Krauthammer Blames the Campaign

And credits the Obama campaign.

Especially since he exits polls show the people largely favor "smaller government". :blink: (Then why did you vote for Obama?)

He's hanging this on Romney running a bad campaign. Taking an extreme position on immigration, saying somebody else could have done better with Latinos.

Should have buried Obama with Libya and kept attacking instead of backing off for the last 2 debates...too conservative.

Basically he's saying that the Republicans don't have to change their views on much...just do a better job explaining them.

Who thinks that's right?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially since he exits polls show the people largely favor "smaller government". :blink: (Then why did you vote for Obama?)

He's hanging this on Romney running a bad campaign. Taking an extreme position on immigration, saying somebody else could have done better with Latinos.

Should have buried Obama with Libya and kept attacking instead of backing off for the last 2 debates...too conservative.

Basically he's saying that the Republicans don't have to change their views on much...just do a better job explaining them.

Who thinks that's right?

Sounds like its time for L

The prolonged scorched-earth primary did nothing to help.

The 47% video hurt, even tho people didn't quite get exactly what Romney was saying there... and he could've explained it a lot better. But it still amazes me that public figures, in this day and age, still don't act as if a camera is on them 24/7 because one likely is.

Along with not taking a stronger Libya stance, Romney really whiffed in the debate question about what has been the most mischaracterized thing about him in the campaign. That was the time for a sound byte. That was the time to say, 'You know... Every day I'm getting painted by Obama and the Democrats as something like a cross between Richie Rich and Uncle Scrooge. Well, for one thing, as Ann says, they're more animated than I am. But I fundamentally reject the president's idea that the economy is a zero-sum system and that for someone to have money, others have to be without.... ' Instead, Romney went into something about his religion. Speaking as someone who's supported and respected him for a long time, I literally did a head slap at that answer.

But, would anything have changed if a few things were tweaked? Obama still had the overwhelming advantage of office, a media that is in the bag for him and refuses to ask (or, as "60 Minutes" did, refuses to broadcast until the 11 1/2th hour) tough questions or any of the other reasons gone over on these PPP pages many times. The best chance in the election was to make it about the economy, and Romney was that candidate. Despite all the Intrade odds of 80% chance of Obama reelection, a sacrificial lamb Romney was not, tho. He had a chance but for the same reasons he was picked to fight, he came into the ring with several areas that Obama attacked and got some [cheap] points on. Santorum, Gingrich, or Huntsman would have done better on the economy score? I hardly think so.

Looking ahead, at a quick first-blush glance of the demographics and exit polling, it was a women problem, and a Latino problem. What's the answer? I'm not sure. But any Republican plan going into 2016 ought to include Giv. Susana Martinez (New Mexico) in the equation.

The fact Obama won '08 with 43% of white vote & 40% in '12 shows the demographic shift in the US. Additionally look at the increasing numbers of women winning. The Republicans need to get behind immigration reform, and give up on overturning Roe v Wade, and pay equality for women. They can't win without women, & minorities.

Democrats are always outflanking Republicans as the Tea Party owns the Republican party. Republicans can't win with the Tea Party fringe controlling their primary. Unfortunately the moderate republicans "Eisenhower's" haven't created their own party.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Who thinks that's right?

They need to turn into the party of less taxes not "no taxes." They need to completely ditch the immigration nonsense and abortion issue. And honestly as radical as it sounds if the Dems leave the door open they need to be the party to jump on this states rights issue as per weed and somehow be seen as the "put less black people in jail" party to help get it done.

What would that do to their strong base? IDK. Probably send it into chaos. But is that base going win elections as is in the future? Nope.

Who thinks that's right?

Romney ran a bad campaign, because he was the best candidate of a field of really horrible candidates (Perry, Cain, Bachman, Trump) who really are completely out of touch with the the American public.

Romney didn't gain any traction in the national presidential campaign, until he fibbed his way back to the middle of the Republican party. And, like so many who were sure Romney was going to win said, when it comes down to it, the American people are smart. They know when they are being sold a bill of goods. Charles Kruathammer is in denial. Romneys 47% comments, that, essentially, half the country is made of losers, showed a complete lack of respect and disdain for half of the country.

Republicans get their asses handed to them tonight. This Obama victory was in many ways, much more impressive a feat than the first...If you don't like the results, you really can thank the Tea Party faction of the GOP.

