Introduction and some thoughts of a New board member

First things first I wanted to say hello to everyone and let give ya a little of how I became a Bills fan in case anyone cares or can relate then I'll shoot off a couple ideas and thoughts about the Bills-

So I'm a Bills fan who lives in Palmdale CA (approximately a 45min drive from LA). I have never been to Buffalo and my family has never lived there. Since LA has no team I chose a team and for some reason i was attracted to the bills, maybe cuz they were the underdog or maybe because they were blue collar, either way I converted early 2000's. That being the case I have never seen the Bills in the playoffs or really seen the Bills look all that good. But I haven't regretted it despite the many disappointments because every Bills fan I have met has been an incredibly nice person and I truly believe that we have the best fan base in any sport.

Now some thoughts:

First things first the 'stache' needs to be fired yesterday. Idk who we should get to take his place as interim DC but I advocate for bringing in Mike Singletary in the Offseason. I know he had his problems in San Fran but if nothing else he got passion out of his players and that is the thing our D lacks more than anything. Can you imagine how hard he would rip into Mario for half a**ing it out there?? Gheesh... Additionally i think he and Çhan would balance each other out.

Second- I was at the 9er's game yesterday and though everyone is calling for fitz' head the game wasn't as bad as it looks on the stat sheet. They were moving the ball fairly well first half and a couple times in the 2nd half. There were some big plays that killed the drives though, two big sacks, the fumble by chandler and the pick which looked to be tipped at the line. The two sacks are correctable, both came on a play action where he rolled out and faked the hand off. Problem was though that i don't think they ran a single running play that looked the same so the D never even flinched when he faked it. Our runs were almost all draws (which is fine) but if that's gonna be the case our play actions need to be fake draws.....

Third- Why is no one giving Mckelvin some love?? The dude was a stud returner yesterday and frankly all year this far! If it wasn't for that holding call he would have had a punt return for a TD and he nearly took another one to the house on a kick off! If the D would put their big boy pants on and force some punts then he could be a seriously dangerous weapon. He seems to want it bad this year.

Edited by Lord_MacDonald

Welcome. If only every new poster could come up with such coherent things to say. I really like the Singletary idea. You gotta think he was a part of the culture change for that 9ers defense a few years ago. Id love to see anyone lay into our defense. there is a serious lack of accountability from them.

So anybody else agree on the Singeltary idea? Also any thoughts on who should be the Interim DC?

I wouldn't mind bringing in Singletary next year as DC, but I don't like the idea of firing Wanndstedt mid-season. We just changed back to a 4-3 after two years in a "hybrid" (i.e. cluster!@#$) 3-4. I say play out the season and then make the switch, not because I think he can fix it, but so as not to confuse the players anymore than they already are. Mid-season coaching changes rarely go well, although come to think of it, Perry Fewell was a rare exception to that rule.

Can the D adjust to over perusing the ball? They are good at the line, but once a player breaks containment it's all over or will be until these guys learn how to tackle again. The tackling improved slightly in the 1st half, I can't say as much in the 4th because I turned out. I can only assume it didn't.

On the bright side.. Fitz has run his usual 1 to 2 games with INT's. If history repeats he'll not throw another INT for a few games.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever