Meanwhile in the rest of the world

/dev/null

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name one nation that wouldn't mobilize its army if it had one rocket fired at it from a neighbor, let alone 100?

Cowards for not attacking Iran? Then the US are cowards as well (like they were for not attacking the Soviet Union, even though the Soviet proxies were killing Americans).

Hamas/Iran miscalculated again on stoking a wider regional conflict, which idiots like you think would be a good thing.

The US has their hands full at the moment. Our military would be over-extended and because of our poor economy Americans would not support a war on Iran. Israel is the one that needs to handle that business, but they won't because they're pussified.

Besides, Israel over-does it in their "defense" of their nation from the bottle rockets being launched at them. I can kill more people with a car than those 1,000 rockets.

The US has their hands full at the moment. Our military would be over-extended and because of our poor economy Americans would not support a war on Iran. Israel is the one that needs to handle that business, but they won't because they're pussified.

Besides, Israel over-does it in their "defense" of their nation from the bottle rockets being launched at them. I can kill more people with a car than those 1,000 rockets.

But if you intend to kill people with your car and fail miserably, do the victims have a right to defend themselves?

Edited by meazza

Hamas is so cowardly that it digs tunnels throughout the strip so it can run away and hide after it launches rockets next to schoolyards.

Hamas are scum. Not cowards. They're more stupid than cowardice. But to call them cowards going against an "elite" military? That's a stretch.

But if you intend to kill people with your car and fail miserably, do the victims have a right to defend themselves?

Defense is the word you're using. Not offense. Israel is CLEARLY on the offensive, here.

Israel ARE cowards. The proof is in the pudding. All their rhetoric towards Iran and yet not one single attack, but when confronted by bad ol' Gaza they flex their muscles? CCCCCOOOOOOWWWWWWAAAAAARRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Hamas are scum. Not cowards. They're more stupid than cowardice. But to call them cowards going against an "elite" military? That's a stretch.

They are endangering the lives of their people by provoking a stronger military. That is cowardly.

Defense is the word you're using. Not offense. Israel is CLEARLY on the offensive, here.

Given that their long range capabilities have increased as they are actually able to get close enough to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, clearly their response is defensive.

Israel has no interest in re-occupying Gaza. If there were no rocket attacks, there would be no bombardment. Clearly it is defense.

Edited by meazza

Israel ARE cowards. The proof is in the pudding. All their rhetoric towards Iran and yet not one single attack, but when confronted by bad ol' Gaza they flex their muscles? CCCCCOOOOOOWWWWWWAAAAAARRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Who attacked who first?

They are endangering the lives of their people by provoking a stronger military. That is cowardly.

Given that their long range capabilities have increased as they are actually able to get close enough to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, clearly their response is defensive.

Israel has no interest in re-occupying Gaza. If there were no rocket attacks, there would be no bombardment. Clearly it is defense.

Hamas is trying to get the blockade lifted. I don't agree with their methods in doing so, but don't pretend to act like there's no reason for their attacks on Israel.

Who attacked who first?

See post #67

Hamas is trying to get the blockade lifted. I don't agree with their methods in doing so, but don't pretend to act like there's no reason for their attacks on Israel.

Let's look at the timeline shall we.

Sharon agrees to walk away from Gaza. Hamas wins the election, begins rocket fire. Blockade installed by both Egypt and Israel.

Something doesn't add up here?

We can go on all day long with this. Some of you clearly will never see the wrong in what Israel does. On the other hand, I point out the Palestinians' bad decisions on the regular and condemn their actions, as well. Some of you can't/won't do the same for Israel, so it's pointless to continue on with this thread. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that. My intention from the beginning was to do a quick drive-by and then leave. Have fun with the rest of the thread while dozens of real victims get murdered day by the day.

One last thing before I go, for as bad as Hamas is they have had more peace and truce with Israel than war. They do speak with one another. Let's not act as if Israel doesn't know what they're dealing with, because they do. Acknowledge one another's existence and lift any sanctions or blockades so that the Palestinians can live a more fruitful life, economically. If that happens, Hamas' cause will be weakened and less people will be inclined to join.

Edited by NoJustice

We can go on all day long with this. Some of you clearly will never see the wrong in what Israel does. On the other hand, I point out the Palestinians' bad decisions on the regular and condemn their actions, as well. Some of you can't/won't do the same for Israel, so it's pointless to continue on with this thread. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that. My intention from the beginning was to do a quick drive-by and then leave. Have fun with the rest of the thread while dozens of real victims get murdered day by the day.

