A tell tale sign, re: Gailey is done!

Part of the reason he has not been dressing on Sunday’s is because if he’s active for a certain number of games (I believe it’s 6) then we’ll owe Seattle a 6th rounder rather than a 7th. To us, the difference between the 2 picks is marginal but to the front office, it’s big. Definitely not worth it to just let him run a few gimmick plays.

This is the first reasonable explanation I have heard, thanks!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok TJax not dressing makes sense however when we traded for him I went over to the Seahawks forums to see the usual "see ya later bum", "glad we dumped him" mantra, but no, all I saw was big thank you's for TJax service to the Seahawks and that most fans were sorry to see him go.

What does that tell you?

Tim-

Armchair, this is wonderful news!

Two of the three biggest problems on this team are about to go down in Flames together!

Gailey is a stubborn old coot, who couldn't coach a squirrel up a tree. Fitz is the worst QB I've ever seen Play. I thought it was Jamarcus Russell, but I was wrong. I say let them keep right on going! Soon the stink of the '12 Buffalo Bills will get so bad that the fans AND the media will be driven away. The sports anchors will inevitably chime-in and turn up the heat on OBD.

Perhaps you feel sorry for the delusional, terrified old man standing on the sideline wearing a Bills cap -Well DONT. He deserves everything that's about to come to him. -Come Sunday, he'll officially be the laughing stock of the NFL coaching world, and the Bills will be the punchline to every sports joke in America.

This is what has to happen in order to turn this horrible page. Chan must leave immediately, with Wanny, and Fitzpatrick in tow. Buddy can either pull the trigger, or say goodbye to the last NFL job he'll ever have.

Still on the fence with Chan...aside from a few questionable calls (every coach has them) seems to me that the main problem with the offense is poor QB play and execution. Not making excuses for him, but giving him the benefit of the doubt as he, and Nix, have been more up front than any other coach we've seen regarding admitting mistakes...time will tell, but because of the rather large investment into Fitz, I don't think they'll own up to this one.

Chan cannot give him any reps, let alone let him see the field.

First of all, to play TJ Chan would have to sit Fitz. Chan can't do that. He sold him to Ralph and Buddy for 59 million garbanzos 4 games into last season. To sit him would be an admission of a monumental fail on Chan's part. He's just not big enuf to do that.

And what if TJ outperformed Fitz on the practice field or on game day? So don't even give him any reps and above all don't dress him. Just keep covering up your mistakes instead and hope they go away, maybe when the schedule lightens up on us.

still ok with chan. losses have been brutally bad but beat arizona and its all back on track. **** can change fast in pro sports, theres enough talent here to compete (even if it hasnt looked close to that recently), so im willing to wait a few more weeks before calling of chans head

First of all, to play TJ Chan would have to sit Fitz. Chan can't do that. He sold him to Ralph and Buddy for 59 million garbanzos 4 games into last season. To sit him would be an admission of a monumental fail on Chan's part. He's just not big enuf to do that.

And what if TJ outperformed Fitz on the practice field or on game day? So don't even give him any reps and above all don't dress him. Just keep covering up your mistakes instead and hope they go away, maybe when the schedule lightens up on us.

I hear what you're saying. But, a coaches job is to win. Sometimes at all cost. Sitting Fitz doesn't really admit anything, other than were not winning and he makes a change. Gailey cannot go home at night after 2+ years of mostly sub-par play from this back up chump and think "I think this is the week Ryan turns the corner". Impossible. I cannot see any situation in which this season turns around. Another year down the chitter. Well, except for those happy with a slim chance at 8-8. Simply Pathetic.

I hear what you're saying. But, a coaches job is to win. Sometimes at all cost. Sitting Fitz doesn't really admit anything, other than were not winning and he makes a change. Gailey cannot go home at night after 2+ years of mostly sub-par play from this back up chump and think "I think this is the week Ryan turns the corner". Impossible. I cannot see any situation in which this season turns around. Another year down the chitter. Well, except for those happy with a slim chance at 8-8. Simply Pathetic.

It is quite possible that Chan now sees job1 as saving face instead of winning football games. Either he

1) has deluded himself into thinking Fitz can get it done

2) knows Fitz can't get it done but can't take the heat for such a colossal cluster#¥%*.

Winning a few games before we shut down 2012 while saving face is maybe what he sees as his personal best option.

It is quite possible that Chan now sees job1 as saving face instead of winning football games. Either he

1) has deluded himself into thinking Fitz can get it done

2) knows Fitz can't get it done but can't take the heat for such a colossal cluster#¥%*.

Winning a few games before we shut down 2012 while saving face is maybe what he sees as his personal best option.

Well then as long as that doesn't get him an extension we will have to live with it. There is no other option really. Their not going to can him in the middle of the season since there really isn't a suitable interim replacement on the team. Wanny? Could anyone imagine what that would look like?

