Bills Vs Jags Dec. 2nd

swimtoga

Good Morning Everyone, I do not usually post that often but I have a few questions I was wondering somebody could answer for me. My wife and I are coming to Buffalo from Baltimore for her first home Bills game on Dec 2nd. I am not from Buffalo (From Albany area) so I do not know my way around. We’re flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Hyatt downtown. Is there a bus/train/shuttle that runs from the airport to the downtown area? From the downtown area to the Stadium? From the Stadium to the airport? Our return flight is at 7:20 PM, do you think we will have enough time to get from the stadium to airport, if we stay for the whole game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Cab from airport to downtown, can from downtown to stadium and cab from stadium to airport. Yes you will have enough time. Shouldn't be any problem at all honestly. Besides, there shouldn't be any traffic because well be out of every race except the one for the first pick in the draft by then. Shouldn't be sold out.

And grats on coming for your first Bills game.

Depending on what you like there's a ton.

Steak- Buffalo Chop House- very expensive prolly close to $200 for the 2 of you with appetizers, drinks and deserts. Great steak tho.

Chefs- famous for the Spaghetti Parm. Absolutely amazing. Get the Parm and get it extra toasted. Very inexpensive and delicious. I take all out of towners here.

Fat Bobs- if you want Ribs and BBQ this is the place for you. Absolutely great and very affordable.

Anchor Bar- original home of Wings. Duffs are better honestly but you go to Anchor bar just to say you've been there and they aren't bad either. Duffs is in the burbs.

Jim's Steak out- if you want drunk good after being out on Chippawa until 4am this is your best bet. They are open until 5 and my recommendations are either the Steak Hoagy, Chicken Finger Sub, or you can get both when you order "The Stinger". Just get the Stinger you won't regret it.

Chippewa has some great spots too

Papaya- kind of an Asian themed place but serve lots of everything. Kind of like an expensive Chinese takeout place. Not too expensive tho. Only been here a few times.

Chocolate Bar- drinks and deserts. Not sure if they serve food.

If I think if more ill let you know. Chefs would be my must do if I was coming in from put of town. When I lived and Vegas to come home I'd always want a night at Chefs. Or lunch. Either way your good.

Just curious but why no rental car? It's honestly the best way to do it. Bus prolly gets you there but I wouldn't recommend it. Would be more time on transit than anything. Just rent a compact car. Cheap and prolly the best option. If you do that, it also opens up your options as to where to eat for great Buffalo food. Let me know if you decide that ill give you some more spots.

We really should pin a thread like this. Dont forget about Ted's!

yes we should. Maybe tonight when I get out of work ill make one up and the mods can pin it.

I wasn't but he asked for downtown. I was gonna make sure he got the Teds, Duffs, Mighty Taco type places in the burbs if he gets a car.

Edited by mrags

They might JJ. Not sure. My guess is they do but I've never had to make that trip so I wouldn't know. I have stated at the Hyatt a few times but since I live here I just drive there.

I'd still rent a car if coming from out of town tho. The downtown scene isn't anything like your going to experience in a city like Baltimore. IMO the Suburbs is where the best places to go are. But I'm not much of a city person.

O i didnt read the downtown part. I used to live in Amherst thats why I said Teds

Grew up in Amherst. Lived there or within a 7 minute drive from there my whole life. Absolutely love it. The options you have there outway the City IMO.

Well, I have to head into work now. Very excited to see how this thread progresses. See you all when I get done fighting crime. Like I said, maybe when I get out ill start that master thread of Buffalo places to visit.

Thanks Everyone. I didn't get a rental because we both plan on doing some drinking, not sloppy drunk but enough to where we shouldn't be driving. I'm flying in from Baltimore not Albany so that drive would be brutal.

Depending on what you like there's a ton.

Steak- Buffalo Chop House- very expensive prolly close to $200 for the 2 of you with appetizers, drinks and deserts. Great steak tho.

Chefs- famous for the Spaghetti Parm. Absolutely amazing. Get the Parm and get it extra toasted. Very inexpensive and delicious. I take all out of towners here.

Fat Bobs- if you want Ribs and BBQ this is the place for you. Absolutely great and very affordable.

Anchor Bar- original home of Wings. Duffs are better honestly but you go to Anchor bar just to say you've been there and they aren't bad either. Duffs is in the burbs.

Jim's Steak out- if you want drunk good after being out on Chippawa until 4am this is your best bet. They are open until 5 and my recommendations are either the Steak Hoagy, Chicken Finger Sub, or you can get both when you order "The Stinger". Just get the Stinger you won't regret it.

Chippewa has some great spots too

Papaya- kind of an Asian themed place but serve lots of everything. Kind of like an expensive Chinese takeout place. Not too expensive tho. Only been here a few times.

Chocolate Bar- drinks and deserts. Not sure if they serve food.

If I think if more ill let you know. Chefs would be my must do if I was coming in from put of town. When I lived and Vegas to come home I'd always want a night at Chefs. Or lunch. Either way your good.

Just curious but why no rental car? It's honestly the best way to do it. Bus prolly gets you there but I wouldn't recommend it. Would be more time on transit than anything. Just rent a compact car. Cheap and prolly the best option. If you do that, it also opens up your options as to where to eat for great Buffalo food. Let me know if you decide that ill give you some more spots.

Pretty pathetic list of places to dine. Only thing worse than Buffalo's restaurants are its hotels.

only thing I would ask is where do you get a cab after the game? I have never done that..are there plenty to go around?

I would second the rental car part. I am pretty sure on priceline you could get a small car for $ 15/day plau tax. Get downtown and you can then cab from there. Game daydrive to EC lot, tailgate a bit, experience the lot a bit etc. I mean you can buy one of those disposable grills for $10.

Guess if you took a cab could bring a six pack with you and just walk around the various lots and make new friends..pretty easy to do!

Getting out of this lot is quite easy and insures you get to airport on time.

I would think you could flip a coin..loser has to stop drinking at halftime and get some cokes etc.

Edited by plenzmd1

I'm also not from WNY, and I always rent a car when I visit for games.

If you take a cab to the game, what would you do with your luggage while you're at the stadium?

Rental car gives you a place for your luggage, a base of operations for tailgating, many more options for food/entertainment, and an easier time in general. Car rental will probably cost much less than your weekend cab total anyway.

Good Morning Everyone, I do not usually post that often but I have a few questions I was wondering somebody could answer for me. My wife and I are coming to Buffalo from Baltimore for her first home Bills game on Dec 2nd. I am not from Buffalo (From Albany area) so I do not know my way around. We’re flying in Saturday morning and staying at the Hyatt downtown. Is there a bus/train/shuttle that runs from the airport to the downtown area? From the downtown area to the Stadium? From the Stadium to the airport? Our return flight is at 7:20 PM, do you think we will have enough time to get from the stadium to airport, if we stay for the whole game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Cab to hammer'lot, he would probably let you put your luggage in his shed if you sent him a PM.

You could tailgate with Kenny and see his car or see other TBD people.

If the wife and I go to the game you could put your luggage in our car. Will make up our mind in a few weeks. If the wife and I stay down town you would be more than welcome to hitch a ride to Hammer's with us.

You have to go to Anchor Bar just because it is a must see if never been. Best to cab it. Good for lunch.

Pearl street Grill because it has a lot of character and some good food and beer. Walking distance. Prices are not bad.

If you are at the Hyatt you can do EB Greens . Right at the Hyatt. Steak house.

Gaberiel's gate. good place.