Fitz numbers from Sunday per PFF

cmjoyce113

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've made some great points and framed them well (except that whole thing about being favorites over NE). What you fail to realize is that the Fitz Kool-Aid is 180 proof, and apparently more addicting than heroin. You're not going to convince that crowd.

I used to think the biggest mistake this regime made was switching to the 3-4 when we didn't have that personnel for it. I was wrong. They hitched their wagon to the wrong horse, and it looks like they are stubborn enough to go down with the ship.

i'm not in love with Fitz, but i'm not delusional enough to think that either Thigpen or Jackson give us a better shot to win against NE or Houston (or anyone else). So having said that, what's the alternative? We don't have one this season. So lets suck it up and move the F on.

Edited by bobobonators

i'm not in love with Fitz, but i'm not delusional enough to think that either Thigpen or Jackson give us a better shot to win against NE or Houston (or anyone else). So having said that, what's the alternative? We don't have one this season. So lets suck it up and move the F on.

EXACTLY

What's done is done. Where were all the weather vanes when we extended the guy last season? Then and only then would criticisms be legit. Now it's just a bunch: look how smart I am, look how retarded they are hindsighted bull ****.

"Sure he walked away with figures that didn’t disgust the eye balls, but averaging just 4.8 yards per attempt should tell you what he’s become to this offense. An obstacle that needs to be managed so that he doesn’t inflict damage on the rest of the unit. Of his 153 yards, 114 of them came after the catch, and he was lucky not to walk away with a pick with 14:06 to go in the second quarter when William Gay dropped a possible interception. That now makes it four of six games were he’s walked away with a grade in the red."

https://www.profootb...rdinals-week-6/

So Fitz through for 39 yards in the air on 18 completions? I can't even fathom how bad that is. I mean that tells me that every pass he through pretty much was a screen play. It's crazy to think the numbers are that low and the offense is boxed into what Sunday was. I honestly didn't think Gailey would change QB's with numbers that bad but maybe he has to consider something else.

So Peyton Manning throws a 5 yard pass that goes 80 yards. Peyton Manning had a 5 yard pass?

This thread is stupid. It doesnt work this way. He did not throw 39 yards.

Ps. If someone posted a similar answer, my apologies.

So Peyton Manning throws a 5 yard pass that goes 80 yards. Peyton Manning had a 5 yard pass?

This thread is stupid. It doesnt work this way. He did not throw 39 yards.

Ps. If someone posted a similar answer, my apologies.

This isn't a stupid thread because when I watch Peyton Manning he throws the ball 15 or 20 yards down the field and completes it. Your right he may throw 5 or 6 passes that travel a few yards, but Fitz' YAC is absurd from Sunday's game.

This isn't a stupid thread because when I watch Peyton Manning he throws the ball 15 or 20 yards down the field and completes it. Your right he may throw 5 or 6 passes that travel a few yards, but Fitz' YAC is absurd from Sunday's game.

You are basing your assessment on the wrong stat, imo.

If they find creative ways to throw short passes and screens to cj and it works, I'm fine with it. That's what the pats do with their stupid qb/wrs. A lot of stunt and screen passes to their wrs.

Did yall notice that on the next play Fitz hit Graham in the numbers that should have gone for at least 10 yards, but he dropped it?

Fitz had a bad game throwing the football, but as usual, he didn't get a lot of help from his WRs.

I also agree with Steve Tasker's assessment that if Donald Duck hadn't been so busy trying to push off Patrick Peterson he probably would have been able to get to the long pass in the 1st quarter. Wether he would have caught it or not we'll never know.

We noticed fitz sucks. Did you?

That pass he missed with FJ that coulda had a first down if not more really pissed me off!!! Right there i said hes done!

personally i was done with him after week one and every week he shows me more and more how right i am to feel this way, if you go back to week 8 last year till now he has not had a wow game and seems to be getting worse every week, he is/has lost the players you can tell by sj body language he is sick of it, that throw to the ground to a wide open freddy made me want to smash my tv he is going to cost chan his job

If they find creative ways to throw short passes and screens to cj and it works, I'm fine with it. That's what the pats do with their stupid qb/wrs. A lot of stunt and screen passes to their wrs.

