Sucks to be WGR 550

bobinaz

I would love to hear Howard Simon call Gailey out during one of these Monday morning interviews, but we all know it won't happen since WGR is the Bills flag ship station. In his interviews lately when the team has lossed, you can tell he is biting his tongue. But it would probably cost him his job. I'm sure Schoop and the Bulldog are salivating after each loss to bash the team since they already despise them and grudgingly have to cover the team.

The bad thing about this team is that everyone but Gailey and Nix can see what a crappy job he's doing as head coach, and the crap pile just keeps getting bigger. I would just love to hear someone for once and all just tell Gailey publicly what a lousy job he's doing and point out the shortcomings of his play calling.

Hopefully Nix was being tactfully polite when he said on the air that Gailey's job is safe, but that he's already looking into a new head coach for 2013 along with a franchise QB.

So here's to another December of meaningless games.

No coach can win with Fitzpatrick at QB. Part of me wants to praise Gailey because he's getting the most out of Fitzpatrick, but the other part of me wants to kick Gailey's ass for thinking he could win with this guy. I do think Simon in a "pc" way does question Gailey's decisions while talking to him. He does it this way because he has to.

The Bills losing is WGR's wet dream. When Buffalo teams are winning is when they have nothing to talk about.

As for being the Bills flagship preventing hosts from being critical, I certainly have not noticed that. What bums me is there no longer an alternative to WGR.

PTR

The Bills losing is WGR's wet dream. When Buffalo teams are winning is when they have nothing to talk about.

As for being the Bills flagship preventing hosts from being critical, I certainly have not noticed that. What bums me is there no longer an alternative to WGR.

PTR

The Bills have been bad for a generation. You don't think covering this garbage product gets tiresome for them. What makes it even more challenging for the local commentators is that the franchise is a bore. There is nothing interesting or compelling about this team. You can make the claim that Spiller is a "special" talent but this dorky football organization under utilizes him.

WGR is now the flagship radio station for the team. They have Fitz, Nix, Brandon and Gailey on weekly on the station. What new questions can be asked and what answers can be given for the same old story of losing and ineptitude.

If hockey wasn't locked out of business the Bills would be an afterthought on their own flagship station. And that would be the merciful approach to take for the listerners.

I'm not a Mike Schoop fan. Needless to say he is annoying. His impatience and condenscension toward the callers inspire you to want punch him in his smug face. But one thing I will give him credit for is that he is intolerant of the Bills and its long history of ineptitude. His contemptuous attitude toward this joke franchise is well warranted.

Not one question about a qb change. Not one question about why Jackson can't even dress

Sad

Because they ask this question EVERY week and Chan's answer is always that there is no chance he plays. They raked him over the coals on Spiller, punting instead of field goal, the play calling at the end of the half, punting with 3 minutes left and even made him listen to Stevie's comments about letting Fitz call his own play at the line when need be.

That was no sissy interview. If all you heard was no talk about Tarvaris Jackson, your ears don't work.

I would love to hear Howard Simon call Gailey out during one of these Monday morning interviews, but we all know it won't happen since WGR is the Bills flag ship station. In his interviews lately when the team has lossed, you can tell he is biting his tongue. But it would probably cost him his job. I'm sure Schoop and the Bulldog are salivating after each loss to bash the team since they already despise them and grudgingly have to cover the team.

The bad thing about this team is that everyone but Gailey and Nix can see what a crappy job he's doing as head coach, and the crap pile just keeps getting bigger. I would just love to hear someone for once and all just tell Gailey publicly what a lousy job he's doing and point out the shortcomings of his play calling.

Wah wah. "X isn't hard enough on them; Y is but only because they despise the team!" What do you want someone on the radio who covers the Bills to say?

This WGR bashing is crazy. This Bills Franchise is a freaking joke. What do you expect from any media source covering 13+ years of terrible football. Of course the coverage will be negative.

As for people asking for changes at WGR, it won't happen. They have terrific ratings and make big bucks in ad sales.

Funny, I was just thinking about WGR recently and how it has now become what it used to mock, ie the "company line". Do they even use that ad line any more? Anyway I dont think they have completely sold out but all these shows that they have like Chan's or Fitz's are just shill jobs for the Bills. Not to mention they are just dull. The Chan show is painful to listen to. He really comes across as clueless or maybe its the good ole boy accent. I dont know. I would much rather hear some critical No BS opinions by the people that cover the Bills rather than Chan making excuses or babbling nonsense.

Funny, I was just thinking about WGR recently and how it has now become what it used to mock, ie the "company line". Do they even use that ad line any more? Anyway I dont think they have completely sold out but all these shows that they have like Chan's or Fitz's are just shill jobs for the Bills. Not to mention they are just dull. The Chan show is painful to listen to. He really comes across as clueless or maybe its the good ole boy accent. I dont know. I would much rather hear some critical No BS opinions by the people that cover the Bills rather than Chan making excuses or babbling nonsense.

Based on what I heard just now on the drive home WGR...I would say that no one in the Bills Organization would confuse the current WGR discussion with any "company line." In fact I enjoyed the topic and the opinions...And I pretty much agreed with everything they said...I'm pretty sure Buddy Nix would not agree though...Pretty sure... B-)