Breaking News: Romney is "pro-life" candidate...today...stay t

Buftex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other new lib talking point......Romney is a hardcore right winger.

Anything else you wanna try and throw up on the wall?

I will give it to Mitt Romney...his campaign strategy of "ignore everything I say, I'm for whatever you want me to be for" seems to be working brilliantly.

Their buzz word is "extremist".

Let me ask you, and I'm not here to claim Mitt is some demon-like man ready to transform the country into the hunger games.

Is Washington a game of parties? What part of GOP push does Mitt repudiate and what makes you think it/when has he shown that. Then, how is Mitt somehow uniquely equipped to install a bipartisan cooperative culture in Washington?

I'm not using this against him, b/c no 1 person can. Sadly, not even the President with the power of the bully pulpit. But you aren't going to sit down with those "across the aisle" and say "I want to cut taxes 20%, continue to increase military spending like always, cut PBS and planned parenthood, repeal Obamacare and replace with "something" that doesn't address people who can't get coverage b/c of preexisting injuries, and on and on"...and then say "I was Governor of Mass...so I'm bartisan so lets do it."

Edited by TheNewBills

Let me ask you, and I'm not here to claim Mitt is some demon-like man ready to transform the country into the hunger games.

Is Washington a game of parties? What part of GOP push does Mitt repudiate and what makes you think it/when has he shown that. Then, how is Mitt somehow uniquely equipped to install a bipartisan cooperative culture in Washington?

I'm not using this against him, b/c no 1 person can. Sadly, not even the President with the power of the bully pulpit. But you aren't going to sit down with those "across the aisle" and say "I want to cut taxes 20%, continue to increase military spending like always, cut PBS and planned parenthood, repeal Obamacare and replace with "something" that doesn't address people who can't get coverage b/c of preexisting injuries, and on and on"...and then say "I was Governor of Mass...so I'm bartisan so lets do it."

Is this the "He's the same as Obama so what's the point?" argument?

Their buzz word is "extremist".

I will remember this every-time I see the terms "mainstream media spin" and "Chicago politics".... :thumbsup:

I guess the new mantra is "we are sick of hearing this, so it can't be true!"

Edited by Buftex

Is this the "He's the same as Obama so what's the point?" argument?

No b/c the truth (regardless of the propaganda some on the right like to spew) is that Obama, and Romney if he were elected, would like to try and work this way. It won't happen. B/c the problem isn't the President. The problem is the parties. So anytime someone says that b/c Mitt was Governor of Mass so he somehow can fix partisanship in Washington...they sound (respectfully speaking) like a huge idiot.

How about when it comes to his tax cuts. There was a pretty damn big nevermind there, supply side nuts on the right must be wondering what the !@#$ he's talking about.

And btw on these "social issues" he's still not saying never mind...he saying never mind on tv then releasing "never mind the never mind" pressers...same w/ preexisting injuries etc...

Someone chalked it all up earlier to Obama having positions last time that he didn't deliver on (like every elected official ever), this is not that. This is not being straight up

about the positions you take in the first place. It's transparent. I know it's just a talking point to you guys that Mitt is somehow doing this, but it's right there...for all to see.

He clarified his position on tax cuts saying that there will across-the-board cuts, but that he'll eliminate loopholes and deductions so that "the rich" won't and shouldn't expect to see huge cuts. People seemed to think that the rich were going to get a huge tax cut as well.

He clarified his position on tax cuts saying that there will across-the-board cuts, but that he'll eliminate loopholes and deductions so that "the rich" won't and shouldn't expect to see huge cuts. People seemed to think that the rich were going to get a huge tax cut as well.

That's a clarification? And supply side GOPers expect this to spur growth how?

Gee, I wonder where they got that notion?

I will give it to Mitt Romney...his campaign strategy of "ignore everything I say, I'm for whatever you want me to be for" seems to be working brilliantly.

Politics is a copycat business and Romney has adopted the strategy of the last man elected President

Politics is a copycat business and Romney has adopted the strategy of the last man elected President

Being purposefully misleading about the policies you run on during the election is not a strategy Presidents use a whole lot in the past brother.

It will be interesting to see what Ryan does though. B/c whether you love or hate him...that guy knows what he advocates and says it. Can he do so tonight following the last debate? If he is allowed to, Biden can highlight the last debate. If can't, he can't be himself and won't do well.

Edited by TheNewBills

Why are you dragging me into your discussion with Tom? If I wanted to enter that conversation, I would, but it deserves more time/energy than I have right now.

That's a clarification? And supply side GOPers expect this to spur growth how?

It leads to a small tax cut on the rich, the jobs creators. And businesses get their taxes cut more, Obamacare gets repealed, businesses start hiring again, and more taxes are taken-in from the greater number of people working.

It leads to a small tax cut on the rich, the jobs creators. And businesses get their taxes cut more, Obamacare gets repealed, businesses start hiring again, and more taxes are taken-in from the greater number of people working.

So when he goes on Sunday shows and 60 minutes and says he isn't cutting taxes on the rich, he just means he isn't cutting the full 20% on the rich. And the 3% of small business effected (idk about this number but they appeared to have stipulated to this in the last debate) will decide to hire enough people they apparently need (even though they otherwise wouldn't hire them) to combine with "loopholes" to offset $4.8T (plus $2T military increase if it suits your fancy)? This is the what we're going with to fix that debt clock at the convention?

You act as if that has worked before.

So when he goes on Sunday shows and 60 minutes and says he isn't cutting taxes on the rich, he just means he isn't cutting the full 20% on the rich. And the 3% of small business effected (idk about this number but they appeared to have stipulated to this in the last debate) will decide to hire enough people they apparently need (even though they otherwise wouldn't hire them) to combine with "loopholes" to offset $4.8T (plus $2T military increase if it suits your fancy)? This is the what we're going with to fix that debt clock at the convention?

Will it work? I can't say for sure. Is what Barry has been doing and wants to continue doing working? Hell no.