Aaron Williams injury status?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if we are lucky Aaron Williams will be hurt for the rest of the season. I mean i dont hate the guy or anything but i am a better corner than him. he hasnt been able to stop anyone this season and is a detriment to our already terrible defense, i feel it would be in the best interest of the Bills to release him because either way we are wasting our money on him

I still hold out hope for Williams. He has the physical ability. He was with Andre Johnson with him when he was beat, he did not turn quickly enough. That is where he will have to improve if he wants to stay on the field or the team.

Stanford Routt (who the Bills tried to sign) is now available if Williams goes on the IR.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/chiefs-cut-stanford-routt/

Edited by Peter

Our year is already in the crapper. Might as well still have Williams in there learning assuming he is able to play. Then next year if he still sucks then they can't say it's because he's a young player without a lot of experience, it will be because he just can't cover anybody and was a complete bust of a pick (which I believe is the case)

Maybe Ron Brooks would be an excellent choice, but anyone other than Williams. Im sure we can resign mike jasper he could do at least as good as williams

It seems as though we are going to find out about Ron Brooks soon enough. My recollection, however, is that he played the slot receiver mostly in college as a result of LSU's strength at the corner position.

I think the A Williams at CB experiment is over. It's time to try the A Williams at S experiment. Many scouts thought he was well suited for the position coming out of Texas. But that may be a moot point depending on the severity of his injury.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Maybe Ron Brooks would be an excellent choice, but anyone other than Williams. Im sure we can resign mike jasper he could do at least as good as williams

I would like to see what Brooks could do, but at 5-10 he is in that smurf mode that Catavolos seems to have the scouts target.

Gilmore is the real deal and although he did get run over on one play by Andre Johnson, it's Andre freaking Johnson. Andre is freakishly big and strong for a receiver and some of us remember how he B word-slapped the Titan's Cortland Finnegan into submission. Other than Andre strong-arming Gilmore out of the way, I thought that Stephon did a good job staying in his back pocket and keeping his receptions to a minimum.

Now if we just had a safety or linebacker who could cover Tight Ends releasing off the line after a naked bootleg, the same play used 4X against us to success.

Maybe if we are lucky Aaron Williams will be hurt for the rest of the season. I mean i dont hate the guy or anything but i am a better corner than him. he hasnt been able to stop anyone this season and is a detriment to our already terrible defense, i feel it would be in the best interest of the Bills to release him because either way we are wasting our money on him

Already started talking about this earlier today: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/152207-aaron-williams-injury-status/

I thought that Stephon did a good job staying in his back pocket and keeping his receptions to a minimum.

Yea he was able to stay near him because he was playing 5 yards off of him at all times. True, he never got beat long. But I recall a 3rd and 2 where Gilmore was like 10 yards down the field off the line of scrimmage, no joke! Johnson took like 2 steps and turned around and got a first down and I think that's when I threw something and scared the dog lol

Edited by kdiggz

I thought about them, but I don't know how to separate players on the O-Line. I also don't think they are playing as good as they were at the beginning of the season.

Glenn & Urbik just came back this week, plus Hairston shifted from LT to RT, plus they faced a ferocious Texans pass rush, so with all things considered, I'd say they played good considering the circumstances.

While Drayton Florence was bad last year, he was still better than Aaron Williams. Letting Florence go, and going with two rookies in the backfield [Gilmore & Williams] was a monumental blunder by the coaching staff.

Maybe Aaron Williams won't work out, but considering the quick bust labelwe put on CJ Spiller I would think it's worth giving the guy a chance to develop.

Normally, I tend to agree with this and I seldom, if ever, use the term bust. But whereas Spiller showed several signs of his innate abilities his first season, A Williams has shown very little. It's one thing to struggle, quite another to be the target of the opposing teams' game plan. To be torched for 5 opposing scores in 7 games heading into yesterday shouldn't be ignored.

I would only add that anyone happy about A Williams getting injured and being removed from the lineup as a result, should have their fan card revoked.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea he was able to stay near him because he was playing 5 yards off of him at all times. True, he never got beat long. But I recall a 3rd and 2 where Gilmore was like 10 yards down the field off the line of scrimmage, no joke! Johnson took like 2 steps and turned around and got a first down and I think that's when I threw something and scared the dog lol

I give the rookie a pass on that, he had no help over top and playing a really strong WR... he played it a bit safe and got burnt.

I think the A Williams at CB experiment is over. It's time to try the A Williams at S experiment. Many scouts thought he was well suited for the position coming out of Texas. But that may be a moot point depending on the severity of his injury.

GO BILLS!!!

With regard to the safety position...anyone else notice that we saw a lot more of Searcy yesterday, and a lot less of George Wilson?