The Gailey Era Is All But Over

I can see 4 wins

Tenn

Miami once

Jacksonville

Rams not a gimme but after the Bills start is any team?

Maybe the jets in a nothing game. So I'll go $50 against a 9 and 7 and a playoff birth. It will be the happiest I'll ever be paying a bet so why not. Who do you see the Bills taking a spot from, Pitt, maybe Denver or SD?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see 4 wins

Tenn

Miami once

Jacksonville

Rams not a gimme but after the Bills start is any team?

Maybe the jets in a nothing game. So I'll go $50 against a 9 and 7 and a playoff birth. It will be the happiest I'll ever be paying a bet so why not. Who do you see the Bills taking a spot from, Pitt, maybe Denver or SD?

itll start next week with an easy win against the cardinals.

Thing is, though I agree, Spiller was open on that 3rd down play. Picks missed him. Again.

Spiller was responsible for so much of our offense in the games we won. We could count on him to do just about anything. He made the big plays we needed him to. Big rushes, plenty of yars after catch. We could dish out a short pass and let him do the rest with his legs. He is just an incredible player. I can understand the lack of production coming off the injury, and I do understand that the 49ers are one of the best defenses in the league, but he was entirely under-utilized today. He has MVP potential, we just need to give him the ball like we did in weeks 2 and 3.

Gailey needs to go and Fitz needs to go. So much of success in the NFL is based on coaching, and Chan's offense just isn't getting it done. We need a coach that will get pissed off and inspire the team especially after getting trounced by New England last week. That clearly didn't happen this week otherwise we wouldn't have lost by six touchdowns. While Gailey and Wannstedt are still employed in Buffalo, I will be starting the qb for our opponents in fantasy for the rest of the year.

Fitz's inability to stretch the field is one of the most frustrating things to watch. He tries hard and puts everything he's got into throwing a 10 yard out that most starting qbs can zip in there with a flick of the wrist. He may be a smart guy, hard worker but at the end of the day he doesn't have the tools to win. Obviously that's no surprise to anyone here. I say let's put in T-Jack. He's a .500 qb for his career and that's a hellavua lot better than anyone else we have.

Spiller was responsible for so much of our offense in the games we won. We could count on him to do just about anything. He made the big plays we needed him to. Big rushes, plenty of yars after catch. We could dish out a short pass and let him do the rest with his legs. He is just an incredible player. I can understand the lack of production coming off the injury, and I do understand that the 49ers are one of the best defenses in the league, but he was entirely under-utilized today. He has MVP potential, we just need to give him the ball like we did in weeks 2 and 3.

And stop going 5 wide every time we rush for a first down? Will never happen. I'm with ya. Let's go 3 TE's and run the damn ball. Maybe if our defense was off the field more, we'd only give up 400 yards.

And stop going 5 wide every time we rush for a first down? Will never happen. I'm with ya. Let's go 3 TE's and run the damn ball. Maybe if our defense was off the field more, we'd only give up 400 yards.

I am so sick of seeing an empty backfield.

Everyone talks about our lack of depth at WR. Yet we consistently go 5 wide and put the ball into the hands of one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

Yeah. CJ or Fred often start in the back and motion out. What for?

I hope your right but Zona has a very good D. That would be a big road win.

I think Arizona is a winnable game. Kolb isn't a great QB either and they have no running game whatsover. Getting the ball to CJ is all we need to do.

Any other team, and this fail would be a debacle. Multiple firings would ensue. Our "D" has given up almost 1300 yards of offense in just 2 games!!!!

We're losing games by four TD's after having 21-point leads.

There's no discipline, control, or pride on either side of the ball.

Time's up Gailey.

You've failed Wannstedt.

Get a clue, Mr Nix or your sorry a$$ is out the door as well.

Was at the game... This was one of the worst games I've seen/been to since dunno..Fitz is egregious, no arm and zero touch. There is a reason he was let go from two other teams. Nix should be fired for simply wasting the Old Man's money. Fitz, Williams and Jackson. Journey man qb, 31 year old rb that has had 1 1000 yd campaign with a game-changing backup you drafted in the 1st round eroding behind him. You don't pay somebody because of what they did. Spiller is more then capable. I would've let Freddie walk, sorry. I like Mario Williams, never thought he was worth the money and there is a reason Houston said bye-bye (watts) but I blame his lack of production on coaching and scheme. ... I like to think this will turn around but this team quit again..Not sure what is going on with Tavaris Jackson being inactive and what his role is on the roster if he's just gonna be a tool......If Wannstandt cant scheme to get pressure on Kolb next week I can't see them winning this game even though it may be close. Tough loss today. Wannstandts defense has giving up 76 pts in last 5 quarters..!! NFL Defense with supposedly one of the better front 4's in the game. Wow...Frightening .....I feel for the Old man and his family watching these debacles the last 2 weeks especially with 75 million guaranteed in williams and fitzpatrick (24 mil) yikes!

