Report: Obama Watched Benghazi Attack From 'Situation Room'

RkFast

Everybody belongs above politically motivated conspiracy theories against any president. I'm certainly no opposer of criticism and skepticism but this circus is act 2 of fast and furious desperately trying to find anything that supports the natural conclusion that Obama is personally liable of national shame and impeachment. Tom is above this. B/c he chooses to be.

Someone turned their backs on Americans under attack who requested aid. That is a fact. Those who wanted to help were told to stand down. That is also a fact. A youtube video was blamed for this attack for two weeks after, even though those saying such things knew that was untrue. That is a fact.

If you and Tom want to remain above this, that's fine. Me, I want answers and I want the people responsible held accountable.

Edited by wnyguy

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following link is only for the crazy people who don't see the four dead Americans in Benghazi as a joke.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/libya-storyline-still-crumbling/2012/11/01/ec0b305c-2419-11e2-9313-3c7f59038d93_blog.html

The U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” less than a month before the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a “coordinated attack” . . . .

Just another bump in the road.

Wow. News reporting Obama on the campaign trail today telling everyone in Wisconsin that "Al Qaeda is decimated."

There are four dead Americans who think otherwise, but hey...that's just a stupid story. Al Qaeda really is decimated because, y'know, we say so.

Hehe, he's had to go to Wisconsin because it is so close.

Could not be reached for comment.............................

4-dead-in-benghazi-270x300.png

I was going to post their names, but I think the photos are more appropriate.

Hehe, he's had to go to Wisconsin because it is so close.

No, he is just shoring up the base.

If you're one of those people who still thinks the Benghazi story is a joke, then you should read this article from Foreign Policy, cuz it's a real knee-slapper. I mean, if I had a nickel for every time a reporter walked into the compound where terrorists murdered four Americans six whole weeks AFTER the event, and found sensitive docs of a victim warning of "troubling" surveillance...why I'd be filled with change.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/11/01/troubling_surveillance_before_benghazi_attack?page=0,0&ASFSFASDFsd=

If you're one of those people who still thinks the Benghazi story is a joke, then you should read this article from Foreign Policy, cuz it's a real knee-slapper. I mean, if I had a nickel for every time a reporter walked into the compound where terrorists murdered four Americans six whole weeks AFTER the event, and found sensitive docs of a victim warning of "troubling" surveillance...why I'd be filled with change.

http://www.foreignpo...,0&ASFSFASDFsd=

Does anyone really think that Benghazi is a joke?

And more funny stuff from CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.c...tack/?tag=socsh

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

"The CSG is the one group that's supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies," a high-ranking government official told CBS News. "They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon."

Information shared with CBS News from top counterterrorism sources in the government and military reveal keen frustration over the U.S. response on Sept. 11, the night ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed in a coordinated attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

Man, this whole thing is a yuckaminute. Good thing it never kept Obama from his Vegas trip, because that would have been the REAL disaster.

Maybe not a joke, just a non-issue made up by wacko right wingers.

And more funny stuff from CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.c...tack/?tag=socsh

Man, this whole thing is a yuckaminute. Good thing it never kept Obama from his Vegas trip, because that would have been the REAL disaster.

In an incredible turnabout, CBS news joins the ranks of right wing news outlets.

"We've seen our declining ratings, and we plan to re-capture our viewers from a certain cable channel".

:lol:

The WP editorial calling out the media this past weekend...is beginning to have an effect.

Wow. News reporting Obama on the campaign trail today telling everyone in Wisconsin that "Al Qaeda is decimated."

There are four dead Americans who think otherwise, but hey...that's just a stupid story. Al Qaeda really is decimated because, y'know, we say so.

Obama was simply referring to the origin of the term 'decimation', where the Roman army would kill one out of every ten men as a disciplinary tool. What he was actually saying is that we've killed 10% of al Qaeda. It's your fault for not understanding his evolving meaning/position/opinion.

Edited by Koko78

The Benghazi Drip-Drip-Drip

FTA:

ABC News broke some stories on this, ranging from a security team being denied continued use of an airplane its commander wanted to keep in country to better do his job; to the security team leaving Libya before Ambassador Stevens wanted it to.

Fox News Channel’s Catherine Herridge last night reported on a newly discovered cable indicating that in August, less than a month before the attack, the diplomatic post in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” concerned about local Al Qaeda training camps. Said the cable: “RSO (Regional Security Officer) expressed concerns with the ability to defend Post in the event of a coordinated attack due to limited manpower, security measures, weapons capabilities, host nation support, and the overall size of the compound.”

The cable stated that “In light of the uncertain security environment, US Mission Benghazi will submit specific requests to US Embassy Tripoli for additional physical security upgrades and staffing needs by separate cover.”

The State Department’s comment to Fox: “An independent board is conducting a thorough review of the assault on our post in Benghazi. Once we have the board’s comprehensive account of what happened, findings and recommendations, we can fully address these matters.”

It was the exact same statement given to ABC News earlier in the month about a different revelation.

This afternoon, journalists Harald Doornbos and Jenan Moussa in Foreign Policy Magazine reported that when they arrived at the compound in Benghazi on October 26 they found “several ash-strewn documents beneath rubble in the looted Tactical Operations Center, one of the four main buildings of the partially destroyed compound. Some of the documents — such as an email from Stevens to his political officer in Benghazi and a flight itinerary sent to Sean Smith, a U.S. diplomat slain in the attack — are clearly marked as State Department correspondence. Others are unsigned printouts of messages to local and national Libyan authorities. The two unsigned draft letters are both dated Sept. 11 and express strong fears about the security situation at the compound on what would turn out to be a tragic day. They also indicate that Stevens and his team had officially requested additional security at the Benghazi compound for his visit — and that they apparently did not feel it was being provided.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/the-benghazi-drip-drip-drip/

And now here comes Jake Tapper with ABC News. Gosh darn, this joke of a story won't go away.

http://abcnews.go.co...drip-drip-drip/

And the Las Vegas Review Journal, which endorsed Obama in 2008, drills into the Benghazi joke story and insists...

This administration is an embarrassment on foreign policy and incompetent at best on the economy - though a more careful analysis shows what can only be a perverse and willful attempt to destroy our prosperity.

And concluding...

These behaviors go far beyond "spin." They amount to a pack of lies. To return to office a narcissistic amateur who seeks to ride this nation's economy and international esteem to oblivion, like Slim Pickens riding the nuclear bomb to its target at the end of the movie "Dr. Strangelove," would be disastrous.

http://www.lvrj.com/...-176736441.html