It is funny that Krauthammer says the Republicans lost because the did a poor job of getting their message out. That is exactly what many Dems have been saying about the president.

Blame the voters. The choice for President was an easy one. Half the population is blinded by party loyalty, ignorance or selfishness.

Case in point...

Conservitism is dead as long as it remains liberalism lite.

Another case in point.

Edited by Buftex

How long until Republicans start ripping Romney apart, my reenacting, gun loving brother-in-law is already going on about how what a loser Romney is, a pretty stark change since about 15 hours ago Romney was going to be a wonderful President.

Edited by ....lybob

How long until Republicans start ripping Romney apart, my reenacting, gun loving brother-in-law is already going on about how what a loser Romney is, a pretty stark change since about 15 hours ago Romney was going a wonderful President.

Right. This is reflected in the exit polling - 37% of Romney voters said this was a rebuke of Obama, wheat as 7% of Obama voters were voting due to their anti-Romney stance.

I still say the Republicans can't be the old white man party, and the top 10%.

Right. This is reflected in the exit polling - 37% of Romney voters said this was a rebuke of Obama, wheat as 7% of Obama voters were voting due to their anti-Romney stance.

I immediately dismiss the opinion of any liberal that uses the old white man phrase. Are you sure you didn't mean bitter old white man?

Until the Republicans learn to directly repudiate the ridiculous labels placed on them, they wont win. Romey got nailed with the "47% tape" becuase in its aftermath, he didnt explain those comments and what he meant to the American voter. The "war on women" meme, the same thing. Could it have killed him to have said the day after the debate that clearly he meant "binders full of RESUMES" with a chuckle and nipped that whole thing in the bud? The left painted Romney as a women hating rich jackass and he didnt push back on that once.

The right consistently plays the victim of the bully and until that changes, the votes will continue to go the lefts way.

Then there is the social media and other communication angles. Glenn Beck gave three moving, moving speeches at Freepac conferences recently. CL Bryant, a former NAACP honcho did as well. Now like or hate Beck, the one thing he continues to do correctly is give inspiring speeches to articulate the Conservative message. And Bryant is a former NAACP chief who does the same. I wanted to find the videos on YouTube from those Freepac conferences to share with friends and family. I couldnt. They are not there. Not posted. !@#$ing Van Halen can post vids of their live concerts but one of the biggest Conservative organizations cant figure out how. How does that even happen??!!!??

Long story short....the right's communication strategy is ****.

Edited by RkFast

Until the Republicans learn to directly repudiate the ridiculous labels placed on them, they wont win. Romey got nailed with the "47% tape" becuase in its aftermath, he didnt explain himself and what he meant to the American voter. The "ware on women" meme, the same thing. Could it have killed him to have said the day after the debate that clearly he meant "binders full of RESUMES" and nipped that whole thing in the bud?

The right consistently plays the victim of the bully and until that changes, the votes will continue to go the lefts way.

Then there is the social media and other communication angles. Glenn Beck gave three moving, moving speeches at Freepac conferences recently. CL Bryant, a former NAACP honcho did as well. Now like or hate Beck, the one thing he continues to do correctly is give inspiring speeches to articulate the Conservative message. And Bryant is a former NAACP chief who does the same. I wanted to find the videos on YouTube from those Freepac conferences to share with friends and family. I couldnt. They are not there. Not posted. !@#$ing Van Halen can post vids of their live concerts but one of the biggest Conservative organizations cant figure out how. How does that even happen??!!!??

Long story short....the right's communication strategy is ****.

How are they supposed to/can they communicate it?

this...the scenes from romney hq last night were almost a parody of themselves. there aren't enough old white men to win a national election and THAT is sure to get worse (from doc's and other repubs perspective). white men voted in the mid 60's for romney....and it wasn't nor will it ever be, enough.

this...the scenes from romney hq last night were almost a parody of themselves. there aren't enough old white men to win a national election and THAT is sure to get worse (from doc's and other repubs perspective). white men voted in the mid 60's for romney....and it wasn't nor will it ever be, enough.

So 56 million old white men voted for Romney? Not a single woman ? No one young? Latino? Black? But I Guess thats not going to stop you from spewing your self righteous pating yourself on the back for hating whites..

'