RIP Mr. Food

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I grew up watching his spot on WKBW news at noon when I came home for lunch from school, and also during the later news casts around dinner. My parents always watched him

He always seemed like a great, down to earth kind of guy and someone who would have been great to hang around with, very grandfatherly

Never heard of him but my toque blanc is off to who sounds like a fantastic guy. RIP Chef.

I always picture him as you when I see your posts......

Sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great example of "Figure out what you love - turn that into a business." He had all the chef skills but knew how to inspire regular folks to cook in 90 seconds. Rachel Ray (not a chef but someone Mr. Food had on his segments) took that concept and turned it into an empire (with help) but Art was happy doing his thing.

I really admire that. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great example of "Figure out what you love - turn that into a business." He had all the chef skills but knew how to inspire regular folks to cook in 90 seconds. Rachel Ray (not a chef but someone Mr. Food had on his segments) took that concept and turned it into an empire (with help) but Art was happy doing his thing.

I really admire that. :thumbsup:

He actually said in interviews that he didn't want to do the "Food network thing" and have a full show and be a celebrity all over the country. He was happier doing his shorter syndicated segments and not having to travel around with bodyguards because he was a celebrity. One of the things many liked about what he did was he wasn't about having to use specialty ingredients, his food would use processed and pre-prepared parts (like pre made pie crusts for pies and canned soups, etc.), something the average person/family would have to create dinner that night