Some observations about the game and telecast

zow2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC the quote attributed to Chan was that he takes CJ out "because he gets too excited at times," which made me want to throw my TV controller across the room.

Spelling the running back = common sense. Taking him out because he's allegedly overenthusiastic = :wallbash:

I interpreted the quote as CJ gets too excited at times causing him to use a lot of energy. As a result, Chan has to take him out because he’s tired, not because he’s overenthusiastic.

It's either that or the obligatory shot of wings getting tossed in a large metal bowl full of hot sauce, then getting dumped on a plate to be served.

Whats so bad about that? People freaking love wings. Better than showing the abandoned factories on the lakefront.

- The postgame show with Spiller on the set was great. If you didn't watch, there were a few hundred Bills fans that hung around the set and chanted "CJ, CJ, CJ!..." You could tell, Rich Eisen, Michael Irvin, Deion and the crew were not used to having rabid fans down there and they got a kick out of Bills fans. CJ was animated and showing everyone love. Then at the end, Irvin kissed CJ and they gave him parting gifts...it was funny.

I went in as early as I could before the game for the pregame stuff, and you could tell they were having some trouble communicating. Deion looked miserable cold.

Deon is a turd sandwich

Yeah he is...he can keep the Waffle House...I'm surrounded by those damn things and they can't hold a candle to Perkins! :D

Aside from Stevie and Chandler, there are no pass catches on this team excluding the RBs. Chandler can go up and get the ball but he isn't be best route runner either-seems awkward/slow.

Stevie is a good route runner but he isn't a game breaker, but a decent possession receiver.

Donald Jones should of caught that pass for a TD early on..

How do you know who is a gambreaker when Fitz cant throm over 15 yards effectively

So happy they got the now obligatory shot of Niagara Falls in. Now shown at any Buffalo Bills home game

And it should be because it's one of the coolest things on this planet. It's like playing football in the Grand Canyon or in the shadows of the Pyramid at Giza.

Whats so bad about that? People freaking love wings. Better than showing the abandoned factories on the lakefront.

I went in as early as I could before the game for the pregame stuff, and you could tell they were having some trouble communicating. Deion looked miserable cold.

Deion looked happy compared to Faulk, who looked like he was broadcasting live from Freeze Meister's lair.

And it should be because it's one of the coolest things on this planet. It's like playing football in the Grand Canyon or in the shadows of the Pyramid at Giza.

If you were in the shadows of the Pyramid at Giza, you'd have dozens of annoying people trying to force you to buy crappy trinkets (and then swearing at you in Arabic when you tell them to leave you alone). :thumbdown:

Egypt is a hellhole.

Aside from Stevie and Chandler, there are no pass catches on this team excluding the RBs. Chandler can go up and get the ball but he isn't be best route runner either-seems awkward/slow.

Stevie is a good route runner but he isn't a game breaker, but a decent possession receiver.

Donald Jones should of caught that pass for a TD early on..

I think we need to get stevie a QB who can throw the ball----then we decide if he is a game breaker.

If you were in the shadows of the Pyramid at Giza, you'd have dozens of annoying people trying to force you to buy crappy trinkets (and then swearing at you in Arabic when you tell them to leave you alone). :thumbdown:

Egypt is a hellhole.

but it has the arab spring..how can springtime be hell?

I don't think you can judge Tannehill this early in his career. He is a rookie and not all rookies are like Luck and RG3, when Dalton can into the league he was teamed with a good reciever also. Tanny has no one to throw the ball too. I am no Dolphins fan believe you me. I would much rather have Tanny on our bench to back up Fitz then Thigpen or Jackson any day of the week because Tanny has an up side. Enough of that. I hate our game plan on offense every week. Like stated in another post twice in the first quarter on 3 and short we went 5 wide and on the first series we went wildcat. We need to never use the wildcat again...it sucks. I would really like to see more running and more shots down field and using the screen game wisely. I think it would be more effective if we went down field a few times in the fist half and then ran more screens in the second with the defense is getting tired. I really think we just need to run the ball more in the first half because I watched the game again and I noticed our Oline getting tired in the second half from pass blocking alot and running out to block on screens. I think our line gets tired doing that because the defense is being the aggressor, but when we run block we are the aggressor. Thoughts....

Egypt is a hellhole.

Russ would fit right in.

Egypt is a hellhole.

I will never forget the mountain of garbage everywhere I went in Cairo. While cool historically, I would never return to Egypt.

I will never forget the mountain of garbage everywhere I went in Cairo. While cool historically, I would never return to Egypt.

+100000000!! They were lighting a lot of it on fire, on the shore of the Nile, when we were there. Blech.

Couldn't even enjoy the history most of the time because you were constantly being harassed.

That's not what the announcers said, nor some of the sports writers post game reviews. Chan makes a lot of the calls as to when CJ is in or out. And FYI MANY R's take a breather after hard runs.

You seem to be taking both sides here, why? The OP didn't say start Jackson when he's healthy. He said Jackson is a better option than Choice. Does anyone disagree with that statement?

Regarding Spiller...he said on the post game NFLN that he took himself out of the game several times. There's no shame in that. He runs hard he needs a breather.

There are also times when Chantasm does remove Spiller from games for his gimmicks. Too many plays without Spiller/Jackson on the field.