on offense this year (I think he will) he'll get a chance in next year's preseason. I really don't see the big deal here and would love you to list all the issues with not playing him on offense.

I understand that you (and I) would have liked to see Easley, but I don't see anything wrong with not playing him on offense yesterday. So, Ruvell Martin got snaps? Maybe he deserves them.

The Bills obviously like Easley. They've given him several chances and whether or not he gets to play on offense this year (I think he will) he'll get a chance in next year's preseason. I really don't see the big deal here and would love you to list all the issues with not playing him on offense.

1. We the Fans have not seen him in actual game action and have to know what we have in him so we can determine if he is a bust or if we can blame Gailey/Nix for not being able to recognize his greatness sooner

....That pretty much is it

1. We the Fans have not seen him in actual game action and have to know what we have in him so we can determine if he is a bust or if we can blame Gailey/Nix for not being able to recognize his greatness sooner

....That pretty much is it

couldnt had said it better. Oh wait. If you substitute "we the fans" with Mrags. That should pretty much do it.

With the run game being the focus, Martin was in there to help with the blocking. The run game worked so you can't argue with success in this case. If the Bills have the throw the ball, I don't want to see martin within 10 yards of the field of play - in fact the locker room is too close.

Clearly, when healthy Donald Jones should be a teams 4th, 5th or 6th receiver if he can make the roster. He is not and never should be a number 2. Easley can develop into a number two guy. Play Easley. Easley reminds me of McKelvin, confidence from special teams rolls over to his primary position. Easley now knows he can play in this league. The team simply has to play him. Please.

couldnt had said it better. Oh wait. If you substitute "we the fans" with Mrags. That should pretty much do it.

We the fans know when to kick a 51 yard FG in a dome. We the fans know that you have to give CJ the ball more often. We the fans know when to go for two against Tennessee. We the fans know the obvious thing is to play Easley so we can praise ourselves for being right about one more obvious thing or run the guy out of town for not living up to our expectations.

We the fans know when to kick a 51 yard FG in a dome. We the fans know that you have to give CJ the ball more often. We the fans know when to go for two against Tennessee. We the fans know the obvious thing is to play Easley so we can praise ourselves for being right about one more obvious thing or run the guy out of town for not living up to our expectations.

You didn't understand my joke obviously.

Damn lack of sarcasm font.