Bills 31; Pats 23; Officials 14

SoulMan

As with the Packers game earlier this year, there are times when questioning the officiating is justified. These calls were equally as outrageous and meaningful in the context of the game.

I thought I'd reached an age/maturity/perspective where I was beyond throwing temper tantrums over officiating calls.

But I admit I was livid while watching Bill Leavy and company hand the Cheatriots*** (who were substantial home favorites) 3 first and goals at the one yard line. Two of those passes were uncatchable balls and should have been called as 5-yard illegal contact penalties.

But now I AM starting to whine. So I guess I've gotten it off my chest.

The conspiracy theorists need look no further than the fact the Pats were named the visitor twice in 4 years for the London game, thus being granted a reduced road game schedule for each of those years. The league never bothered to provide an explanation. More strikingly the Bills never issued a complaint. Talk about class action lawsuit material. I am taking the long road view on this. Once the Bills acquire one of the top 5 QBs of all time, win 3 titles, and make the playoffs 11 of 13 years we may get a call or two.

I wish Gailey had gotten up in the ref's face after that one that landed in the stands. That drive was all penalties. And he just stood there pondering his playbook.

That was annoying wasn't it?

He sometimes seems so absorbed in the headphones that he's not clear on what's going on in front of him.

Witness for example, the 4th quarter play where Spiller thought he had scored. The officials marked him out at the 5 yard line when replays clearly showed he stepped out at the 4 yard line. In the ensuing confusion the Bills had to burn a timeout to avoid a delay of game penalty.

In the aftermath of that play, Gailey should have:

1) Lobbied the officials to put more time back on the clock because of the uncertainty surrounding the outcome of the play OR

2) Thrown the challenge flag to stop the clock and review the spot. The Bills would have gained one yard and more importantly preserved one of their timeouts that they needlessly wasted.

Gailey does not seem to be a very good game manager.

I did like that we went for it on 4th and 4 and converted. One of the few decisions of his that I've agreed with this season.

I wish Gailey had gotten up in the ref's face after that one that landed in the stands. That drive was all penalties. And he just stood there pondering his playbook.

What has happened to Gailey ? It seemed when he first came aboard he had some fight in him but as time goes on it's like he's turning into a old man right before our eyes almost like Jauron is taking over his sole !!

What has happened to Gailey ? It seemed when he first came aboard he had some fight in him but as time goes on it's like he's turning into a old man right before our eyes almost like Jauron is taking over his sole !!

Are you suggesting that DJ is stealing his fish or haunting his feet?

It seemed like the Cheatriots would just keep marching down the field and score TDs anyway, BUT those calls could be called game killers. The one pass out of the endzone probably couldve been caught by a 12 foot man or sasquatch... Maybe the world finds out bigfoot is real before Buffalo catches a break.