Tebow + Rex + NYC Media = Sh_t Storm

Kind of surprised that no one started a topic on this. Especially because I know most of you are aware of the very public anonymous criticism of Tebow by his teammates that has appeared in the New York Daily News today.

From PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/jets-teammate-says-tim-tebow-cant-start-because-hes-terrible/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/tebow-reacts-to-comments-from-teammates-with-sadness/

I also know that everyone here has an opinion on Tebow as shown by this epic, 76 page, 1500 reply thread on The Stadium Wall:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/143716-tebow-is-a-jet-finally/page__hl__tebow

It's starting to look like the Jets players are beginning to realize what many fans have been saying:

That Tebow doesn't have the skill necessary right now to be a good NFL quarterback.

Of course there are many fans who believe the opposite too.

I just find it amazing that we still have a ripe opportunity to finish 2nd in the division, like we all thought, despite having one of the worst defenses ever. We owe that to the mess the Jets and Dolphins are also in.

I just find it amazing that we still have a ripe opportunity to finish 2nd in the division, like we all thought, despite having one of the worst defenses ever. We owe that to the mess the Jets and Dolphins are also in.

The thrashing the Dolphins suffered at the hand of the Titans was a bit of a surprise.

Till that point the Dolphins and Talleywhacker (I miss Crayonz) were one of the nice little stories of the season.

But yeah, like Coach Tuesday said, this was all so predictable.

Everybody could see the writing on the wall years ago, even before the Tebow trade. The lack of control Ryan has with his team and his mouth which he won't shut is all good when a team is winning and exceeding expectations. But once they start losing you knew it would be a sh*tstorm with the NYC media. Acquiring Tebow was just throwing a stick of dynamite on a powder keg.

I just don't get it ? Everyone also said that Drew Brees was to small & blah blah blah & look at him now .

You go back & look at the stats Teabow had in college & then you see what he did last year with the Broncos , if nothing else the guy is a winner !!!

I think the more negativity the more it fuels him to work & i for one wouldn't mind seeing just what he could do in a Bills uni working with the likes of David Lee .

The kid is a winner as i said before & i can remember watching the guy dismantle a bunch of really good SEC team in his day & just when you think the guy is beat here he comes so never count him out .

If you think about who had that tough ass thing about him as a QB for B/lo , Kelly was the same way & he endorsed him coming here i just think the guy needs a legit shot at the position . Every one said Fitz is a back up lifetime QB but he has put up good numbers & Mooch gave him some love on the John Murphy show .

I hope some one some where gives him a shot & proves everybody wrong !!

Meanwhile, this board regularly clamors for more wildcat from our own Tebow-lite (aka Brad Smith).

I love that the Jets are dumb enough to have put themselves in this situation but feel bad for Tebow; he's a genuinely nice guy and deserves to be somewhere where they want him.

Meanwhile, this board regularly clamors for more wildcat from our own Tebow-lite (aka Brad Smith).

I love that the Jets are dumb enough to have put themselves in this situation but feel bad for Tebow; he's a genuinely nice guy and deserves to be somewhere where they want him.

Well one of the themes of the Tebow Sweepstakes was that he preferred to go to NYC even over his hometown area of Jacksonville because he and his people saw more opportunity to make endorsement money and build his brand in the bigger media market.

According to several reports, Denver put the ball in Tebow's court and Tebow chose NYC.

I'd take Tebow in Buffalo. Can he play WR. He would also be a great option to put in the backfield on 3rd and short instead of running empty sets. You could direct snap to him, use him as a blocker, hand off to him, have him go out in the flat, etc. A much better option than Brad Smith.

That said, the JETS are a disaster and I love their yearly implosions.

I'd take Tebow in Buffalo. Can he play WR. He would also be a great option to put in the backfield on 3rd and short instead of running empty sets. You could direct snap to him, use him as a blocker, hand off to him, have him go out in the flat, etc. A much better option than Brad Smith.

That said, the JETS are a disaster and I love their yearly implosions.

IMO, saying that Tebow would be a better option than Brad Smith is a matter of conjecture.

But I sure hope we add to the Jets misery by destroying them in the finale. It would be a fitting bookend to the season opener.