Anyone Else Still Fantasizing of a Winning Season Still?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on page one of this thread talked about a near-win. I think that's a marvelous concept, and I think the NFL should begin to collect statistics based on near-wins. The continuing presence of the Bills in the NFL has finally forced recognition of this concept and the need to collect data about near-wins. Just imagine the Bills could be 5-8-3 for the 2012 season, not bad at all!

Great idea!

However if they create a column for near wins, they should also create one for near losses.

O.K I usually NEVER fantasize about the Bills! Maybe Naomi Watts or my next door neighbor...

O.K I usually NEVER fantasize about the Bills! Maybe Naomi Watts or my next door neighbor...

I would trade a Bills win for a few minutes with my Neighbor, too bad she is married!

Does anyone else think its unfortunate we played at San Francisco, at Houston & at New England?

We are basically 4-3 in winnable games if you count our home game vs. NE. The game that kills me is the Tennessee game 34-35. We have to win this game because of it.

In our 5 games after count us as dogs vs. Seattle & at Miami. If we finish 9-7 which I think we will we may have a shot at the post season.

Does anyone else think its unfortunate we played at San Francisco, at Houston & at New England?

We are basically 4-3 in winnable games if you count our home game vs. NE. The game that kills me is the Tennessee game 34-35. We have to win this game because of it.

In our 5 games after count us as dogs vs. Seattle & at Miami. If we finish 9-7 which I think we will we may have a shot at the post season.

It is lamentable that the NFL schedule makers never set the schedule so that the Patriots have to come to Buffalo for both games.

On the other hand, yes, remember the Titans beat us at home.

I swear being a Bills fan is like a neurologic condition. I continue to catch myself telling my sons, well if we get past the colts through a punishing running game, and sound defense, we can beat the Jags, Rams, and the telling game is the Seahawks in Toronto. We can definintely beat the Jets at home as they are imploding! Then my wife pinches me and tells me to get back to reality (she has been suffering through my delusions for over 12 years), and realize I'll be throwing pretzels at bonehead coaching moves and lackluster play this week.

Am i alone here?

So....how many pretzels did you throw at the TV today? lol.

I was with you about this game, though...thought they would turn it around today, but unfortunately, whenever the Bills really need to step up they never do.

So....how many pretzels did you throw at the TV today? lol.

I was with you about this game, though...thought they would turn it around today, but unfortunately, whenever the Bills really need to step up they never do.

I was of the same mindset as well. I've been saying that the one benefit that the Bills had of making the playoffs is that the AFC as a whole is weak. 9-7 or even 8-8 could get a wildcard in the AFC.

After a week when the Jets, Titans, Chargers & Steelers all lost the Bills yet again wasted an opportunity to put themselves in a position to have a real shot at the postseason. Now that chance is virtually gone.

I actually believed that the Bills would gain some momentum after beating the Dolphins, but I was confronted with the big reality from this team. After a decade plus of futility, you would think I would have learned my lesson of not getting any hopes up. Sadly that is not the case.

Oddly enough the Bills are still mathematically alive, but I'm not holding onto that, no matter how weak the AFC is.

So once again it is back to watching the Bills, just for the hell of it. Because once December is finished, there won't be anymore Bills football to watch, and just counting the days to free agency & the draft.....again.

GO BILLS!!!