Meanwhile in the rest of the world

/dev/null

It's interesting that *someone* here somehow failed to mention that, according to Palestinian and Israeli figures, of those 100ish Palestinian deaths so far, between 60 and 80 of them were militants.

Oh and it seems that 6 of those Palestinians were summarily executed by Hamas.

But we needed to give OBL a proper burial so not to offend Muslims.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/20/hamas-kills-six-suspected-aiding-israel-drags-body-through-streets/

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course there are Palestinians in Israel. Where do some of you get this s**t from? My parents went back home recently to the West Bank, where they were born, and were given a two month visa. They were rejected by Israel for an extension when the two months were up. They're 60+ hoping to retire in their homeland and they can't even stay longer than two months. It's a travesty.

Just for kicks, if they were born 100 miles to the east in the land controlled by Jordan, what kind of return policy would they have? Are the Palestinians who live in Jordanian camps have a better or worse life than West Bank?

Did you see the video of Israel taking out that car with members of Hamas in it? Now that was an adequate response. The rest is unnecessary brutality.

They were born in the West Bank.

What country was the West Bank in when they were born?

Just for kicks, if they were born 100 miles to the east in the land controlled by Jordan, what kind of return policy would they have? Are the Palestinians who live in Jordanian camps have a better or worse life than West Bank?

I have no idea.

What country was the West Bank in when they were born?

Jordan, I believe. Not sure, though.

I think what GG is implying (and I could be wrong) is that Palestinians are treated much worse in neighboring countries that traditionally badmouth Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians.

That's not necessarily true. Treated poorly? Yes. Worse? Hell no.

I have no idea.

Jordan, I believe. Not sure, though.

NJ, not knowing their exact ages makes it difficult to determine what country they were born in. I take it they moved to the U.S. and went through the citizenship process, but now maybe want to retire where they might be considered rich with their SS and anything else they might have coming. Just wondering why if they became U.S. citizens they would want to move.

That's not necessarily true. Treated poorly? Yes. Worse? Hell no.

http://www.unhcr.org...fa538823,0.html

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2010/01/25/world-report-2010-harsher-climate-human-rights

The estimated 300,000 Palestinian refugees in Lebanon lived in appalling social and economic conditions and were subject to wide-ranging restrictions on housing and employment. Jordanian authorities since 2004 have arbitrarily deprived over 2,700 Jordanians of Palestinian origin of their nationality, usually on grounds that they did not hold valid Israeli-issued residency permits for the West Bank. No such condition for maintaining Jordanian nationality exists in law. Hundreds of thousands more Jordanians may be at risk of losing their nationality.
Edited by meazza

I think what GG is implying (and I could be wrong) is that Palestinians are treated much worse in neighboring countries that traditionally badmouth Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians.

So you have no idea, but that doesn't stop you from offering a (wrong) opinion. Fact is that ethnic Arabs/Palestinians are treated much better and have more rights within Israel proper and in the occupied territories than Arabs who happen to be in the wrong tribe living in a foreign land or their historic ancestral land, which by itself is not a certainty given the regions nomadic and colonizing roots.

But I know, Israel is evil because the Internet tells me so.

So you have no idea, but that doesn't stop you from offering a (wrong) opinion. Fact is that ethnic Arabs/Palestinians are treated much better and have more rights within Israel proper and in the occupied territories than Arabs who happen to be in the wrong tribe living in a foreign land or their historic ancestral land, which by itself is not a certainty given the regions nomadic and colonizing roots.

I'm assuming this was for NJ?

On a side note, anyone who believes that the narrative is consistently favored for Israelis should open up twitter, type Gaza and see where the Joe the (*^*&%^$^#gets his information.

I've been trying to get the message across that in Israel, as a person of non-jewish religion you'll be ok, unlike anywhere else in the ME when you of course switch the parties. Israel is like a U.S. liberal state. You sort of hate them but they're still one of your kids.

No way I weigh in here because I don't know who lived where 400 years ago. It's like trying to untangle the Ottoman empire and I don't care enough to pursue it. But I do know if someone started raining explosives on my country I would stop it.

Would it be OK for Mexico to rocket attack Texas?

I'd say if it was Austin, well it's not ok, wink, wink.

Edited by 3rdnlng

The gauntlet has been laid out. Answer the million dollar question. Why are we friends with Israel? It's okay, I'll wait. I've been waiting a couple of hours on that answer already. And please don't tell me it's because we need them or because they're the only "democracy" in the region. Before we had military bases in Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia I could understand why we need them, but now that we do...

http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/971128/aipac.shtml

Bingo there's your answer

All about lobby power in DC. That's why the goobers here who claim to be independent thinkers and opposed to special interests have been exposed as frauds on both counts. Just brain dead herd followers

http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/971128/aipac.shtml

All about lobby power in DC. That's why the goobers here who claim to be independent thinkers and opposed to special interests have been exposed as frauds on both counts. Just brain dead herd followers

You nailed it on all counts. Nicely done.

I'm assuming this was for NJ?

On a side note, anyone who believes that the narrative is consistently favored for Israelis should open up twitter, type Gaza and see where the Joe the (*^*&%^$^#gets his information.

Yes it was meant for NJ. I used your post as the segue

NJ, not knowing their exact ages makes it difficult to determine what country they were born in. I take it they moved to the U.S. and went through the citizenship process, but now maybe want to retire where they might be considered rich with their SS and anything else they might have coming. Just wondering why if they became U.S. citizens they would want to move.

SS and whatever else they have coming? Coming? What if they already have it? Did that ever cross your mind? And I guess my parents would be the first ones to ever gain citizenship in the US, live here for 40+ years, and then move back to their native land.

http://www.jewishaz....128/aipac.shtml

Why is there no dateline for that story? Do you know the outcome of the SCOTUS decision?