Armchair, this is wonderful news!

Two of the three biggest problems on this team are about to go down in Flames together!

Gailey is a stubborn old coot, who couldn't coach a squirrel up a tree. Fitz is the worst QB I've ever seen Play. I thought it was Jamarcus Russell, but I was wrong. I say let them keep right on going! Soon the stink of the '12 Buffalo Bills will get so bad that the fans AND the media will be driven away. The sports anchors will inevitably chime-in and turn up the heat on OBD.

Perhaps you feel sorry for the delusional, terrified old man standing on the sideline wearing a Bills cap -Well DONT. He deserves everything that's about to come to him. -Come Sunday, he'll officially be the laughing stock of the NFL coaching world, and the Bills will be the punchline to every sports joke in America.

This is what has to happen in order to turn this horrible page. Chan must leave immediately, with Wanny, and Fitzpatrick in tow. Buddy can either pull the trigger, or say goodbye to the last NFL job he'll ever have.

Whoa Whoa Whoa in no shape or form is Fitzasstastic worst than Jamarcus Russell. Now im Captain Bash Fitzvag on TBD and all but thats preposterous he's more like Tim Couch bad or even Cade McKnown bad but not Jamarcus Russell bad... Thats the last I'll propblaby ever defend Fitzanus lol...

I think fitz gave up on himself with that horrific INT in the 3rd when game was still in reach. As bad as it was physically, mentally it was even worse. Fitz knows better than to make that throw. It was almost like a "screw this critics are right I can't play this game. I'll give them what they want I'm done with this. But hey I got my green, family's set. So just screw it. "

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

what was the point of picking up t-jax if he wasn't going to dress? could've kept VY for cheaper and had him not dress.

Chan did not sign Jackson, Buddy did.

seems Buddy and Chan are not joined at the hip

looks ike both Chan and Fitz are gone after this year

Lighten up? I can almost guarantee you that, every team with the Bills on their schedule are marking it as a victory. KC and the Browns have to be feeling very sick to their stomach losing to such a team. The embarrassment is on them...

Lighten up? I can almost guarantee you that, every team with the Bills on their schedule are marking it as a victory. KC and the Browns have to be feeling very sick to their stomach losing to such a team. The embarrassment is on them...

Agree. If that is Chan's plan it might be a recipe for disaster. Right now we look like cellar dwellers in the AFC East.

"give him a shot to prove that he's truly NOT an option"

There's an awesome new battle cry. Can the Bills put that on a T shirt?

Anyway, I think it's not unreasonable to believe Fitz will have a good game Sunday and some of the Fhytzsteria will will die down a bit.

Everyone is giving Chan Gailey credit for what Fitz can do, that is read the defense, set protections. Then find the open receiver and deliver the ball in 3 seconds or under. That is IF the opposing defense isn't jamming the one good WR (Stevie Johnson) on the line.

Look at all the QB's Gailey failed with so far, Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, Levi Brown, Vince Young, Tyler Thigen. Lets not forget that Gailey chose Edwards over Fitz to start with. Tyler Thigpen was with Gailey back in 08 when Chan was the Chiefs OC. Why can't Gailey get Thigen to play efficiently or become the starter?

Gailey is under the delusion that he has Tom Brady at QB, has the Patriots receiving corps and O line because all he does is call shotgun pass play after pass play. Instead he should understand he has a marginal Qb and should have him handing off to the true superstars in CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson.

Building a power running game would make things easier on both the defense and QB. But Gailey would rather have the perennial back up QB throw it all game long

As far as TJ is concerned, I highly doubt Gailey is going to be able to utilize the guy at all unless he can figure out a way to get the ball out as quickly as Fitz can. Its just going to be a sack fest every game and people will realize that O line isn't nearly as good as everyone thinks it is with Fitz at QB.

Edited by Fear the Beard

Part of the reason he has not been dressing on Sunday’s is because if he’s active for a certain number of games (I believe it’s 6) then we’ll owe Seattle a 6th rounder rather than a 7th. To us, the difference between the 2 picks is marginal but to the front office, it’s big. Definitely not worth it to just let him run a few gimmick plays.

A SEVENTH? GDI -- Now we won't get to draft a kicker.

BA

The Bills are not going to escalate the draft pick from a seventh round pick to a sixth round pick in order to please the fans.

There is no reason to have TJax on the active roster. He will be on the active roster the minimum number of times to ensure the pick is not conditionaly upgraded to a sixth.

I believe it is 6 games on the active roster than the pick is upgraded to a 6th. Therefore, unless there is a catastrophic injury to Fitz or Thigpen TJax will stay off the active roster until week 11 or 12.

Which by coincidence the Bills will also know if they are still in playoff contention and Fitzy's future on the Bills is likely also tied to those standings as well.

Maybe there is a plan in place . . .

Edited by Why So Serious?