Poor Clock Management

R2ITRich

Time and time again, I painfully watch the Bills waste precious time during the game.

We are down by two touchdowns, and you waste 25 seconds at the end of the third quarter, and then in the forth quarter , you continue to drive with no sense of urgency. How many touches does an offense get during a quarter? At what point does Gailey wake up and say... hmmm... I guess we should hurry up and try to score quickly since we are down by 7, 14 points.

When we are trailing, we should try to create as many opportunities to get as many offensive playcalls as possible. It should be on the team that is winning to run the clock out, not the team that is losing.

Even the Belisucks of the world know this. You would never see the Pats or any other winning teams play this way.

Chan Gailey has always played this way... And I can't take it anymore!!!!

1. With 58 seconds left with the ball at our own 7 yard line (Colts still have 2 timeouts remaining) in a 10-6 game, Chan decides to throw on 1st and 2nd down. Both attempts came out of the shotgun and both fell incomplete taking a total of 8 seconds off the clock. Then on 3rd and 10, he decides to run the ball totally conceding the drive. If you're stupid enough to throw on 1st and 2nd down...then you damn better throw on 3rd and 10 and at least attempt to pick up the 1st down. To run there is basically like saying, "Oh sh*it I'm a moron and stopped the clock twice, so lemme just run the ball here so they can't say i passed on all three plays". It was absolutely infuriating to watch.....Chan was directly responsible for those 3 points, and he's very lucky it wasn't 7.

2. Instead of attempting a 51 yard field goal in a close game in an indoor dome, chan decides to punt the ball. Why would a 4-6 football team opt not to attempt a 51 yard fg when trailing on the road in a must win game. It was an utterly pathetic decision, and not surprisingly 5 plays later the Colts had the ball at midfield and ended up eventually settling for a FG on that drive. Once again why a head coach would decide to punt in that situation, is a decision only a losing HC makes plain and simple.

3. 3 minutes and 37 seconds left in the game....3rd and 8 Bills have the ball at the colts 49 yard line. On 3rd an 8 they run a desinged swing pass to Cj Spiller out of the backfield. The ball is on Spiller 2 yards past the line of scrimmage and falls incomplete. Damn we missed on 3rd down on a terrible pass play that even if it had been caught would've still resulted in a 4th and 5. So what does Chan decide to do....? Punt. What happened next was something every single Bills fan knew was going to happen: The Colts ran 10 plays and the Bills never saw the ball again. Keep in mind the Bills defense had no ability to stop the Colts on 3rd down and get off the field all day, but our head coach liked the chances of doing just that moreso than the chance of our offense picking up 8 yards to continue the drive.

These 3 specific details of todays game have finally pushed me over the cliff, and I finally believe its time for chans run in Buffalo to come to an end. The dude is just entirely incompetent as a head coach. He doesn't motivate these players and he doesnt make the clutch/intelligent decisions in game that winning head coaches make.

And in this case foresight too.

Yep. Bad play calling yesterday for sure. When we got the ball with 58 secs left I told everyone, just don't left the colts score. Don't throw a pick. Don't fumble. Don't stop the clock. Getting into FG range (which is the 32 yard line for us) was a pipe dream. Should've been run run run with cj. Maybe he breaks one. Maybe he doesn't. Either way, he's our best option to score and in that situation, keep the opposition from scoring. Chan stunk BIGtime yesterday.

All plays that don't work are stupid in hindsight.

PTR

Some are just stupid with foresight too...there is really no defending Gailey's play calling yesterday...and frankly, it has been bad all season...playcalling used to be his strength.

Edited by Buftex