Maybin waived by Jets

bourbonboy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin was the heart and soul of that team. Clearly, this means that the Jets have not only given up on the season but that the franchise is likely to fold.

I also thought / heard that he was doing good in NJ (besides what the nay sayers post here). interesting... Maybin had a career year with the Jets in 2011 after registering six sacks as a backup.

Is that why Rex was crying?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'd swap any 2 linebackers on our roster for poz and maybin; we'd get one of the better MLB's in the league and a situational pass rusher: 2 things we seriously lack.

With you on Poz, but Maybin is basically a receiver who runs around the corner. He's a tough life and I respect him for reaching the top of his profession but he is not a NFL caliber player. The fact that Ryan made him servicable last year is very impressive. Similar to JP Losman looking like a NFL QB for one season. But I'd take Poz back in a second. It's funny that 2 guys who got bashed for making too many tackles downfield (Fletcher and Poz) would be huge upgrades for us.

couldn't agree more

This guy was a made football player IMHO, with roids or something at Penn State and once he was to get tested he lost weight and strength.

He was just like his agent/advisor Arrington another PS player who was all talk, made fortune and never played a damn.

He was never what he appeared to be to the scouts, but he is just a SHARLOTIN. Just as many Bills fans knew instinctively

BwaHaHa

Arrington was actually pretty good, whether a product of steroids or not. He had Merriman like injury issues

I'd swap any 2 linebackers on our roster for poz and maybin; we'd get one of the better MLB's in the league and a situational pass rusher: 2 things we seriously lack.

In case you forgot, the Bills didn't show Poz the door; he was offered stupid money by Jacksonville and smartly took it. And saying you would take Maybin over ANY NFL linebacker reflects the depth of your football intellect.

With you on Poz, but Maybin is basically a receiver who runs around the corner. He's a tough life and I respect him for reaching the top of his profession but he is not a NFL caliber player. The fact that Ryan made him servicable last year is very impressive. Similar to JP Losman looking like a NFL QB for one season. But I'd take Poz back in a second. It's funny that 2 guys who got bashed for making too many tackles downfield (Fletcher and Poz) would be huge upgrades for us.

OK but as a package deal of the 2 most high profile LBs theyve let get away: let's say Jags sign Maybin, and offer to trade Poz and him back to us for any 2 LBs on our roster of their choosing. Barnett is a given, but the other one: Shep has shown nothing and I seriously question if hes a starter in this league, Moats couldn't keep a starting position, Merriman is old and often injured and no one wanted him after he was cut by us, Bradham way too early to know anything ... really on field due to Moats ineptness.

So you come down to starter Barnett for starter Poz, and one other situational/highly unproven/highly suspect guy, which makes it look more like a straight up swap of Poz for Barnett, which Id certainly do.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack