OK, I never do this, but... 2013 NFL draft

It seems as if the Bills are going to have 2 options: trade up to draft a Geno Smith or a Matt Barkley or draft a 2nd tier type of QB (see: Locker, Ponder, Dalton, Losman, et al), which is more of a 50/50 proposition. I guess I'm calling on the draft experts here, but I guess there are two ways of thinking: 1) you need to get a surefire prospect like an Andrew Luck or an RGIII at any cost or 2) you draft a hulking LB in the first round and then trade up to get a Tyler Bray at the end of the 1st/early 2nd.

I've always been a type 1, but I could be persuaded. I think I'd be happy with a hulking LB from the SEC with a fraternity symbol branded on his arm and Tyler Bray.

Couple notes here: I realize Luck is a once-a-generation prospect and neither Geno Smith or Barkley fit that bill. You don't have to tell me.

And also, the Bills are going to end up winning 6 games, and drafting around 10 as per usual, so let's base it off of that assumption.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they had a little story about aj mccarron

http://sportsillustr...8533/index.html today.

todd mcshay?? pointed out how quick he gets rid of the ball, putting a nice spin on it. has become more than a game manager this season. also no INTs so far.

but a junior. as is bray, who btw insists on overthrowing wide open receivers today.

so, we may have to wait to see who declares before we try to trade up :D

but i´d be very happy with geno.....

Edited by playman

they had a little story about aj mccarron

http://sportsillustr...8533/index.html today.

todd mcshay?? pointed out how quick he gets rid of the ball, putting a nice spin on it. has become more than a game manager this season. also no INTs so far.

but a junior. as is bray, who btw insists on overthrowing wide open receivers today.

so, we may have to wait to see who declares before we try to trade up :D

but i´d be very happy with geno.....

I'm all about Tyler Bray. He's missed a few, but he is big, agile and has a freaking cannon. He's also made some great throws today as well.

Keep an eye on guys like Mike Glennon (NC St.), Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, and Aaron Murray. I really believe that there is some good depth to this QB class beyond Smith/Barkley.

The only QB in this class who I would consider "giving away the farm" for is Geno Smith. I would much prefer, however, to take a stud LB in round one (Manti Te'o), and then perhaps trade back into round 1 for a QB (or take on in round 2).

Couple notes here: I realize Luck is a once-a-generation prospect and neither Geno Smith or Barkley fit that bill. You don't have to tell me.

Luck may be the better "prospect", but we have no idea who will be the better NFL QB. It's impossible to pick that. Just look around the NFL. Two of the best QBs in the NFL (Brady, Rodgers) were hardly considered can't miss, one in a lifetime prospects.

historically, the success rate of Qbs by rd goes as follows:

rd 1: 50%

rd 2: 33%

rd3-7: 15%

undrafted: 2%

Its not difficult to figure out, 1st rd QB's are most likely to succeed. Do your homework, trust the scouts to look for the right things, and take a QB early.

I'm all about Tyler Bray. He's missed a few, but he is big, agile and has a freaking cannon. He's also made some great throws today as well.

I don't think Tyler Bray is coming out in 2013.

Tyler Wilson would be the 3rd QB off the Board in 2013.

After the Patriots game the Bills' schedule gets way easier. If they are just too morally rapped after getting blown out two more times. @Texans and @Patriots and they just quit on the second half of the season they may actually be able to draft Geno or Barkley based on their draft position.

If they do get a second wind and draft in the teens Tyler Wilson will likely bet there.

Edited by Why So Serious?

ALWAYS go for the best rated players at the top of the draft. If we end up picking 10th I'm not sure we'd have the juice to trade up for a Geno Smith, who I would take over Barkley every time. We need to finish with the 6th pick or higher to have a chance and even that might not be enough depending on who finishes ahead of us.

Absent that, take a lower round project later on but be sure to get the LBs we need for the defense in the meantime.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think Tyler Bray is coming out in 2013.

Tyler Wilson would be the 3rd QB off the Board in 2013.

After the Patriots game the Bills' schedule gets way easier. If they are just too morally rapped after getting blown out two more times. @Texans and @Patriots and they just quit on the second half of the season they may actually be able to draft Geno or Barkley based on their draft position.

If they do get a second wind and draft in the teens Tyler Wilson will likely bet there.

I would be absolutely thrilled with Tyler Wilson. Has all the tools (although his mobility is not great), but plays on a really bad team. IMO, the 2nd best passer in this class.