CIA chief petreus reisgns over affair?

idk whats scarier, the top general in the country thinking that little email trick would protect him, or the puritan bozo public who gives a crap about consenting adults masterbating each other

I vote c), a public that votes based on abortion, gay marriage, and immigration, instead of the economy.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote c), a public that votes based on abortion, gay marriage, and immigration, instead of the economy.

Michael Gerson, former Bush speechwriter opines

Some of the most important intellectual groundwork is needed on the role of government. Mitt Romney had a five-part plan to encourage job creation. He lacked a public philosophy that explained government’s valid role in meeting human needs. Suburban women heard little about improved public education. Single women, particularly single mothers, heard little about their struggles, apart from an off-putting Republican critique of food stamps. Blue-collar workers in, say, Ohio heard little about the unique challenges that face declining industrial communities. Latinos heard little from Republicans about promoting equal opportunity and economic mobility.

Neither a vague, pro-business orientation nor tea party ideology speaks to these Americans — except perhaps to alienate them. Conservatives will need to define a role for government that addresses human needs in effective, market-oriented ways. Americans fear public debt, and they resent intrusive bureaucracies, but they do not hate government.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

Related story:The wife of a high-ranking US general who had an affair said in an interview that military marriages suffered from the protracted US involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.csmonitor...ional-war-wound

Was this General named Franco? Because you do know he's still dead, right? :rolleyes:

Deployed soldiers/sailors often find comfort in the arms of others when they are deployed. And like Petraus' wife, the stay at home spouse knows it

The stay at home spouse often find comfort in the arms of others when their spouse is deployed. And the deployed spouse knows it. I've had a few dates with navy wives and even a couple of dates that ended with oh by the way... :doh:

By the way, whatever happen to "General Betrayus"?

I thought this was the guy who was 'cooking the books' for the Bush Administration in Iraq. Now suddenly every left winger is crying that we cant live without him. The last man in uniform liberals fawned over this much was Richard Gere.

By the way, whatever happen to "General Betrayus"?

I thought this was the guy who was 'cooking the books' for the Bush Administration in Iraq. Now suddenly every left winger is crying that we cant live without him. The last man in uniform liberals fawned over this much was Richard Gere.

Mayo?

• 2 weeks later...

Woodward: Petreus got an offer from FOXNews' Ailes to run a presidential campaign in 2011.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-chiefs-failed-attempt-to-enlist-petraeus-as-presidential-candidate/2012/12/03/15fdcea8-3d77-11e2-a2d9-822f58ac9fd5_story_1.html

McFarland mentioned her conversation with Petraeus in a FoxNews.com piece on April 27, 2011. “Our discussion was off the record, and to respect that I will not quote the general,” she wrote. By that time, it was clear that Petraeus would be nominated as CIA director. “I can’t help thinking that the Obama administration has done something a bit underhanded but politically shrewd by tapping Petraeus for the CIA,” she added, because it would remove him as a “potential rival” in the presidential contest.

Even when someone says they aren't running for president... minds change. The CIA appointment took him out for 2012... and the affair leak from Obama's FBI took him out of the running for everything after. How convenient....

Woodward: Petreus got an offer from FOXNews' Ailes to run a presidential campaign in 2011.

http://www.washingto...d5_story_1.html

Even when someone says they aren't running for president... minds change. The CIA appointment took him out for 2012... and the affair leak from Obama's FBI took him out of the running for everything after. How convenient....

I think the word you are looking for is genius