I'm not saying Marcell is a bust but...

Every time I look at the 1st round in the 2011 draft I throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm not ready to believe that this young man can't be a difference maker but if you look at the list and the guys we had a shot at that are making a big impact every Sunday in the NFL, you probably will too,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/index

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I look at the 1st round in the 2011 draft I throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm not ready to believe that this young man can't be a difference maker but if you look at the list and the guys we had a shot at that are making a big impact every Sunday in the NFL, you probably will too,

Your over reacting sir, take a breath

Off the top of my head, there are at least seven players selected after marcel that would have been better picks. How is the orignal post an over-reaction?

Off the top of my head, there are at least seven players selected after marcel that would have been better picks. How is the orignal post an over-reaction?

Stop it. Even with your math, which probably includes guys like Christian Ponder, everyone from that class is unproven.There is nothing to suggest that Dareus is a bust (which, because of, and not in spite of, the OP's thread title, is EXACTLY he was suggesting), much less that he was drafted too early, at this point in his career or in the career of anyone else in the 2011 draft class.

In hind sight (right this moment) I'd take JJ Watt or Pat Peterson over MD...Von Miller was off the board so he doesn't factor into this at all. But MD may explode with containment, pressure, sacks at any moment so I'm ok with the pick...I'll revisit this issue next year after games 1-7.

Stop it. Even with your math, which probably includes guys like Christian Ponder, everyone from that class is unproven.There is nothing to suggest that Dareus is a bust (which, because of, and not in spite of, the OP's thread title, is EXACTLY he was suggesting), much less that he was drafted too early, at this point in his career or in the career of anyone else in the 2011 draft class.

No, I was not thinking of Ponder, but now that you mention it . . . .

Not sure how you can say "there is nothing to suggest that Dareus is a bust." There is actually quite a bit of evidence that he is headed to Bustville, namely the first seven games of this season and the oveall lack of impact he had last year. That is certainly not "nothing". In the meantime, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Julius Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, and Kerrigan are well on their way to establishing themselves as perrenial Pro Bowl players. Time to face the facts. Care to argue any of the above named players?

Edited by mannc

No, I was not thinking of Ponder, but now that you mention it . . . .

Not sure how you can say "there is nothing to suggest that Dareus is a bust." There is actually quite a bit of evidence that he is headed to Bustville, namely the first seven games of this season and the oveall lack of impact he had last year. That is certainly not "nothing". In the meantime, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Julius Jones, Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, and Kerrigan are well on their way to establishing themselves as perrenial Pro Bowl players. Time to face the facts. Care to argue any of the above named players?

Perennial pro-bowl players. What would you have thought of Mario Williams after 1.5 years? Is that what it takes for you? Two pumps and a shake?

"I'm not saying Marcell is a bust but...".....I am totally implying it in way I think is very coy.

:wallbash:

Edited by Cville Bills

Perennial pro-bowl players. What would you have thought of Mario Williams after 1.5 years? Is that what it takes for you? Two pumps and a shake?

Do you seriously think any GM in the NFL would trade any of those six players for Dareus right now?

Do you seriously think any GM in the NFL would trade any of those six players for Dareus right now?

Do you honestly think any GM in the NFL gives "final grades" on a guy after one and a half seasons? And if so, that those grades on Dareus would be negative?

"I'm not saying Marcell is a bust but...".....I am totally implying it in what I think is very coy.

Right!

I hate hindsight analysis. It's the most futile argument one can make.

GO BILLS!!!

Well Ngata > Whitner was foresight and the kool-aid crowd complained every time that was brought up too.

Granted, Dareus is different as it was almost unanimous we should take him. But I don't think it's asking too much for our front office to be better at this than random fans on message boards. Sadly they have not been.

I hate hindsight analysis. It's the most futile argument one can make.

GO BILLS!!!

Isn't hindsight analysis a reflection of front office/GM skill in draft selections...for instance, rather than Aaron Maybin, we should have drafted....ohhhh, I don't know, my 72 yr old aunt with a glass eye and a wooden leg.

for anybody not as lazy as me, it would be interesting to go back and look at his college highlight reel before posting a reply here.

Sure, nfl caliber offensive linemen, blah blah blah. But SEC caliber linemen. But what I recall is that he was 100% effort in college. Now, notsomuch

"I'm not saying Marcell is a bust but...".....I am totally implying it in what I think is very coy.

I'm really not saying he's a bust. One would just hope that with being picked so high in the draft we would be at least talking about him as the teams defensive MVP any given week of the year. Do you really feel he's having the same impact on this defense as Von Miller is in Denver. I just don't understand why people try to be confrontational just for the sake of doing so.