Cordy Glenn

The LT position is one that the bills have hit and missed on for years, but as a rookie this kid is playing like a 5 year starter. You have to give credit to Nix for seeing LT talent from a guy who a lot of people felt was only a guard. I focused on him for the first half of the game last night just out of curiosity and he didn't disappoint. For a while it was said that LT was the most important position on the team and I think we have our 10-12 year guy in Glenn.

I couldn't be happier with Glenn's play. The Bills were patient in the draft and waited to get him until the second round. For all of those naysayers pissing and moaning about the draft last year, it's starting to look pretty good. With time, I think the offense should gel and start to finish games and scoring drives.

Lock up Levitre now! Glenn is looking solid but Wood and Levitre are Pro Bowlers.

Word. And Byrd. Losing either would be a catastrophic loss. We need both. Badly.

I love Cordy Glenn. Great picks Buddy. Looks like we hit the jackpot in round 2c. Finally. After Torrell Troupe and then Aaron Williams as consecutive 2nd round busts (yep, Aaron Williams is a bust. He's bad), we really couldn't afford to miss on another. Glenn is a beast.

Glenn had his roughest outing of the season last Sunday against the Cheatriots*** allowing a few pressures and a QB hit before going into lockdown mode in the second half.

He's had surprisingly few rookie moments this year and looks to have all the ingredients to become an outstanding LT for a long time.

Jonathan Martin who the Bills passed up is starting for Miami at right tackle, ironic because in the OT draft debate, Martin was considered a left tackle and some critics had Glenn as nothing more than a right tackle or a guard.

Riley Reiff who many here wanted the Bills to draft, many in the first round, was taken 23rd overall by Detroit and despite the Lions having an average offensive line/tackle situation, is not yet a starter. Reiff's getting lots of playing time as a blocking tight end and has played 53 snaps in the last two weeks so he is contributing. There were many people here who thought of Reiff as the second coming of Bryan Bulaga and so far those people look right.

J. Martin got abused a few times yesterday. Very happy with the Bills' choice here.

At this point in their careers, Glenn is so much bigger and stronger than Martin so his ability to anchor is much better. If Martin fills out a bit he'll be fine I think.

Glenn is a good illustration of the special skills needed to be a good tackle in today's NFL.

Although these speed rushers aren't that huge, once they get your feet moving, they will counter and drive you right into the quarterback.

Unless you have the mass to anchor and the wingspan to steer them, it's hard to be successful.

He is very good for a rookie, but I disagree that he played well last night at all....Even my wife who knows nothing about O-Lines noticed him getting rolled over a bunch of times, and Fitz got chased and beat up a bit last night from his side, I think it was Cameron Wake~ who is very good, but he looked bad last night.

Loved what i saw out of Glenn last night.

But Urbik looked great. To me he stole the show. Guys has great agility. I was really impressed with the entire oline.

Hairston was a little shaky. And some of the line calls were crazy. Mayock did a good job of breaking down why Cam Wake got a couple free shots. Sorry but slanting the oline away from the opposing D's best end just seems nuts.

He is very good for a rookie, but I disagree that he played well last night at all....Even my wife who knows nothing about O-Lines noticed him getting rolled over a bunch of times, and Fitz got chased and beat up a bit last night from his side, I think it was Cameron Wake~ who is very good, but he looked bad last night.

I watched the game last night but haven't reviewed it yet to see who did what.

I don't remember Glenn looking bad last night so I'll disagree with you for now.

I will note that Wake was lined up across from Hairston the majority of the snaps.

The Bills also had our running backs cutting Wake numerous plays where he was left uncovered by Hairston.

its not that people thought glenn was ONLY a guard. its that they thought cordy glenn could be a perennial all pro/pro bowler at guard and the ceiling to become a really good LT too. his tape from uga at guard was pretty unreal. he mauled people on the regular.

Martin got eaten by Mario like a Chicken McNugget on that sack - it was a thing of beauty.

Did I hear correctly that the stadium PA played the Mario Brothers theme song after that sack? I thought I did and thought it was pretty amusing.

I agree that Glenn is playing very well for a rookie. I just hope he can keep improving.

Edited by cnico

its not that people thought glenn was ONLY a guard. its that they thought cordy glenn could be a perennial all pro/pro bowler at guard and the ceiling to become a really good LT too. his tape from uga at guard was pretty unreal. he mauled people on the regular.

You're wrong there (bolded).

There were a lot of people who were saying that Glenn did not have the feet/footwork to play left tackle.

I believe that Mayock was one of them.

Also, if the consensus was that he could play left tackle, what would make such a prospect slide so far in the draft?

Glenn had ZERO character issues and holds the record for most starts by a Georgia Bulldog football player.

Many people had questions about his ability to play left tackle.

Some here had no questions about it at all.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan