Impossibly Hard Bills Trivia (Can you score a perfect 21 points?)

Seeing as how I didn't have a column for the Bye week, I decided to put together some Bills trivia to get you ready for a return to action this Sunday. Most of the questions center on the Super Bowl teams from the '90s.

How well do you know the Bills? Time to find out.

Perfect score is 21 - Post your score below - no cheating.

http://niagarahub.fatcow.com/category/nfl-football/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite sure that the answer to # 15 is not Bucky Brooks

It is Bill Brooks, not Bucky. on the last super bowl.

8 for me, in light of typo of wrong super where i guessed reed that means 9.

Edited by justnzane

9. I'd like to give myself 9.5 because I knew the DC for the Super Bowl teams but not the nickname, though I figure that's common knowledge enough that maybe I should just get a 9. And the correct answer for the Plan B LB (#9) was my second guess, so I was a little cheesed about not getting that one.

At any rate, thanks for the trivia. I was watching the 1994 Sabres-Devils Hannan game on MSG, and I had a minor crisis because I didn't recognize #10 as Hawerchuk. But at least I can go to bed tonight knowing that I'm a respectable Buffalo sports fan.

Good eye - it should be Super Bowl XXVIII. Thanks for catching the typo - will be amended soon.

I got a 15...but should have been a 16...Bills leading receiver in Super Bowl 27 was Andre Reed. I knew it was wrong, cuz Bill Brooks (not Bucky) was one of my favorite Bills, and way under appreciated! Bucky was drafted as a CB, and tried to convert to WR when he went to, I believe, the Panthers.

Also, I might be wrong on this, but I believe Scott Norwood "played" for the New Jersey Generals as well as the Birmingham Stallions...if I recall, he signed with them, before the league folded. So, technically he never played for them, but was a member of the squad, along with Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie...the team owned by Donald Trump.

5, im also 19 and never saw the superbowl teams so I consider that pretty decent for as hard as that was.

Funny, if the questions had been about the last 12 years or so, I would have bombed...I can't remember what happened with this team just last year, without a lot of effort, but those Super Bowl era teams are etched in my mind forever...and I grew up hearing so much about the AFL teams (I am 47), that I feel like I saw them. Post Wade Phillips though, it is all a long, nightmarish, blur.

I got a 15...but should have been a 16...Bills leading receiver in Super Bowl 27 was Andre Reed. I knew it was wrong, cuz Bill Brooks (not Bucky) was one of my favorite Bills, and way under appreciated! Bucky was drafted as a CB, and tried to convert to WR when he went to, I believe, the Panthers.

I'm pretty sure that Bucky Brooks was drafted as a speed wr then later converted to db since he couldn't catch.

Bill Brooks' two 3rd down drops in XXVIII scuttled two Buffalo drives in Dallas territory. I can never forgive him for that. I do give him props for those huge twisted fingers.