markgbe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything.

We couldn't defend the deep pass, we couldn't defend the middle of the field, we couldn't defend the short slant, we couldn't defend the sideline passes, we couldn't defend the out, we couldn't defend the screen, we couldn't push the pocket up the middle, we couldn't edge rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the speed rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the bull rush, we couldn't beat single blocking, we couldn't set the edge in the sweep game, we couldn't clog the middle in the power running game, we couldn't man our gaps, we couldn't wrap and tackle, we couldn't tackle in the open field ...

There wasn't a single positive takeaway. Everything is wrong, and no one currently associated with this team can fix it.

We couldn't defend the deep pass, we couldn't defend the middle of the field, we couldn't defend the short slant, we couldn't defend the sideline passes, we couldn't defend the out, we couldn't defend the screen, we couldn't push the pocket up the middle, we couldn't edge rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the speed rush, we couldn't generate pressure with the bull rush, we couldn't beat single blocking, we couldn't set the edge in the sweep game, we couldn't clog the middle in the power running game, we couldn't man our gaps, we couldn't wrap and tackle, we couldn't tackle in the open field ...

Other than that, I love how we've been doing.

i may be completely talking out my @$$, but it seems like they are lacking a vocal, ra ra type leader. a guy to fire up the guys, keep them motivated and hold them accountable. someone like that may not matter at all, but when they are playing this way, i would like to see someone getting mad about it.

I think the defense has quit on the team. They have mentally checked and going thru the motions of playing to collect their checks. Ever since Moorman was fired, something must have happened two weeks ago.

You know, I really think you're on to something here. The ONE major difference between the team coming off a two game win streak and then performing at an historically low level is the loss of Brian Moorman, a team leader and one of its voted captains. Something happened indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

haha. See, and people complain that he's not utilizing schemes that match the Bills' talent!?

:lol:

Some combination of the schemes being **** and the players not knowing what they're doing in said schemes. You could see it on some of the coverage breakdowns.

And that the players need to learn how to !@#$ING TACKLE. Could see that on most of the plays, too...

Lack of quality LB's. We have a freaking safety playing LB. WTF. Chandler Jones from SYR is playing better than Mario at end. It's like no one has a clue how to play football except for Dearus and Gilmore. Round 1: QB. Round2-7: mean, nasty defensive players from the SEC.

I actually think it is all scheme. This same defense stuffed the run against the Chiefs and Browns (and sort of the Jets)--good running teams.

The Pats* exposed some schematic weakness, and the Niners watched the film and followed suit. There is some super obvious schematic problems, and if we can't figure out a way to counter it, we're done.

i may be completely talking out my @$$, but it seems like they are lacking a vocal, ra ra type leader. a guy to fire up the guys, keep them motivated and hold them accountable. someone like that may not matter at all, but when they are playing this way, i would like to see someone getting mad about it.

If you were at the Pats* game last week, you saw Kyle Williams gather the team at midfield before the game and he was extremely animated and fiery. They proceeded to win the first half, then got crushed.