Edited by dutmost

He should be fired on the simple fact that he went "all in" on Fitzpatrick.

Agreed. But even before that, when even the most thick-skulled knew that Edwards would never amount to anything, he went all-in on Edwards. Remember how he leaned in on those two kids that were heckling Edwards in camp three seasons ago. Everyone should have known something was up right then and there.

Everyone applauds him for hiring David Lee, who once again wasn't noted for, except here and other Bills places in the preseason, for creating good QBs, he was noted for creating the Wildcat. BFD Meanwhile, entirely overlooked was the fact that Gailey hired the stiff before him too.

Gailey's been in over his head since he was hired. People just refused to look at the facts. Same for Nix. Fitzpatrick has always been a journeyman QB, you could tell by his mechanics. Anytime people have to point out how smart a QB is, or "poised in the pocket" as was the case with Edwards, in order to justify poor performance, that should be a red flag right there. But it hasn't been. Once again it's taken most Bills fans getting hit over the head with a 2x4 to figure it out.

The funny thing is that instead of boycotting this **** for a couple of seasons, everyone will kneejerk to the carrot on the end of the next pole just like they've done for the current string of rejects, retreads, and turds. Until this Pavlovian exercise ends, fans will get what they deserve. Wilson and the franchise have gotten all that they've wanted, full or near full stadiums for games. Can't ask for more there. By all rights this stadium should have been empty over the last five seasons.

Want change? Quit buying tickets and merchandise and going to games, plain and simple. I guarantee, two seasons of the stadium averaging 30-some thousands for games will give Wilson all the kick in the pants he needs. If he makes it that long now. This should have been done the last few seasons. He wouldn't want that humiliation. And as everyone now knows full well, it's not going to change a damn thing insofar as the team moving goes.

Anyway, here's raising a glass to the next exercise of prematurely praising the next budget GM, Head Coach, and retread QB, and to the next round of "he needs three seasons" and "he's on the right track" and "BILL-IEVE!!!" followed by the same realization, in 2015/16.

Cheers!

Edited by TaskersGhost

Maybe Goodell, will forgive Greg Williams and we can get a good defense again. (was the last time we had one :( )

Maybe Goodell, will forgive Greg Williams and we can get a good defense again. (was the last time we had one :( )

Williams was the beginning of a lasting trend at OBD of privileging system over personnel. We had an oustanding defense before he arrived. He dismantled it, and after discarding veteran leaders and spending free agent dollars and draft picks on system-ready replacements, eventually reassembled a defense that was almost as good as the one he inherited. Since then, it seems that every new staff we bring in does effectively the same thing-- only few have been able to put the pieces back together as well as "three G's".

I'm still devastated that we chose to increase our "need positions" by nearly double in 2010 by installing Chan and Edwards' defense of choice, the 3-4, and then chose to do so only through the draft-- forcing us to reach on guys like Troupe and Carrington, when better players at pre-existing need positions (TE, WR, QB, and LT) were still on the board. So instead of a young nucleus of talented players, we have an over-drafted lot who were not signed to lead the team, but to fill an empty slot in the lineup until a more worthy player, or a worthy coach with a new system, came along.

None of this is all that related to Gregg, and has no relation to the original post, but I'm not sure how often one team can dismantle and start over before the damage transcends the roster, the coaching, and the culture and becomes something beyond saving?

It is all about coaching. I think we have plenty of talents. Fitz limits the offense due to his inability to go deep. But in the end we have plenty of talents. Give our roster to Belichick and we would make the playoffs.

We need a QB though...Even Belichek could do nothing without a true QB either in Cleveland or in New England.

I agree...The two RB approach is not working as both Jackson and Spiller (and RBs in general) are rhythm players....You got to feed the ball to these guys consistently to let them make plays. Spiller was outstanding when Jackson was on the bench. They need to pick one of these guys and stick with them (Possibly Spiller).