I'm not saying Marcell is a bust but...

Earlier this week Marcel stopped by my wife's employer. I happenend to be there and was able to overhear the conversations he had with a few people. In summary this is what he said:

- he is a very proud father and lit up with joy when talking about his child.

- the impact of losing his brother is obvious. He said he is still dealing with it and is having a difficult time.

On football:

- He is very frustrated with his own play and is aware of the fans displeasure. He didn't blame anyone and took responsibilty. He is frustrated because he is double teamed on almost every play. He feels like the defensive schemes are geared towards the veterans on the ends and he has to put his time in (not sure what he meant by this). He said the defensive scheme is predictable to opposing teams. He doesn't think the talents of the line are being utilized correcty, specificlly his own talents. He does what he is told to do by the coach and that is to plug the middle for the def ends.

-He said the coaches, all of them, know they are all on the hot seat.

Take this for what it is worth. My take is he is a young KID going through some tough times right now and is frustrated with the defensive scheme. Unfortunately I think it all comes down to his comment about the defense being predictable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything else youd like to share with us, nostradamus?

Like I said way upthread, these arguments are completely futile. I just don't understand it. If people need to come right out and say Buddy screwed the pooch, then just come right out and say it. In the meantime, we have a talented kid 23 games into his career dealing with a huge personal issue and is playing below his capability. Proclaiming him a bust or a wasted pick at this point is not only futile, it's short-sighted.

GO BILLS!!!

Like I said way upthread, these arguments are completely futile. I just don't understand it. If people need to come right out and say Buddy screwed the pooch, then just come right out and say it. In the meantime, we have a talented kid 23 games into his career dealing with a huge personal issue and is playing below his capability. Proclaiming him a bust or a wasted pick at this point is not only futile, it's short-sighted.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately, as Bills fans, the "what if" game is about all we've got at this point.

Unfortunately, as Bills fans, the "what if" game is about all we've got at this point.

I disagree. We also have the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" game when the "what if" game gets old. We are all time champs at those games.

GO BILLS!!!

Earlier this week Marcel stopped by my wife's employer. I happenend to be there and was able to overhear the conversations he had with a few people. In summary this is what he said:

- the impact of losing his brother is obvious. He said he is still dealing with it and is having a difficult time.

On football:

- He is very frustrated with his own play and is aware of the fans displeasure. He didn't blame anyone and took responsibilty. He is frustrated because he is double teamed on almost every play. He feels like the defensive schemes are geared towards the veterans on the ends and he has to put his time in (not sure what he meant by this). He said the defensive scheme is predictable to opposing teams. He doesn't think the talents of the line are being utilized correcty, specificlly his own talents. He does what he is told to do by the coach and that is to plug the middle for the def ends.

Take this for what it is worth. My take is he is a young KID going through some tough times right now and is frustrated with the defensive scheme. Unfortunately I think it all comes down to his comment about the defense being predictable.

The problem with the predictability argument is that the offense will also attack in a predictable manor. That's when players who play fast start jumping routes with success, which is the idea. When 7 and 8 guys drop back on 3rd and long it should be to the defenses advantage. We have nothing at LB, a secondary that doesn't trust what it sees yet, and DEs that can't beat the man in front of them.

The problem with the predictability argument is that the offense will also attack in a predictable manor. That's when players who play fast start jumping routes with success, which is the idea. When 7 and 8 guys drop back on 3rd and long it should be to the defenses advantage. We have nothing at LB, a secondary that doesn't trust what it sees yet, and DEs that can't beat the man in front of them.

Finally!

GO BILLS!!!

In a few weeks he'll go up against Mike Pouncey who may be the best center in the league. Dareus destroyed Mike and his brother Maurkice when he played for the Tide. Can't wait to watch the matchup. IF Dareus has trouble you know it's the scheme/coaching.

You can't go from dominating to getting creamed in 2 years.

I wonder if fans in Carolina are having the same reaction to Cam? is he a bust? The GM for the Panthers just got fired, what message does that send?

In Marcells case i do not think his brothers murder helped anything. Depression is very real and very tough to deal with. Not sure if Marcell is depressed, but i know i would be if my sibling was just murdered. I hope the big guy gets his head and heart in a happier place. Last year he seemed like he was going to be a leader and great player for this team for years to come.

On football:

Thanks for the post. All of these things point to his sophomore slump, when gets over his brothers death and we get a decent DC he will be awesome again.