SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

Bump!!!!! Where's all the Cuse fans? Indiana goes down today.....hopefully Michigan falls to WVU later today.

The last thing this semi talented team needs is a #1 ranking. They aren't that good and it will only serve to inflate their egos unnecessarily.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it's definitely true. Except he didn't get arrested. He was offered a chance to buy the things and avoid charges and did so. He was caught with items and led out by a "secret shopper."

It appears that you are absolutely correct. Naive young kid making a stupid mistake. I personally don't thnk anything less of MSW...I remember some of the s**t I did when I was in my early 20's. He doesn't have a history of criminal behavior....just a stupid mistake that I think he will learn from.

The last thing this semi talented team needs is a #1 ranking. They aren't that good and it will only serve to inflate their egos unnecessarily.

You're ridiculous....this team certainly has final 4 potential.

You're ridiculous....this team certainly has final 4 potential.

Sure so does every other top 20 team. I just don't think this team has the talent to get big headed before Tourney time. I'd like a couple of humbling losses and I'm confident they'll get them.

Sure so does every other top 20 team. I just don't think this team has the talent to get big headed before Tourney time. I'd like a couple of humbling losses and I'm confident they'll get them.

Don't worry, they will lose. No one gets out of the Big East unscathed. IIRC, they have a very tough 5 or 6 game stretch to close out the season. Something like Lousiville twice, Georgetown, Villanova and others I cant remember.

Oh it's definitely true. Except he didn't get arrested. He was offered a chance to buy the things and avoid charges and did so. He was caught with items and led out by a "secret shopper."

Yes, it does appear that the rumor that I originally posted was, in fact, true.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2012/12/syracuse_basketball_guard_mich.html#incart_river

Little disappointing, IMO, that JB didn't discipline MCW at all for the incident.

Anyhow, big game tonight, with JB going for win #900.

http://www.syracuse....ml#incart_river

Little disappointing, IMO, that JB didn't discipline MCW at all for the incident.

Anyhow, big game tonight, with JB going for win #900.

Yeah as big of a story as it is it is also a non-story. This probably happens to many colleges and many players but this being the local team we have eyes and ears on it. FWIW the article you posted is very accurate to the situation. Not to divulge to much but I got the story from someone very close to the situation and it is standard procedure as was mentioned. It appears not to be a case of preferential treatment.

Anyway I don't see any reason for Jimmy B to not get 900 tonight. I agree with others though as I am concerned their heads appear to be a bit bigger than they should be. This team is a bit of a slow starter. Due to the poor quality of opponents they haven't had to pay for it yet. Canisius and E. Michigan were poor efforts imo and they still won by 20 in each of them (almost 40 vs. E. Michigan)

Really need to see more from the bigs going forward. Coleman appears to be a bit soft and I would like to see more of an edge from him.

The play by play announcer dropped a "MCW has also been adding to his steal total off the floor". I was pleasantly surprised at the quip.

While I thought cuse was sloppy, Detroit struck me as having some legit talent with mccallum, Anderson, and Howard.

MCW can pass for sure, but I find that his play also sometimes causes the offense to be frenetic and sloppy.

MCW did not respond well to good, constantly in your face, defense last night. It was apparent that he became flustered and looked quite sloppy at times. Cooney and Triche were nearly invisible. Hopefully this is a good learning experience for this young team because we certainly are going to see some better man-to-man defenses this season. Rick Pitino probably had a stiffy watching the game last night.

Detroit has some talent though, and they have played a more difficult schedule than Syracuse thus far.

Looks like a non-story until details emerge. Just says he's being investigated by Syracuse police and the District Attorney's office. There's no specific mention to any crime as of yet. In any event, any charges/convictions likely wouldn't affect any Syracuse athletic programs. Just a shame that Syracuse University is getting dragged through the media-muck once again.