One last thing before I go, for as bad as Hamas is they have had more peace and truce with Israel than war. They do speak with one another. Let's not act as if Israel doesn't know what they're dealing with, because they do. Acknowledge one another's existence and lift any sanctions or blockades so that the Palestinians can live a more fruitful life, economically. If that happens, Hamas' cause will be weakened and less people will be inclined to join.

Hamas is against Israel's right to exist and would attack them even if there was no blockade. I don't see them attacking Egypt over the blockade.

I don't agree with everything Israel does towards their negotiations for the West Bank. On the other hand, I think Hamas is garbage and this falls on those Palestinians that keep them in power. It says wonders about the people there that Hamas is being considered too "moderate" by the other militant factions.

Between Israel and Hamas, which group has conceded towards the other? There is a reason the West Bank is controlled in collaboration with Fatah and everything is smooth there.

I don't agree with everything Israel does towards their negotiations for the West Bank. On the other hand, I think Hamas is garbage and this falls on those Palestinians that keep them in power. It says wonders about the people there that Hamas is being considered too "moderate" by the other militant factions.

Between Israel and Hamas, which group has conceded towards the other? There is a reason the West Bank is controlled in collaboration with Fatah and everything is smooth there.

Hamas actually does a lot of good for the people of Gaza, believe it or not, they get the votes because of it. Fatah would be much better for them because they're puppets. They're building new settlements in the West Bank as we type, and what does Fatah do about it? Nothing. That's what. So even though all is peaceful at the moment in the WB, doesn't mean things are "smooth" there. My cousins can't even export their goods out of the WB to make more money. I can't even get my LCD billboard into Ramallah. Smooth, he says.

Hamas actually does a lot of good for the people of Gaza, believe it or not, they get the votes because of it. Fatah would be much better for them because they're puppets. They're building new settlements in the West Bank as we type, and what does Fatah do about it? Nothing. That's what. So even though all is peaceful at the moment in the WB, doesn't mean things are "smooth" there. My cousins can't even export their goods out of the WB to make more money. I can't even get my LCD billboard into Ramallah. Smooth, he says.

Which is why I don't agree with how Israel is handling the end result of a two state solution.

But the situation is a tad better there than in Gaza where they are being shelled with artillery.

I know I said I was going to leave, but I have to get this off my chest. Can anyone explain to me the relationship we in the US have with Israel? I mean I can understand why we needed their friendship before we had military bases in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan, but why now? This friendship will only continue to cost us more money and potentially American lives lost in a war with Iran. Explain...

The leaps of logic are astounding, even by the standards of this site.

So if the US wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan or if the economy was doing better, they should be attacking Iran, with military & geopolitical repercussions be damned?

If you wrote down an intent to run over some people with you r car and then did it, the full force of the law would come after you. That is what Israel is doing in response to real rocket attacks and not a fireworks display. Quit minimizing the intent or the damage that Hamas is doing, it makes you look like a bigger idiot.

Congratulations to Israel, by the way, they just created thousands of new terrorists. Good job. And the cycle continues.

So true. There were thousands of perfectly rational actors with no previous prejudices or sympathies who all of a sudden became terrorists due to this week's events. Thats the way it happens, all right. Clearly, the answer is appeasement. Then they'll stop, right?

The leaps of logic are astounding, even by the standards of this site.

So if the US wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan or if the economy was doing better, they should be attacking Iran, with military & geopolitical repercussions be damned?

If you wrote down an intent to run over some people with you r car and then did it, the full force of the law would come after you. That is what Israel is doing in response to real rocket attacks and not a fireworks display. Quit minimizing the intent or the damage that Hamas is doing, it makes you look like a bigger idiot.

That seems to be the justification by the many anti-Israel mouthpieces. "Oh only 12 people died." I wonder if 1000 Israelis died in a rocket attack, if they'd act any differently.

So true. There were thousands of perfectly rational actors with no previous prejudices or sympathies who all of a sudden became terrorists due to this week's events. Thats the way it happens, all right. Clearly, the answer is appeasement. Then they'll stop, right?

Wasn't that supposed to happen when Gaza was liberated?

I love this gem so it's worth repeating:

Intent? Are you kidding me? They have slaughtered over 100 Palestinians and you want to talk to me about intent? Lift the blockade and then see if the attacks continue, which they most likely will, but nonetheless, lift it and then close it again if you have to.

Because you think anyone actually takes you seriously?

You think I give two craps what anybody thinks about me here? That's a good one. I've got plenty of friends. I'm here to say what's on my mind. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it, tough cookies.

You won't answer my question because you can't. You can't muster your own thoughts. You can only spew out stuff you've been hearing all along. You tow the company line. If they don't tell you why we have such a strong relationship with Israel, you can't answer it.

What, it's out of the realm of possibility for a moderate that has lost his loved ones this week to be pushed and driven to vengeance?