Chan tries too hard!

WNY

Chan's play calling just doesn't work with this team. Last week he has Brad Smith drop back and pass (I though it was a great play call) and it ends up being an interception. (I was at that game and it was pure luck that we won). Today, all we need is a field goal to win, and I thought we would have a chance. We never ran the ball once. This blow's my mind. Chan is going for the kill. It's 4th and 2 and we think they are never going to blitz. We don't pick it up and Fitz is in a hurry and can't make a play. ALL WE NEED IS A FIELD GOAL. It's not that hard, I just think Chan tries waaaay tooo hard to win. It's better than Dick's conservative play calling, but it just does'nt ever work out.

I'm pretty convinced it goes beyond this. Chan has to be borderline stupid. Your running game is averaging over 6 ypc, yet you pass the ball 35 times in the game and run it 21 times? You have a 6 point lead with 3min left in the 4th and you once again abandon the run instead of finishing out the game....pretty much the same exact mistake he made last week. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

EDIT: Oops, I made a Gailey....the RBs were averaging over 7 ypc.

Edited by ajzepp

Really? Tries to hard? I would say that he does not prepare enough. There are not enough options in the gameplan plan to counter what the other team is bringing. Especially on defense. But Chan turns the defense over to Wanny right? Sorry, he does not get a pass for that.

Chan is proving he is an Offensive Coordinator in this league and that is all. His game mangement is poor. His erratic decisions almost cost us last week and it did cost us this week. Sorry Chan but you cannot keep dodging bullets in this league.

He needed was one first down and then maybe a decent punt. He chose to have his fragile and medicore QB pass the ball. His QB of choice proceeded to make every mistake in the book, leading to an ugly inteception. He locked onto Jones, he missed a wide open Stevie for a safe play, and then he under threw the out pattern that the CB was sitting on. Here is what Chan said afterwards:

Gailey said his confidence in Fitzpatrick, who looked sharp before the interception throwing for three TDs while completing 27 of 35 throws for 225 yards, hasn’t changed. “He made a bad throw at the end. Other than that, he played really, really well,” the coach said. “He made one bad throw. If you get rid of all the quarterbacks for one bad throw, you are not going to have any quarterbacks left.”

Hey Chan, this is not about one bad throw. It is about a very bad decision. It is about poor executiuon., It is about a team that cannot close a game at home with the lead.

Chan is proving he does not bring enough on game day and his team is a reflection of their coach.

Edited by Bob in STL

I'm pretty convinced it goes beyond this. Chan has to be borderline stupid. Your running game is averaging over 6 ypc, yet you pass the ball 35 times in the game and run it 21 times? You have a 6 point lead with 3min left in the 4th and you once again abandon the run instead of finishing out the game....pretty much the same exact mistake he made last week. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

+ 1000000

Bingo.

Really? Tries to hard? I would say that he does not prepare enough. There are not enough options in the gameplan plan to counter what the other team is bringing. Especially on defense. But Chan turns the defense over to Wanny right? Sorry, he does not get a pass for that.

Chan is proving he is an Offensive Coordinator in this league and that is all. His game mangement is poor. His erratic decisions almost cost us last week and it did cost us this week. Sorry Chan but you cannot keep dodging bullets in this league.

He needed was one first down and then maybe a decent punt. He chose to have his fragile and medicore QB pass the ball. His QB of choice proceeded to make every mistake in the book, leading to an ugly inteception. He locked onto Jones, he missed a wide open Stevie for a safe play, and then he under threw the out pattern that the CB was sitting on. Here is what Chan said afterwards:

Gailey said his confidence in Fitzpatrick, who looked sharp before the interception throwing for three TDs while completing 27 of 35 throws for 225 yards, hasn’t changed. “He made a bad throw at the end. Other than that, he played really, really well,” the coach said. “He made one bad throw. If you get rid of all the quarterbacks for one bad throw, you are not going to have any quarterbacks left.”

Hey Chan, this is not about one bad throw. It is about a very bad decision. It is about poor executiuon., It is about a team that cannot close a game at home with the lead.

Chan is proving he does not bring enough on game day and his team is a reflection of their coach.

That's my point exactly! Why do you put the game in Fitz's hands? I'm saying that Chan puts way too much confidence in his play calling. We need to win with what we have. We all want a play making QB, we have Fitz. (DEAL WITH IT) We need to try and win with what we have. I'm sick of all these threads that we need a new QB, a new Defensive Coor., etc. Get over it. WIN WITH WHAT

YOU HAVE!

Chan's play calling was good today--we scored a hella lot of points. He did not throw the INT. And he did not give Chris Johnson 5,000 yards, or give up the winning TD.

You can have all sorts of game by asking out a girl...take her to a nice dinner...make her laugh a little bit...get her back home for drink and some nice music....but if when you're just about to close the deal and get it in there you fire off some undie shots and make a funny face, all that hard work goes right down the tubes.

You can have all sorts of game by asking out a girl...take her to a nice dinner...make her laugh a little bit...get her back home for drink and some nice music....but if when you're just about to close the deal and get it in there you fire off some undie shots and make a funny face, all that hard work goes right down the tubes.

AWESOME!

Awesome.

I swear, for too many guys here, Gailey is Chauncey Gardner...

Got to admit this made me laugh. I needed that. :lol:

Got to admit this made me laugh. I needed that. :lol:

lol, I know what you mean....I don't know if I've been this mad about a Bills game in a long time...I have been trying to chill and lighten up a bit, cause that was really damn frustrating

Perfect... Gailey is a few bricks short of a full load. His playbook is predictable and simple. He has no idea how to run a team. He has turned over the defense to a moron of a defensive coordinator. Please dear God, send us a head coach that knows what the hell he is doing!

Sounds like you're speaking from experience...

Translation: Gailey chokes when the game is on the line.

Ralph needs to step in, or at least be pushed in by his nurse. We have one of the WORST all time NFL defenses and a head coach that feels it will actually hurt our team MORE if we make a change at defensive coordinator.

For the sake of the fans, something has to be done. We are going to set an all time season record for points against in a 16 game season.