Bills vs. Redskins. Similar teams with similar problems.

FireChan

Both of these teams have horrible defenses and lose because of them. I will not deny that RG3 is better than Fitzpatrick in every way imaginable, but he can't even win with his defense giving up so many points.

I know you all say a new QB means we will be a playoff caliber team, but even an all star rookie can only lead his horrible defense to a 3-4 season so far.

Sorry, Fitz blamers, I know it's easy to hate on the average guy who makes mistakes, but even superstars can't work with a horrible defense.

The BIG difference between the two teams is the Redskins have a franchise quarterback and the Bills have neither one currently playing or waiting in the wings. Their future is much more sustainable than ours.

We aren't discussing the future, we're discussing this season. There's no reason to bag on Fitz for not being able to win us games this year when RG3 can't even do it.

Both of these teams have horrible defenses and lose because of them. I will not deny that RG3 is better than Fitzpatrick in every way imaginable, but he can't even win with his defense giving up so many points.

I know you all say a new QB means we will be a playoff caliber team, but even an all star rookie can only lead his horrible defense to a 3-4 season so far.

Sorry, Fitz blamers, I know it's easy to hate on the average guy who makes mistakes, but even superstars can't work with a horrible defense.

No, I would say we have vastly different problems. The Skins have a proven head-coach and have answered the most important position for the next decade. (providing he stays healthy).

Teams are vastly different.

No, I would say we have vastly different problems. The Skins have a proven head-coach and have answered the most important position for the next decade. (providing he stays healthy).

Shanahan record with the Skins is one game better than Gaily's with the Bills (if I'm not mistaken - which I might be.) And let's hold off on anointing RG3 the next QB of the skins for a decade. After one year everybody thought Vince Young was going to be amazing (he won rookie of the year.) Same thing with Cam Newton and things are starting to go south for him.

RG3 looks fantastic thus far but let's see what happens.

Alot of differences between these two franchises. The biggest, and it is never guaranteed, but it appears that the Redskins have their QB of the future, ours makes you f-n sick seeing him lick his wedding ringed fingers and trying to imitate Aaron Rodgers Discount Double Check on sundays. They lost maybe their two best defensive players for the year in Orakpo and Carriker. Lost their running back for the year (Helu) and now lost their tight end for the year and they are still playing better then Buffalo. Redskins have problems, but not like this mess we have. They have a coach with a clue. A GM with a clue. All things we don't have not to mention an owner who gives a crap.

If we had RG3 we would be a much better team. And i'm talking today. The guy plays with heart and character the entire game. The skins defense stinks, but the fact that you're apparently trying to compare the two is insane. RG3 would win more games in Buffalo giving the same circumstance.. God people just can't get it thru their heads that we f'ing stink with Mr Trash at the most important position on the field. Maybe if the D could look forward to being off the field longer than 2 mins they would even try to perform better.

The Redskins' "proven head coach" has only won when he's had John Elway at quarterback.

These clubs have mirrored each other for the past several seasons.. Obviously now the Redskins have vaulted ahead in terms of having a franchise QB. The Skins are actually pretty good vs the run but their DBs are getting burnt. Injuries to Orakpo and some other good defenders have really hurt them. Both teams have like one good WR and nothing else. Still I'd switch places with Wash for just one guy, RG3.

Spot on. Even a so called "superstar" QB can get you so far. This season its ALL about the defense.

If we had RG3 we would be a much better team. And i'm talking today. The guy plays with heart and character the entire game. The skins defense stinks, but the fact that you're apparently trying to compare the two is insane. RG3 would win more games in Buffalo giving the same circumstance.. God people just can't get it thru their heads that we f'ing stink with Mr Trash at the most important position on the field. Maybe if the D could look forward to being off the field longer than 2 mins they would even try to perform better.

Completely disagree. The fact that we are blaming Fitz for the play of our defense thus far is obsurd. Teams make the playoffs all the time with a __________ (insert negative Fitz comment) quarterback all the time. Look at previous seasons in the NFL.... Team defenses can get you to the playoffs and win you games regardless of the quarterback at the helm. (Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme) All teams had below average / average quarterbacks and their defenses still performed.

The BIG difference between the two teams is the Redskins have a franchise quarterback and the Bills have neither one currently playing or waiting in the wings. Their future is much more sustainable than ours.

Which is why Redskins fans are totally cheery and upbeat today after their loss yesterday. Even after RG3 threw a 4th quarter interception, they're so happy about the big plays he makes, they don't care.

The Bills need to go all out to find that guy next April - (along with getting not one but two guys who have the talent to play NFL LB.)

Completely disagree. The fact that we are blaming Fitz for the play of our defense thus far is obsurd. Teams make the playoffs all the time with a __________ (insert negative Fitz comment) quarterback all the time. Look at previous seasons in the NFL.... Team defenses can get you to the playoffs and win you games regardless of the quarterback at the helm. (Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme) All teams had below average / average quarterbacks and their defenses still performed.

And all three of those teams had serious studs at the LB position(s).

Which is why Redskins fans are totally cheery and upbeat today after their loss yesterday. Even after RG3 threw a 4th quarter interception, they're so happy about the big plays he makes, they don't care.

The Bills need to go all out to find that guy next April - (along with getting not one but two guys who have the talent to play NFL LB.)

And all three of those teams had serious studs at the LB position(s).

My point was the QB play had no effect on defense performance. Not that those defenses were more talented.

Edited by Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Washingtons D was pretty good until they lost two of their better players to injury. Whats our excuse? And even still they dont allow points like me do.

Really? :rolleyes:

RGIII is a Rookie...He's playing with a Rookie starting HB...His top WR has been out most of the year...And it's only Pierre Garcon...It's not like he's Megatron...Other than that what does he have? Santana Moss? Talk to me in a couple years if we still have Fitz...We'll see how much better The Skins are then... B-)

I say there are a few BIG differences. One of these teams has an owner who is 47 years old and is a metropolitan area that by most standards is considered very wealthy. The other team has an owner who is 94 and is in a metropolitan area that isn't considered wealthy.Given that information, I'd be willing to speculate that in five years, one of these teams will still be in the same place, and the other team probably won't be.

• 2 weeks later...

So funny to live in DC and hear the exact same talk radio this morning that you hear in Buffalo. Shanny-Chan is not the answer....the defensive coordinator (Haslett-Wanny) should have been fired weeks ago....worst DB's and WR's in the entire league...how can you lose to 1-6 Carolina at HOME (i.e. Tennessee), the fans base is frustrated, the coaching is awful, Need more touches by the RB...etc..

The only thing they don't criticize is RG3 but after the last couple weeks people are starting to wonder if they gave up too much...since guys like Tanneyhill and Wilson are doing well. Be careful about not giving up too many draft picks to move up.

Ravens won the SB 12 years ago. Since then a 144 teams have made the playoffs and you find 3 examples of average to below average QBs making the playoffs. Congratulations! I'd rather not have the Bills build their team to be the exception to the rule.