You do realize the Pats are very successful at this because the Defense also has to respect teh long ball every down. IF they drop a safety down, Brady WILL beat you up top. Teams are starting and going to continue sitting the entire D closer to the line to guard against these passes because they haev no fear Fitz can beat them deep.

Also fitz has a lower Yards per attempt then Trent "Captain Checkdown" Edwards.

but 39 is still a bit absurd for a differential.

I think you have to compare Fitz to other QBs in the league, like Brady, Brees and company. Look, if NE didn't get lucky and draft Brady (and also Bledsoe's injury), they would have been a good to mediocre franchise for the past decade. Their defense has been been up and down for 10 years, they've never really had a star RB, and their WRs and TEs have had inflated numbers because of 1 player... Tom Brady. Even if we didn't have a top 5 QB, but more of a Schaub or Romo type player, this team would fair much better. Fitz is an amazing backup. If we had a solid #1, I would view Fitz as a better option that Reich two decades ago -- even perhaps the best backup in the league, and that's important. To get rid of him is not wise, but to move him as backup next year and possibly acquire a legitimate QB or draft a potential starter is the way to go.

I think you have to compare Fitz to other QBs in the league, like Brady, Brees and company. Look, if NE didn't get lucky and draft Brady (and also Bledsoe's injury), they would have been a good to mediocre franchise for the past decade. Their defense has been been up and down for 10 years, they've never really had a star RB, and their WRs and TEs have had inflated numbers because of 1 player... Tom Brady. Even if we didn't have a top 5 QB, but more of a Schaub or Romo type player, this team would fair much better. Fitz is an amazing backup. If we had a solid #1, I would view Fitz as a better option that Reich two decades ago -- even perhaps the best backup in the league, and that's important. To get rid of him is not wise, but to move him as backup next year and possibly acquire a legitimate QB or draft a potential starter is the way to go.

We would have the most expensive backup in the league. The backup QB is the most overrated position in all of football.

EXACTLY

What's done is done. Where were all the weather vanes when we extended the guy last season? Then and only then would criticisms be legit. Now it's just a bunch: look how smart I am, look how retarded they are hindsighted bull ****.

That can't be said about everyone. I've been vocal against the Fitztastrophe since coming on the board. OF COURSE something should be done. If only out of respect for fans who show up and pay money to see a football game. The simple fact is, our HC can't make ANY KIND of adjustment in a timely, or pro-active fashion. He runs the roster just like he calls the games. -He'll continue to stay the disastrous course, no matter how it affects the W-L column.

Hopefully that pig-headedness works to our advantage this year. We could really use a new HC, and lord knows, a new QB would'nt hurt either.

Edited by #34fan

That can't be said about everyone. I've been vocal against the Fitztastrophe since coming on the board. OF COURSE something should be done. If only out of respect for fans who show up and pay money to see a football game. The simple fact is, our HC can't make ANY KIND of adjustment in a timely, or pro-active fashion. He runs the roster just like he calls the games. -He'll continue to stay the disastrous course, no matter how it affects the W-L column.

Hopefully that pig-headedness works to our advantage this year. We could really use a new HC, and lord knows, a new QB would'nt hurt either.

I'm not a billionaire...something should be done.

Pray tell, amigo, WHAT should be done?

Something just doesnt add up. Versus the pats fitz made some great throws down field, both middle and sideline. There was the bomb to TO, We have seen some flawless games early last season, then we see this steaming pile we have had for the past few weeks.

It's almost like he can't get enough adrenaline pumping under normal circumstances or something. Or his mechanics got worse instead of better. Maybe adding the step of setting feet has thrown timing off so much the ball is always late or behind.

Something has changed for the worse and for a guy that just throws balls everyday for a living with dedicated coaches focused on him throwing a ball for their occupation, you'd expect answers by now. How hard can this be?

Are there any problem solvers in the building?