Bills/Colts Preview - Why the Bills will win in Indy!

"If the Colts win on Sunday, the Bills are all but toast. They might not be mathematically eliminated, but for all intents and purposes, they would be done like dinner for 2012. If the Bills can leave Indy with a win, they would pull within 1 game of the Colts with the all-important head-to-head tie-breaker in their back pocket – meaning that they would be essentially just ½ game out of the playoffs."

http://niagarahub.co...ning-beat-luck/

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Bills need to win, no doubt.

The fact that Indy does not rush well favors Buffalo.

I also hope that Wanny stays with his theory of mixing up fronts when it comes to rookies and/or unproven qb's. First time i saw any real sign of this was against Kolb in 'Zona. He also did some nice things against Tanneyhill in the Miami game. Putting Kyle and Marcel in the A gap was awesome. One of the guys will come free because the center will get pulled one way or the other. I also hope the ends can set the edge. Luck is much more mobile then people give him credit for. Bills can not leave miles of open space in the middle of the field. I would love to see Wanny dig deep into his bag of Defensive fronts. Given the Bills had some extra time to prepare for Indy should aide in this.

On O I love the fact Freddie is back. IF Chan will limit Fitz to under 30 passes, the Bills have a real shot. Use CJ the same way they did against Miami. Let Freddie come in and get 12-15 touches, the bulk in short yardage and also in the second half/fourth quarter. Pound the ball with our big boys up front. The oline of Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, and Hairston should be able to open up holes for either CJ or Freddie. This Oline is the best the Bills have when it comes to running. There was a lot of talk about screens during the last game and since. Also it has been mentioned the Colts do not play the screen well. For this reason i suspect the Colts have been spending a lot of time preparring for it. Not sure how well it will work against them. Gailey is great at mixing up screens, so do not abandom them, but they can not be the 'go to' play. RUN, RUN, then pass. Control the clock from the outset. Due to Luck's ability to make great passes the Colts can score quick. So the O needs to set the tempo of a ground and pound game. Sorry for the Rex comment, but it really is how the Bills should be playing.

In the end the Bills win 31-24. The drive to the playoffs endures another week. The Bills begin sucking us back in!! Ha

On paper we have every reason to believe we should win this game. We can run, they can't stop it. We have a QB prone to INTs at the worst time, they only 4 picks the entire season. They have a rookie QB, we have a D with a lot of experience and a ball hawking secondary. We're coming off a solid win, they just got blown out by a Pats team we were one completion away from beating. We had 3 extra days rest. This game means everything to our chances to remain relevant, they have one to give.

Which is why I have a feeling Colts will win .... every time this Bills team has a chance to step up in an important game they can win, they lose.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Things are getting a bit dicey in Indy:

“That win last week was one of the proudest moments of my coaching career,” a visibly weakened Pagano said from his bed at Indiana University’s Simon Cancer Center. “But, I mean, was that it? One game? It’s not like my cancer went away after one unexpectedly strong showing. It would have been really inspiring the second time.”

“This is cancer we’re talking about,” he added. “Shouldn’t they be trying to win five or six games for me? It’s not like I’m out with the flu.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/cancerstricken-chuck-pagano-annoyed-colts-couldnt,29986/

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

On the road... must... MUST win the turnover battle. Defense needs to snatch a couple and the offense (Freddy, Fitz) needs to maintain possession.

Pressure up the middle. Luck likes to step up into the pocket, hopefully into the waiting arms of Kyle Williams.

If we can do that, we're in it!

It is time for these guys to show what they're made of. No excuses...it's all right there in front of them.

Edited by Stormin Norman