Marcel Dareus [is a no show]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a horrible thing about his brother and all, but his homicide happened after Dareus showed up for training camp. There was nothing that should have prevented him from coming into this season in shape like a real professional would.

thank you. he just doesnt have any explosion in his step and is moving slow. i think thats a lot more to do with having to carry a lot of poundage, not because hes giving up on the plays. hopefully its a sophomore slump and he gets a wake up call. he wont be able to drop the pounds instantly, so it might be something that we live with this year and maybe scheme him into space eating more than shooting gaps.

i think its the gut slowing him down, not his head.

I have complained so much about Dareus looking like he could drop at least 25 pounds, that If AKC was still around, he would accuse me of starting up the Dead Horse Beaters Society again.

PS Time has shown that the Society was 100% correct in their assessment of Cement Shoes Bledsoe! :lol:

I have complained so much about Dareus looking like he could drop at least 25 pounds, that If AKC was still around, he would accuse me of starting up the Dead Horse Beaters Society again.

PS Time has shown that the Society was 100% correct in their assessment of Cement Shoes Bledsoe! :lol:

I beg to differ, Bledsoe was just so fluid and graceful that he made running look easy, thus making it appear that he was slow.

yeah, all he did was lead tthe team in sacks as a rookie, at a position that doesnt usually generate sacks.

Yea, on a historically bad defense. We were terrible. We were terrible against the run. I was looking for more from him and this year has been a big regression. I'm sorry, I'm not happy with what he has done.

I hate to say this because I think he is an incredible football player and just as great of man, but it seems as if Marcell no longer has a passion for the game. And can you really blame him? He's experienced things that absolutely shifts one's priorities and alters outlook on life. It is unfortunate for us as Bills fans and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Marcell's short tenure as a dominant defensive tackle has come to an end.