Johnny White Now a Packer

ChasBB

I was actually hoping GB would give us a call about Freddie and the real Spiller era would begin with White as the change of pace and short yardage back. The guy runs so physical and hard.

And, don't get me wrong about Freddie. I love the guy and have always been a huge fan, but as they say, it's a business. At the end of the day our best chance to win is Spiller touching the ball 20 to 25 times a game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astobot...are you referring to that packers o line that allowed 8 sacks in 30 minutes of football a couple weeks back?...the bills o-line is very good, even with backups. Check the rushing stats over there in Green Bay, no where near as good as ours. And it's not just the rb talent..buffalos oline is better than green bays.

And, don't get me wrong about Freddie. I love the guy and have always been a huge fan, but as they say, it's a business. At the end of the day our best chance to win is Spiller touching the ball 20 to 25 times a game.

Chan's too in love with the passing game to let any single RB touch it that many times in a game.

Have you been sleeping under a rock the last decade?

Bell

Travis Henry

Marshawn 'Hit and Run' Lynch

Willis McGahee

Etc etc. Isn't is a bit early to be calling JW the best??

Loved all those guys, other than Bell. We seem to eat our young...imagine if McGahee had never been a Bill, and we signed him as a FA...people in Buffalo would love him!

I was actually hoping GB would give us a call about Freddie and the real Spiller era would begin with White as the change of pace and short yardage back. The guy runs so physical and hard.

I really disagree with this opinon (many people hold it so it's not you I'm criticizing).

To me, with a guy of Spiller's build at this level of athletes, you quickly run into a law of diminishing returns. I think you run the risk of wearing him down and overburdening him. The idea that more touches doesn't translate into a better play mix.

I loved the workload split in this last game against Arizona. Aside from his fumble, I liked that Freddy ran for good hard, honest yards and I think the change of pace between Jackson's and Spiller's styles is an excellent mix.

He'll do better behind the Packers' O-Line than our banged-up excuse of a line.

Our line now is Levitre-Wood.

Observe the blocks on Spiller's 33-yard run!

http://www.buffalobi...48-8ba276ece5de

Good luck, Johnny!

Levitre darn near took his guy off the field, then he continued down the field looking for someone to hit. Quality, absolute quality.

I'd still like to see a big bruising, ice-the-game kind of back.

Yeah, someone in the mold of Marshawn Lynch. :devil:

Speaking of running backs, has anyone noticed how often Fred Jackson has run out of bounds when he gets close to the sideline lately? In years past, Freddie would always drop his shoulder and try to pick up a few more yards. It was that extra effort which made Bills fans admire him. He seems pretty average out there this year.

Edited by distortions

Speaking of running backs, has anyone noticed how often Fred Jackson has run out of bounds when he gets close to the sideline lately? In years past, Freddie would always drop his shoulder and try to pick up a few more yards. It was that extra effort which made Bills fans admire him. He seems pretty average out there this year.

Sorry, I'm having trouble reading your post. Could you increase the font a little bit?