Random Bills fact of the day...

cantankerous

I will try a do better. The NFL Scheduling committee puts no time and effort into the schedule. The schedule should move the division games starting after the bye week and at least play both teams that have had bye's in the same week. The should more evenly distribute home and away games. To have the bills play the Jets in week 1 and then week 17 is just stupid scheduling. High Schools do a better Job and space division games equally among themselves then rotate. Having played New England twice so early should have been more spread out as well. If I was Scheduling I would put cross conference games early in the season, start Division games after week 6 and have inter conference games between the division games. Making the more important games later in the year and the less important games earlier. That way as the season progresses the more important games are at the end of the season. They should also try and alternate home and away every other week. high schools manage a schedule this way and they have sometime 4 team using a gym during the same season you would think the NFL could figure it out.

The Bills are the only team in the NFL that have played only 4 games at home. All others have played at least 5 home games by now.

No other team has played 7 road games either.

That is all.

Is the Toronto game included in the 4 or is that 5?

Chan, defense, offense...done

Is the Toronto game included in the 4 or is that 5?

Chan, defense, offense...done

ask agin in a few weeks.

Away or at home good teams find a way to win. The PLAY 60 meme should apply to the Bills players!!

ahh the bye weeks. Like facing the Pautrids year after year after their bye week.

Will they ever consider all 3 conference games to start and finish each year?

I will try a do better. The NFL Scheduling committee puts no time and effort into the schedule. The schedule should move the division games starting after the bye week and at least play both teams that have had bye's in the same week. The should more evenly distribute home and away games. To have the bills play the Jets in week 1 and then week 17 is just stupid scheduling. High Schools do a better Job and space division games equally among themselves then rotate. Having played New England twice so early should have been more spread out as well. If I was Scheduling I would put cross conference games early in the season, start Division games after week 6 and have inter conference games between the division games. Making the more important games later in the year and the less important games earlier. That way as the season progresses the more important games are at the end of the season. They should also try and alternate home and away every other week. high schools manage a schedule this way and they have sometime 4 team using a gym during the same season you would think the NFL could figure it out.

Well NFL stadiums are never used for college sports or high school games, concerts or anything like that. Its only NFL football each week, so it should be a breeze

Eyes got me a feeling ole Captain was being sarcastic :thumbsup:

But I would like to see if possible all Thursday night games played between teams coming off byes, think Simmons did a great article on this will look and try to link.

Here is the relevant thought and link

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8524001/a-hierarchy-hypocrites

Of course, if Goodell genuinely cared about the welfare of his players (he doesn't) AND wanted to make money (he does), then he'd push for an 18-week schedule that included the following four wrinkles:

1. Fourteen Thursday-night games total (including Thanksgiving). When you include the two Thanksgiving day games as well, that means every team would play once on Thursday and that's it.

2. Nobody would be allowed to play a Thursday game within 10 days of another game either way. So if the Niners and Seahawks played last night, they couldn't play on the Sunday before that game. And that would count as one of their byes. Instead of playing two games in 100 hours, you'd play one Thursday game within a 19-day cocoon of practice and rest.

3. Every team gets two bye weeks instead of one, giving us an extra week of football, fantasy football, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football and, of course, gambling. Know how every team looks fresher and crisper after a bye, even when they're being coached by Andy Reid or Norv Turner? That would happen twice, not once. And Thursday night's games wouldn't resemble the last 15 minutes of Rollerball anymore. The overall quality of play would improve, even if our marriages and relationships would be threatened in the process.

Edited by plenzmd1

Its because Ralph is too cheap to want to water the turf when its warm so he asks for early games to be away.

:huh::flirt: that was sacrasm right?

If you beleive the meme. Cold weather favors the running teams.

Until the Bills lose out mathematicaly then you can claim Dec games are meaningless.

Wearing my rose colored glasses hoping for the best. The Bills still have a chance if the cards line up to make a WC.