Anyone watching Tyler Bray today?

bananathumb

Junior for Tennessee playing against Kentucky. Big arm and accurate, two TDs at the half. Good in pocket and can move enough to escape. Bit like Big Ben. Hope he comes out. It's what we need.

He sometimes looks good. He sometimes looks bad. He's got a nice arm, that's for certain. I'd be happy if we could get him in the 3rd, although unlikely he falls that far. I'd be ok with taking him in the 2nd. If we took him in the 1st, our front office must be sold on him, so ill go along with it, but would rather draft someone else. While I don't think there are any sure fire stars, I think Barkley, geno, Aaron Murray, bray, Tyler Wilson, nassib, glennon, Boyd, Manuel and possibly Landry jones (I think he's the worst of the bunch) have a chance to become better than average nfl QBs. While I'd usually prefer to draft the QB you like most in rd 1, if you're going to select one, this year it might be best to wait until rd 3 (or 2) to grab one. I think they're all similar in skill and upside. Klein might be an option as well, although his arm isn't very strong. If chan is coming back, he might be able to develop a playbook around his skill set.

Please, don't call him to the stand in defense of Landry Jones again. :lol:

Buffalo Barbarian believes Jones is a 1st Round pick & he isn't a 2nd Round pick & Geno Smith is still considered a Top 5 pick it just depends on a teams need, Barkley has fallen most have him going from the 7th to the 15th pick CBS Sports Mock Draft Has Barkley going 7th to the Bills that would drive Buffalo Barbarian insane if the Bills picked Barkley

Tyler Bray is ranked a late 2nd to a early 3rd pick he should stay in school & if he improves he could be a Top 5 Pick

Edited by Matt183

Buffalo Barbarian believes Jones is a 1st Round pick & he isn't a 2nd Round pick & Geno Smith is still considered a Top 5 pick it just depends on a teams need, Barkley has fallen most have him going from the 7th to the 15th pick CBS Sports Mock Draft Has Barkley going 7th to the Bills that would drive Buffalo Barbarian insane if the Bills picked Barkley

Tyler Bray is ranked a late 2nd to a early 3rd pick he should stay in school & if he improves he could be a Top 5 Pick

Did they teach punctuation in your school?

Damn you guys got a hard on for punctuation. Do you sit there & count the commas & periods, You'd go nuts on Twitter the way people write

On Twitter, you're limited to 160 characters. On TBD, you aren't. So do your fellow posters a favor and use punctuation. It makes it easier to read.

On Twitter, you're limited to 160 characters. On TBD, you aren't. So do your fellow posters a favor and use punctuation. It makes it easier to read.

WOW I didn't realize, This "Tyler Bray is ranked a late 2nd to a early 3rd pick he should stay in school & if he improves he could be a Top 5 Pick" was Impossible to Read.

Junior for Tennessee playing against Kentucky. Big arm and accurate, two TDs at the half. Good in pocket and can move enough to escape. Bit like Big Ben. Hope he comes out. It's what we need.

Well half true, has great arm and talent but he is NOT built like Ben as he is very skinny even though tall like him. I was high on him early but he is really inconsistent. The biggest thing I don't like about him is he is not a clutch playmaker, so when it's time for a big play he won't get it done.

He will probably stay in to work on his game and if he can improve the mental side of his game he will be THE QB next year.

He sometimes looks good. He sometimes looks bad. He's got a nice arm, that's for certain. I'd be happy if we could get him in the 3rd, although unlikely he falls that far. I'd be ok with taking him in the 2nd. If we took him in the 1st, our front office must be sold on him, so ill go along with it, but would rather draft someone else. While I don't think there are any sure fire stars, I think Barkley, geno, Aaron Murray, bray, Tyler Wilson, nassib, glennon, Boyd, Manuel and Landry jones ( he's the Best of the bunch) have a chance to become better than average nfl QBs. While I'd usually prefer to draft the QB you like most in rd 1, if you're going to select one, this year it might be best to wait until rd 3 (or 2) to grab one. I think they're all similar in skill and upside. Klein might be an option as well, although his arm isn't very strong. If chan is coming back, he might be able to develop a playbook around his skill set.

Fixed

Buffalo Barbarian im sure is :P

Not at this present time.

Please, don't call him to the stand in defense of Landry Jones again. :lol:

Too late, Mark it down boys Landry will be the best QB this year.

And we are going to draft him this year in the first (hopefully)

Got that right but it wont happen, if it does we can look at another decade mediocrity, while Jones is winning superbowls for the Pats.

In terms of upside, I think I'd take Bray over Landry Jones (by a long shot). Landry has a good arm and has good size for an NFL QB, but his football IQ sucks. His passes are quite inconsistent, and he is known for making horrible decisions. He might have the physical tools to play the game, but he doesn't have the "football smarts" to be elite IMO.

With regard to Bray, I think similar criticism might apply to him at this point in his career (poor decision making at times). I do think he is a much more polished passer than Jones already though, and he still has time to develop. Bray would be better served to stay at Tennessee for another year and I think he will.

Got that right but it wont happen, if it does we can look at another decade mediocrity, while Jones is winning superbowls for the Pats.

The Patriots won't Draft Jones,they are happy with Ryan Mallett & Brian Hoyer, so they are not looking for a QB.

There is talk that the Cowboys are interested in Jones, that would be a good fit for Jones, It Would give him time to learn behind Romo.

Edited by Matt183

In terms of upside, I think I'd take Bray over Landry Jones (by a long shot). Landry has a good arm and has good size for an NFL QB, but his football IQ sucks. His passes are quite inconsistent, and he is known for making horrible decisions. He might have the physical tools to play the game, but he doesn't have the "football smarts" to be elite IMO.

With regard to Bray, I think similar criticism might apply to him at this point in his career (poor decision making at times). I do think he is a much more polished passer than Jones already though, and he still has time to develop. Bray would be better served to stay at Tennessee for another year and I think he will.

have you even watched him this year or even today? He makes great decisions and is clutch on 3rd down whereas Bray is way behind Jones in this department. Don't know what you have against Jones but you are clearly wrong.

"NORMAN, Okla. -- Landry Jones passed for 500 yards and three touchdowns, and Brennan Clay scored on an 18-yard run in overtime to lift No. 14 Oklahoma to a 51-48 win against No. 22 Oklahoma State in the Bedlam rivalry on Saturday."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-college-football-roundup-top-25-20121124,0,2284202.story

WOW I didn't realize, This "Tyler Bray is ranked a late 2nd to a early 3rd pick he should stay in school & if he improves he could be a Top 5 Pick" was Impossible to Read.

No, that's only two thoughts that should have been separated by some form of punctuation. The first part of that same post, by contrast, had no less than 6 ideas in it with only a single comma.

have you even watched him this year or even today? He makes great decisions and is clutch on 3rd down whereas Bray is way behind Jones in this department. Don't know what you have against Jones but you are clearly wrong.

"NORMAN, Okla. -- Landry Jones passed for 500 yards and three touchdowns, and Brennan Clay scored on an 18-yard run in overtime to lift No. 14 Oklahoma to a 51-48 win against No. 22 Oklahoma State in the Bedlam rivalry on Saturday."

http://www.latimes.c...0,2284202.story

Landry Jones is going to get picked just not in the first round, plenty of QB have put up huge numbers that doesn't get them drafted, Timmy Chang had monster number for Hawaii but wasn't drafted, Skill set is the most important thing teams look at & Jones has a 3rd to 4th round skills set, that doesn't mean he won't be a good player he just doesn't rate out as 1st round.

Edited by Matt183

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.