CIA chief petreus reisgns over affair?

yes, that's exactly what I was saying, that she was well known as the General's biographer, I doubt if more than a handful of people knew about the affair, but just a guess.

for sure, kelley has all kinds of skeletons in her drive-in closet

I'm trying to get my head around how General Allen and Jill Kelley managed to exchange 20-30K pages of emails in 2 years? Who does that?

Could be creative counting. The saints had 50k documents, for example. One line text being a full page. Counting long threads each and every time there was a fresh reply. Attachments getting counted as pages... I dunno.

50 pages a day is otherwise near impossible. Just logistically it would be too much to maintain longterm. Theres gotta be something more in that number, no?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be creative counting. The saints had 50k documents, for example. One line text being a full page. Counting long threads each and every time there was a fresh reply. Attachments getting counted as pages... I dunno.

50 pages a day is otherwise near impossible. Just logistically it would be too much to maintain longterm. Theres gotta be something more in that number, no?

ya who knows especially if there was lots of replying to the same message, with the whole tail, that would add up. Still, it's a lot!

Wow... On the conservative side that's 55 emails per day...

All I can think is when the prinited up one email it contained all the emails that have been going back and forth. I've printed up emails in the past for a one line response and got all 8 pages of the conversation we've been having.

Brosdwell sure sounds like a competitive psycho nut. According to NY times article she even sent emails to Allen warning about Kelley from email address "KelleyPatrol". Lol

really, all the women involved here seem volatile enough to say things they probably should not be letting get out. or making up fun stuff too. should be a sight to see.

Detailed article on how Broadwell got caught.

The funny thing is, Paula Broadwell and David Petraeus thought they knew what they were doing. They were careful, more careful than the average American fooling around outside the bounds of marriage tends to be. When Broadwell wanted to warn off the other woman she suspected of messing with her man, she set up an anonymous email account and only used it away from home, usually on the Wi-Fi networks of hotels she was staying in. Broadwell and Petraeus also thought they could avoid having their emails intercepted in transit by technically avoiding “sending” them at all. Instead, they saved their messages to each other as “drafts” in a Gmail account to which they both enjoyed access.

Linked inside was an eye-opening piece from Reuters, Collateral damage from our surveillance state. This is some scary sh*t.

The FBI obliged ‑ apparently obtaining subpoenas for Internet Protocol logs, which allowed them to connect the sender’s anonymous Google Mail account to others accessed from the same computers, accounts that belonged to Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell. The bureau could then subpoena guest records from hotels, tracking the WiFi networks, and confirm that they matched Broadwell’s travel history. None of this would have required judicial approval ‑ let alone a Fourth Amendment search warrant based on probable cause.

While we don’t know the investigators’ other methods, the FBI has an impressive arsenal of tools to track Broadwell’s digital footprints — all without a warrant. On a mere showing of “relevance,” they can obtain a court order for cell phone location records, providing a detailed history of her movements, as well as all people she called. Little wonder that law enforcement requests to cell providers have exploded — with a staggering 1.3 million demands for user data just last year, according to major carriers.

Wow... On the conservative side that's 55 emails per day...

I believe it's because their still sorting through it all, that they list so many. Apparently, they were using unofficial e-mail accounts, created on gmail, just for their personal crap...

I think it's more likely, investigators are sorting through EVERY e-mail on those accounts. not necessarily saying there were that many between them both....

I have 3 e-mail accounts, 1 work, one for online, and 1 for family and friends.... Especially the one for work, I know I get over 50 or 60 a day average, and hit over 100 often... I'd be willing to bet many posters here at PPP have even more accounts....

Again... total they are rummaging through, not the count between the 2....

JMHO

Apparently they were sending messages to each other by saving drafts on their shared e-mail account, so that they didn't have to send them out over the internet to potentially be seen.

ya exactly, but it wasn't as secure as they thought it was. Everything was stored on Google's servers and sent over their network. This whole thing exposed the holes in that trick.

ya exactly, but it wasn't as secure as they thought it was. Everything was stored on Google's servers and sent over their network. This whole thing exposed the holes in that trick.

It's a bit perplexing that the director of the CIA felt this was a reasonable way to 'sneak around.' I tell my 14 yr old all the time....NEVER send/store an email or text message that you don't want the WHOLE WORLD to read.

I am not reading this thread, but for the third day in a row I have watched news and TV, and Petreus makes the top headlines, later on Libaya. What the !@#$ people. Obama is lucky, so many people are lucky that all of this stuff is getting buried by the fluff and spice.

Oh, and she lives in Charlote. To me, I could care less about the affair, he's good at his job...probably not a huge deal, though...

Edited by jboyst62

I am not reading this thread, but for the third day in a row I have watched news and TV, and Petreus makes the top headlines, later on Libaya. What the !@#$ people. Obama is lucky, so many people are lucky that all of this stuff is getting buried by the fluff and spice.

Oh, and she lives in Charlote. To me, I could care less about the affair, he's good at his job...probably not a huge deal, though...

It has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

It's a bit perplexing that the director of the CIA felt this was a reasonable way to 'sneak around.' I tell my 14 yr old all the time....NEVER send/store an email or text message that you don't want the WHOLE WORLD to read.

Funny thing is everyone is worried about cloud security these days, but as you picked up if you're using an external email service (like almost everyone) you're already using a cloud!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack