If bills only win 1 or 2 more games does Buddy get fired?

freester

Doubt he gets fired...maybe he gets pushed aside a bit to let Whaley begin to run the show..sort of like what they did with Modrak in Nix's first draft-they fired him shortly thereafter. That guy hung on for YEARS!

When Ralph hired Nix and Gailey it seemed pretty clear that "This was it", and that he didnt have the time, or patience to begin and start over again, and they he would essentially ride these two guys into the sunset.

Truth be told -they are not that far away from being a contender, but our QB and coaching are holding us back-Ralph doesnt need a total re-build. He needs to hire Polian as a consultant (Like Parcells in Dallas and Miami)-Let Polian bring in a new coach-Dungy, get a serviceable veteran QB-Mike Vick, and draft a qb at top of 2013 draft, and we would be on our way.

Doubt he gets fired...maybe he gets pushed aside a bit to let Whaley begin to run the show..sort of like what they did with Modrak in Nix's first draft-they fired him shortly thereafter. That guy hung on for YEARS!

When Ralph hired Nix and Gailey it seemed pretty clear that "This was it", and that he didnt have the time, or patience to begin and start over again, and they he would essentially ride these two guys into the sunset.

Truth be told -they are not that far away from being a contender, but our QB and coaching are holding us back-Ralph doesnt need a total re-build. He needs to hire Polian as a consultant (Like Parcells in Dallas and Miami)-Let Polian bring in a new coach-Dungy, get a serviceable veteran QB-Mike Vick, and draft a qb at top of 2013 draft, and we would be on our way.

We are nowhere near being a contender. We are just a Peyton Manning and Patrick Willis away. We will be lucky if we wi another game. The

QB prospects in the draft are iffy. There are no sure things.

I could see Whaley taking over. Maybe Polian comes back but I doubt it, and I'm not sure I would want him. He did a terrible job in Indy the last few years he was there.

Nix hasn't done a good job with anything but the OL, he should go IMO but I'm not sure he will.

Is there any scenario that Buddy gets fired after this year? Its obvious Chan isn't going anywhere and Wanstaadt probably stays as well The only hope for change is if Buddy is gone.

Only if new ownership takes over, then everyone from the front office & coaching staff are all gone. Why keep any of these losers for continuity? Clean house & don't forget to change the name of the stadium.

I wish people would stop suggesting that Polian be brought back.

The only reason Polian wants another GM job it to get his son hired and set up as his heir apparent. He had this set in Indy before Irsay dumped both of them. Buffalo already has this set up. When Nix goes, Whalley steps in. That is unless the team has a new owner by then (one way or another) and the new owner brings in an entirely new front office.

I wish people would stop suggesting that Polian be brought back.

The only reason Polian wants another GM job it to get his son hired and set up as his heir apparent. He had this set in Indy before Irsay dumped both of them. Buffalo already has this set up. When Nix goes, Whalley steps in. That is unless the team has a new owner by then (one way or another) and the new owner brings in an entirely new front office.

Polian built a 2-14 team that was made off on player. I'm just guessing here, but if Nix got to draft Luck or Manning, he would be a better GM. As much as this season has been a kick in the balls, this is the most talented roster we have had in almost 10 years. Nix and company deserve credit for that. That said, I'd love to see Whaley get the job fulltime and try to hire is own coach.

No way. It's obvious this team has WAY more talent than when Buddy got here. We have an issue with the QB and the defensive scheme. Talent doesn't seem to be an issue.

I totally agree with you. You can point to any GM and they've drafted or brought in guys that haven't worked out. He's done a good job. It's time for the players and coaches to get it done.

But it comes down to the old adage, if you don't have a great QB, you don't have jack crap. I don't care who your linebackers are or your safeties, if your QB isn't really good, you're in trouble. I know there's obviously exceptions, but that's by in large correct.

A contender? The Bills are without a single linebacker worth his check. They have ONE receiver and he's been absent for most of the year. They need safety's, a couple of corners, a tight end, most important a viable NFL quality quarterback. And depth everywhere but running back But wait some want Fred Ex cut or reassigned to clean up duty.

But Polian is on his way to save the day. LOL. How crazy is it going to get after game 16? Mike Vick a serviceable QB? What? Coach Dungy? WOW. I apologize if I missed the sarcasm in your post.